Zac

Discuss your other favorite personalities.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

Nuroreiel

Zac

Post by Nuroreiel » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:46 am

Okay, I just have to mention how cute Zac Efron is in the Disney TV movie, High School Musical. Way too young for me in real life, but hey, that's the fun of TV! :wink:

It's also a good movie, by the way, with good messages for kids to not give up on their dreams and to support their friends in their dreams, and a message for parents not to pigeonhole their children into only one category. Our whole family enjoyed it.
If our kindness
This day is just pretending
If we pretend long enough
Never giving up
It just might be who we are
(Trans-Siberian Orchestra)

Evelyn

Zac

Post by Evelyn » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:37 am

I didn't really buy into the Zac fandom when HSM went by (was too busy drooling over Lucas Grabeel) but then I saw him in...

HAIRSPRAY! OMG! *CLUNK*

...excuse my yell. :grin:

I think he made a phenomenal Link Larkin. Of course, he was also working with a much better cast, which obviously had some effect on his performance.

I think it was the song "Ladies' Choice" that sold it for me. That, and the whole slew of Zac and Nikki interviews I watched afterwards.

Of course, then HSM2 came along and I was mildly disappointed. "Bet on It" was kind of lame...

But you're right, he's awfully cute. :)
All that glitters has a high refractive index.

eowynmaiar

Re: Zac

Post by eowynmaiar » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:46 pm

I couldn't stand Migh School Musical. My friends sat me down and forced me to watch it. But none of us really enjoyed it. I have to admit though, Hairspray was slightly better, mainly because of Christopher Walken and that guy who played Seaweed. And Zac Effron was kind of better in that too. Not nearly as horrible an experience.
~~Eowynmaiar~~

*R.I.P. Duane*

Evelyn

Post by Evelyn » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:04 am

Heck yeah - there oughtta be a Seaweed[Elijah Kelly] swooning thread! :grin:

I think one of the main appeals of HSM for me was that it was a musical where the dances were simple enough I could actually learn them.

Obviously the music leaves much to be desired, but you've gotta admit that for a bunch of kids who had never been involved in anything vaguely resembling a musical they did a pretty good job.
All that glitters has a high refractive index.

Nuroreiel

Post by Nuroreiel » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:11 am

If you want to see Zac act without singing, try The Derby Stallion or Miracle Run. He's younger there, but really quite good in both of them.
If our kindness
Never giving up

Primula

Post by Primula » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:08 am

I loved him in Hairspray - he's improved tremendously since he started out. I'm so glad to see musicals coming back, I really enjoy them. And Elijah Kelly was amazing too - wow! I hope both of them have bright careers ahead of them.

Nuroreiel

Post by Nuroreiel » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:16 am

Rumor is that Zac will be starring in a remake of Footloose. Personally, when a movie is that good the first time around, I don't understand why they do a remake. They're almost never as good as the original. He's also working on Seventeen, which I guess is a sort of reverse Big. He'll play a grown man who suddenly wakes up to find he's 17 again. Sounds kind of amusing. We'll see.
If our kindness
Never giving up

Primula

Post by Primula » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:46 am

Nuroreiel wrote:He'll play a grown man who suddenly wakes up to find he's 17 again.
Sounds like a horror flick! :nailbiter: Who in their right mind would ever want to be an adolescent again?

Nuroreiel

Post by Nuroreiel » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:52 am

Think of "mini-Jack" in Stargate - To be that age but knowing all you know now! I'm guessing this is something of a comedy. Meg's been telling me about all this; I haven't read it myself.
If our kindness
Never giving up

eowynmaiar

Post by eowynmaiar » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:37 am

Primula wrote:
Nuroreiel wrote:He'll play a grown man who suddenly wakes up to find he's 17 again.
Sounds like a horror flick! :nailbiter: Who in their right mind would ever want to be an adolescent again?
I'm almost seventeen. :shock:
~~Eowynmaiar~~

*R.I.P. Duane*

Primula

Post by Primula » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:10 am

eowynmaiar wrote:I'm almost seventeen. :shock:
Don't worry, we won't hold it against you. :lol: In truth, I loved much of my teen years, but at the same time I wouldn't want to go through all the emotional ups and downs and general craziness that comes with it. You are probably doing a better job of 'teening' than I ever did.
:friends:

eowynmaiar

Post by eowynmaiar » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:47 pm

Hmmm, I don't really notice any teenage induced emotional ups and downs. But maybe once I'm an adult I'll suddenly notice that I'm normal. Hehe. I am a bit of a crazy teenager. Gee, if my parents knew how crazy I was... :? I can kiss my expensive education and my roof over my head goodbye. :(
~~Eowynmaiar~~

*R.I.P. Duane*

Froda Baggins

Post by Froda Baggins » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:39 am

I didn't see High School Musical till long after its release... never thought I'd like it, honestly, but then a friend wanted me to watch it with her and I was actually somewhat pleasantly surprised by it. I thought it was a rather cute, colorful caricature of American high school and enjoyed it for what it was.

And yeah, Zac is pretty cute. :grin: Nice voice too.

F.B. :ent:
:ent:

eowynmaiar

Post by eowynmaiar » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:06 am

I don't knoow why. Buit I just thought that Zac Effron was phenomenonly ugly in High School Musical. He improved in Hairspray a bit. I dunno. Maybe it's just my incredibly weird taste in guys.
~~Eowynmaiar~~

*R.I.P. Duane*

halavana

Post by halavana » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:56 pm

Never noticed him much until lately. The movie Me and Orson Wells looks promising. He did pretty well as a guest on NCIS and CSI Miami. Looking forward to see what he does in the future. Just hope the snark from the media and the paparazzi don't get to him too much. Early pictures of him remind me a bit of Elijah Wood.
a laital Eru
Mah nid sakhu!