A Tale of Many Threads?

An ongoing parody role-play of our favorite tale.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Linaewen, Moderators

Regional threads?

Sure, let's give it a try.
14%
Nah, I think I like the jumbled up version better.
71%
I have another idea and will post it.
No votes
Huh? I have no idea what you're talking about.
14%

Total votes: 7

Primula

A Tale of Many Threads?

Post by Primula » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:15 am

I was considering this situation last night and thought I'd see what you guys think - as the tale goes on, it splits even more than the "books" define (i.e. M & P in Fangorn vs. the Hunters + Gandalf in another direction vs. what's happening in Rohan...)

I was wondering if it would work to establish a thread for each geographical region and as characters go into those areas that is where they post (such as Rohan - with the folks at Meduseld now, the Hunters joining in there later and then finally Merry left with Theoden, etc. or Gondor, where now we might have the ruminations of Denethor and later Gandalf and Pippin would enter it, etc.) It might make it easier to find something if we want to go back and reference an earlier event too.

Thoughts?

Laiquendi

Re: A Tale of Many Threads?

Post by Laiquendi » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:34 am

It sounds more organised... but where do you draw the line at too many locations? Or would it be better to have a thread for each plotline that then merge as they cross paths?

Hmm, i'm not really sure... :?
Don't blame me for the size of my ego, it's just proportionate to the size of my genius! :grin:

Ladyhawk Baggins

Post by Ladyhawk Baggins » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:29 am

Ummm...isn't part of the insanity -- ehem fun, trying to figure out where one is?
I will take it. I will take it. I will take the Ring to Mordor, though I do not know the way. ~ Frodo Baggins

daughter_of_kings

Post by daughter_of_kings » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:41 pm

Ladyhawk Baggins wrote:Ummm...isn't part of the insanity -- ehem fun, trying to figure out where one is?
I agree... everyone is pretty much headed for Isengard now, and everyone will pretty much head to Minas Tirith later... if you split it by location, then you have to wander in and out of threads to follow a particular character, and you lose the continuity of the insanity. :D
If the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence... water your grass.

Primula

Post by Primula » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:56 am

Any more thoughts on the matter? Hello? :wink:

DoctorGamgee

Post by DoctorGamgee » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:09 am

I agree with the folks above. Merry and Pip can be doing their thing with Treebeard while the Travelling Trio goes to Rohan. They will all meet up at Isengard anyway, so why not just leave it a bit jumbled. It keeps the insanity on your toes to make sure you know what is happening. Otherwise, we will have to merge the storys, some from Helms at Isengard, and split it at the paths of the dead, split Merry and Pip . . . it gets too confusing.

dr.G
Proud father of G-minor and the Bean!