Northern California Renaissance Faire

Upcoming events, announcements and moots,
Share your travels and picture links here.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

Laerindae

Northern California Renaissance Faire

Post by Laerindae » Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:23 am

Just in case any Ringers in the area would like to have some fun at the faire together, maybe meet up?
I am going with some unknown number of friends to the Faire on October 1st, possibly 2nd. That will be the Celtic Invasion theme weekend.
We would loved to have gone for the Pirate Invasion theme weekend in September, but alas, some of our party are out of town that weekend.

You can try this link:
http://www.norcalrenfaire.org/?page=hom ... 0fd998788a

Or just type in Northern California Renaissance Faire into your web search engine. You'll find it, the Casa de Fruta location.

If you can't go that weekend, but are going to this Faire, then post anyway! I might be tempted to go a second time IF some fine Ringer friends were there to spend time with.

tinidril

Re: Northern California Renaissance Faire

Post by tinidril » Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:23 am

Between Gilroy and Hollister?? It has always cracked me up how Californians call the Bay Area "Northern" :roll: :lol: It's farther from the Oregon border to the Bay Area than the entire lenth of Oregon! Northern! :lala: :-P :D
You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to. ~Bilbo
I'm on Facebook ~ The-tinidril on deviantART.com

Laerindae

Post by Laerindae » Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:35 pm

Recently, I have been noticing more people calling this area "Central CA".
But the point is, and I've even heard this from relatives in LA, though I won't say everyone feels this way!!! That they don't consider us as even being like the same state. Everything north of LA is "Northern CA".

And yes, this Ren Faire is more or less east of the Gilroy and closer to the Hollister zone. It's past Hollister at the edge of the mountains, that if you went over the pass you'd be at 5.

True-Hearted Easterling

Post by True-Hearted Easterling » Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:29 am

Oh, I'd love to go! But no trip to California is in the cards for me right now.

BTW, we have the same kind of thing in Illinois. Many Chicagoans consider anything south of Kankakee to be "southern" Illinois, even though it's a loooong way down to the bottom of Illinois.

tinidril

'Southern'

Post by tinidril » Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:35 am

Since our capital is almost in the middle of the state I think we've mostly avoided the idea that everything south of Portland is "southern"... however, for the most part, everything east of Mt. Hood is called "eastern Oregon" by most people... even though the weather-forcaster refers to it as the "Cascades" and then beyond that "Eastern Oregon". Portland and Salem pretty much divide the state in two from east to west. And since Oregon is shaped like a rectangle widest from east-to-west, that makes Eastern Oregon a good-sized chunk of realestate.... but nothing to compare to "Northern California"! :lol:

Anyway, if this renfaire were really in Northern California I'd be tempted to go! :grin:
You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to. ~Bilbo
I'm on Facebook ~ The-tinidril on deviantART.com