The orc that didn't want to be an orc Final Chapter

Original Tolkien-based writings of all kinds.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

Mrs_Pippin-Took

The orc that didn't want to be an orc Final Chapter

Post by Mrs_Pippin-Took » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:28 am

TALE OF THE ORC THAT DIDN'T WANT TO BE AN ORC
CHAPTER ONE:

After the evil power of the ring was destroyed, the orcs went to a secret place.
There would no longer be an evil master that would lead them to war. But orcs couldn't resist the daylight. They hated it and didn't understand why the sun was always shining. They loved rotten meat and they never thought about fresh meat.
The orcs were having some orcwives. Where there orcwives? Yes, some elfs were female and were tortured and transformed into orcs too. Was there love between orcs? No, there was not a single orc that could love or be nice to each other for one minute. No one? NO...that is not true..because there was ONE.

His name was Ghroshmog. He was a young orc around age 15 or something. Ghroshmog was different. He hated rotten meat, he never wanted to eat it at all.
How many times did his mother throw his plate to his head and yelled at him.
"You rotten, dirty, stupid orc!!" Well, our Ghroshmog was used to it.
But this orc wanted to spent time outside in the woods. He loved to watch the flowers and butterflies.
All the other orcs were spitting on him. He was a softy and couldn't be an orc at all. But his mom was and his father also. So how was this possible?!

One day Ghroshmog had a fight with some of the older adult orc males.
"Haven't you heard from Lûrtz? " " Who do you think Ghrishnak was?"
Ghroshmog couldn't give them the answer.
-Haven't you read the orcish history books?????? They were mentioned in it!!!
-No, Ghroshmog admitted. I haven't read those books at all...
-Why not you stupid idiot?????
-Because I found them too violent and agressive...
A loud noise was heard. All the orcs started to laugh. What a stupid orc! He can't be one of us...no way!!!!

Ghroshmog went to the woods again. He couldn't go home and tell his parents what happened. They would throw him through the room and they would feel embarressed about him.
The little orc was sitting down at a tree and he looked at a flower.
Why am I different? Why am I not like them? What is wrong with being like me? I hate fightings and I think rotten meat is disgusting! And the young orc was speaking softly about his differences with the other orcs. Then he heard a voice.

" What is wrong little one? " Ghroshmog looked up and saw a very beautiful lady. She was shining like the golden sun. And this orc was the ONLY orc that loved the sun and he was also the only one of his race that could stand the sun. He was shocked and for the first time he felt embarressed about his looks.
Sorry lady, but I'm so ugly! he said. The lady smiled at him and said: You are an orc. Ghroshmog replied:Everybody hates orcs. Nobody loves them. Orcs are not nice. The lady smiled again: You are the only orc that is good and pure hearted my dear Ghroshmog.
Ghroshmog was amazed. "How do you know my name?"
The elvish lady said: Come on little one. I need to lead you through the other world.
" But I won't be allowed into your world! I'm an orc! "
The lady took him by his hand and Ghroshmog soon felt like they were flying
Last edited by Mrs_Pippin-Took on Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:09 am, edited 10 times in total.
What's the point of being grown up when you can't be childish sometimes

Primula

The Reluctant Orc...txt

Post by Primula » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:08 pm

This reminds of Ferdinand the Bull - did you ever read this children's book? The bull that didn't want to fight, he just wanted to sit in the shade and smell the flowers.

Mrs_Pippin-Took

Re: The Reluctant Orc...txt

Post by Mrs_Pippin-Took » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:37 pm

That is funny! :D Maybe it has a different name in my country, but I think I haven't read it! At my work I just had to think about the orcs and the fact they were all mean. So I wanted to make a kind of a tale about an orc that was different :wink:

Mrs_Pippin-Took

Post by Mrs_Pippin-Took » Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:07 am

CHAPTER TWO:

Ghroshmog was very surprised. The elvish lady had taken him by his hand and together they flew through the air. Ghroshmog enjoyed the beautiful sight of the woods and all those beautiful places he never had seen before.
There is Willy!! he said. Willy! Hello! It's me! Ghroshmog!
A beautiful bird was sitting on the top of a tree and when this little bird saw Ghroshmog, he jumped of the twig and was soon flying next to Ghroshmog and the young lady.
Hello Willy! the orc said. Are you joining us with flying?
The elvish lady was very surprised when she looked up after a while and saw a row of birds flying with them.
You are really an amazing orc, little one! she smiled. I never saw this before!
Birds who are following orcs!! And then Ghroshmog and the elvish lady started to laugh.
I will show you my home, she said. You will meet my husband and children.

They landed on the most beautiful garden Ghroshmog ever saw.
The trees were all lightened and the colors were like sparkling drops of water, but in all kind of colors.
The young elvish lady said: Ghroshmog, you don't know my name yet. I'm Ileäthraë. Come, and join us!
Ghroshmog followed Ileäthraë. She called another young elvish girl and she said: Ilwyn, give our dear friend some clothes! He can't have dinner in these aweful clothes.
The young elf was shocked: But my lady...he is an orc.
Yes, Ileäthraë replied. He is, but he is probably the ONLY orc that is pure hearted!
Hello, Ghroshmog said to the Ilwyn. And then he asked, lady, are my birds still there?
Ileäthraë looked outside and started to laugh. You funny one! Go and dress yourself, your friends are all waiting outside!
Ilwyn looked outside and was amazed to see how many birds were sitting in the large garden. Then she took Ghroshmog with her and found some more nicer looking clothes then this orcish army clothing he was wearing.

Ghroshmog looked into the mirror. I never will look different. Everybody can see I'm an orc and they always will dislike me. I hate to be an orc!
Then he saw Ileäthraë standing behind him.
You are 15 years old little one. Yes, you are an orc and you always will be, but you are special. There has never been a good orc before you and there will not be a good orc after you. You are the ONLY orc that ispure hearted. These little friends of you outside don't care how you look. You are their friend, their buddy! They don't see you as an orc. They love you and they will always love you. I love you and I'm certain everybody of my race will love your heart.
She wrapped her arms around her little friend and said: You are my special friend. And even if you are an orc, you always will be my friend. So, come on and let's meet my family. I told them about you and they love to meet you!
Ghroshmog went downstairs with Ileäthraë.

faramirgirl

Post by faramirgirl » Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:55 pm

What a wonderful tale mrsp. :D
Proud grandma to Nova Holbrook and Kiara
Foster. and Aura Holbrook

Mrs_Pippin-Took

Post by Mrs_Pippin-Took » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:16 am

CHAPTER THREE:

Ghroshmog went downstairs and Ileäthraë was waiting for him.
Come on, little one, you can't let my family waiting.
When Ghroshmog entered the room, he saw a family. A male with long black hair and a girl with black hair and a boy with blond hair. Their eyes all were blue.
The male stood up from his chair and was reaching his hand to the little orc.
Welcome Ghroshmog, come and join my family. My name is Chaspare and these are my daughter Glendwige and son Arotrüye.
Come, Ileäthraë said. Have dinner little one.

While he was eating, Ghroshmog felt how they were looking at him. He felt shy.
Then Arotrüye was inviting him to come and play with him in their garden. Ghroshmog looked a bit afraid at Ileäthraë, but she smiled at him very friendly.

While the children were playing outside with the orc, Chaspare said: My dear beloved wife, I know he is a good orc, but what do we tell the other elfs of the council? They will never accept him, not even now we finally found an orc that is good. The orcs will never be our friends!
Ileäthraë smiled at Chaspare and said: I don't care what they say. Ghroshmog is our friend and I won't let him go back to those cruel orcs out there in the woods.
Chaspare shaked his head and said: I'm afraid we will get problems with the remaining orcs. Sooner or later, they will go an look for him and then we will have another battle.
Ileäthraë looked at her husband and she said with a very soft voice: I will take care of this orc. I told you, I won't let him go back.

In a meanwhile, Ghroshmog and Glendwige and Arotrüye became very close. They had fun almost every day and the children were not feeling bored that much now they found Ghroshmog.
Till the day the highest elf of the council came along........

faramirgirl

Post by faramirgirl » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:49 am

Awwwwwwwwwww that is so sweet that they had taken in this orc and let him become part of the family. :D

Mrs_Pippin-Took

Post by Mrs_Pippin-Took » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:29 am

Thanks FG, it is good to hear from you again :wink:
More to come soon... :D

Pi

Post by Pi » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:36 am

some cute stuff, Mrs. P.
Nice to see you on the new boards.
Et Earello Endorenna utulien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn'Ambar-metta!
Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world!

Mrs_Pippin-Took

Post by Mrs_Pippin-Took » Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:36 am

Thank you (((((PI))))) :wink:

CHAPTER FOUR:

The whole elvish family were gathering together to celebrate the fact that Ghroshmog was with them for 6 months. While they were sitting in their garden waiting to have dinner, the young maiden Ilwyn appeared. My lady, there is a gentleman that wants to see you.
Ileäthraë looked up and walked inside her house. There she saw the highest elf of the council. My dear Yothy, she said. How good to see you. Come and join us!
Ghroshmog was playing in the garden with the two elvish lasses.

Chaspare was standing up from his chair and he gave Yothy a friendly welcome.
Yothy was sitting in another chair and looked concerned. I hope you are aware that although the war of the ring is over, but there are still some orcs hunting through the woods. The last few weeks, my servants have seen many orcs and they were looking for something or maybe for someone. I am concerned because the number of orcs entering our woods are increasing and orcs are not especially my personal friends.

Chaspare looked very concerned and Ileäthraë was looking upset. They both wanted to say something but then Ghroshmog came running into their direction.
Yothy jumped off his chair and grabbed his sword.
An orc!!!!! He said. Let me get rid off him!! He was running towards Ghroshmog but Ileäthraë yelled and grabbed Yothy at his cloak. Stop it! Keep your hands off of him!
Yothy stopped immidiatly and looked very surprised but also a bit angry.
Ghroshmog ran towards Ileäthraë and wrapped his arms around her waist.
Her children were upset and were gathering around their mother and their new friend.
Yothy became furious. What I see is impossible! Are you telling me that this orc is your friend?! Look at his ugly face! The evil spirit is also in his eyes. He can't be your friend! Chaspare explained briefly what happened but Yothy was too angry to listen. You will hear more about this! And he walked away.

The family didn't want to eat anymore and Ghroshmog asked softly: Am I really ugly?
Glendwige said: Oh no! Let him talk! He is getting old! How can he judge you? He doesn't know you!!!
Arotrüye and Glendwige took their little friend with them and Chaspare and Ileäthraë were having a kind of argue.
I told you, Chaspare said. I told you. Ileäthraë said: I'm not going to send him away!
Chaspare: But honey, you heard what Yothy said. The orcs are searching for him.
I'M NOT GONNA SEND HIM AWAY! was the reply.
Darling, please, what if the orcs find out he is here?
I"m NOT GOING TO SEND HIM AWAY!!
We are immortal when nothing happens, but we still can get killed!
NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY, GHROSHMOG WILL STAY HERE!!!
Chaspare saw his wife's face and then realised she really, really loved this little orc. Alright, he whispered. He is going to stay here.
Ileäthraë was kneling down at her husband's side. Dear, this young orc has stolen my heart. There is something about him that makes me love him so much. He is an orc, yes! He always will be an orc, but he is special. And if something will happen to him, I will never ever forgive myself. So he will stay here and even if it will take my life, I will protect him.

Chaspare felt the deep love for his wife as he always had felt and he said: Sweetheart, I won't let him leave our place. He belongs to our family and Gledwige and Arotrüye love him like a brother. They don't even see the difference between an elf and an orc in him.

Then Ilwyn appeared. My lord, My lady, master Yothy is here together with some members of the council. They need to talk to you.

faramirgirl

Post by faramirgirl » Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:59 am

I am glad that she is standing her ground about this orc. And that her husband is giving in and allowing him to stay, I hope that they can get the high elves to see. :D Wonderful chapter.

Mrs_Pippin-Took

Post by Mrs_Pippin-Took » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:34 pm

Thanks hon :wink: you will see, more will be added!

mousechief

Post by mousechief » Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:52 pm

Very entertaining! Can't wait to see what happens next!
"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."-Walt Disney

Mrs_Pippin-Took

Post by Mrs_Pippin-Took » Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:04 am

Mouse :wink: here is the next chapter!

CHAPTER FIVE:

Ilwyn was taking Ileäthraë and Chaspare to Yothy. He was standing in the doorway with two elves. They were members of the first council.

Yothy said: Dear Chaspare and Ileäthraë. We need to talk.
Before he could start his next sentence, Ileäthraë said: I'll make it very clear to you. If you are here to convince me about sending Ghroshmog away, you better could turn around and leave. Because I'm not going to send him away.
Yothy: But Il, (he was always shorten names when he was trying to convince others) he is an orc.
Chaspare: Yothy, let's make it clear. My wife will not send this orc away. If she has to die for him, she would die and so would I.
Yothy: But orcs are our enemies and every friend of the enemy is our next enemy.
Then Ileäthraë became furious.
She said: Are we all forgotten what our true nature is? Since when do elves have to let the people suffer who need help? Am I now your enemy by taking this little orc in my home? Am I worse and have I disobeyed the rules of the Valar?
But you are an elf!! Yothy said.
Yes, she replied. I'm an elf and elves are here to do good whenever they can. And I tell you, if I will let this little sweetheart die, Manwë will never forgive me. And most certainly not when I had the opportunity to help him. Sometimes the most aweful people need help. And I love my little orc and he won't leave! Will you please leave my house now?

Yothy and the other two elves were completely surprised. They turned around and then they saw little Ghroshmog playing with the birds. He was running to them and his little friends were teasing him. Willy! Willy! Wait for me!!! he rushed up to a little bird who was sitting in a tree. The little bird flew away and soon it returned with a rose in his mouth and landed on the shoulder of Ghroshmog. The rose was planted in his hair.

The three elves were absolutely amazed about what they just saw.
Yothy: This can't be true! A bird who is giving a rose to an orc?! Ghroshmog heard this and said: No, it's not a bird, this is Willy and I raised him when I found him in a tree. He was a little orphine. And those other birds are Alfred, Charlie and Jason. The other birds were flying circles around Ghroshmog and when he reached them his hand, the birds were sitting on Ghroshmog's arm. Then the little orc ran away after Arotrüye and Gledwige.

Yothy looked at the elvish lady and said: I agree that he is indeed very special, but still he is an orc.
Ileäthraë laughed and said: Yes, he is our orc.
Then Yothy said: I will leave you now, but if there is anything wrong, I won't help you. You are alone here. remember, there are orcs looking for him and they don't love anybody, but they will search for him. He is still an orc.
Chaspare said: If you don't want to help us when we need your help, it will be okay with us. The Valar won't let us down. I'm sure they will help.
Not when I am in charge, Yothy replied and he walked away with his two compagnons.

Ileäthraë looked at Chaspare and said: Somehowe I feel we will get help whenever it's needed.
Then she saw Ghroshmog running her way.
Momma elf! Look what I took with me for you..he opened his hand and Ileäthraë saw a beautiful rose and she hugged her darling orc and Ghroshmog said: You are always staying with me, don't you momma elf?
Chaspare started to laugh. Momma elf is the most wonderful name my wife could ever be named.
Ghroshmog said: Gledwige and Arotrüye told me you were my momma elf from now on.
Ileäthraë said: Is Chaspare your Daddy elf?
Sure! Ghroshmog smiled. A big hug was the next thing that happened.

Soon there will be more......
Last edited by Mrs_Pippin-Took on Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

faramirgirl

Post by faramirgirl » Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:13 pm

OH that was so sweet. The orc with a heart and soul and knows how to love. :D