ELF

Upcoming events, announcements and moots,
Share your travels and picture links here.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

Primula

ELF

Post by Primula » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:11 pm

Post your updates, information, seating charts, etc. here - and I'll just try not to be jealous! :D

Ashlyn

ELF Seating Chart

Post by Ashlyn » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:17 pm

Seating Chart, in place and ready for additions!

B24 & B25 - Silmaryan & husband Ray
C23 - Lith
C27 & C28 - Lady of Light & Sahmwise
C31 - Periannath
C33 - Overlithe
D19 & D20 - Lalaith & Bekahwa
D27 - Baggins-Under-The-Hill
E28 - Gina
I19 - Mrs Frodo Baggins
L26 - The Shampoo
M32 - Ladyhawk Baggins
N32 - Ashlyn
He wore a tall pointed blue hat, a long grey cloak, and a silver scarf. He had a long white beard and bushy eyebrows that stuck out beyond the brim of his hat.

Ashlyn

ELF Information . . . txt

Post by Ashlyn » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:36 pm

Here’s the schedule info that’s available now:

SHOW HOURS:
Friday: 10am to ??? Fan Club Breakfast Moot
Friday: 2pm to 7pm
Friday 9pm Emerald Rose Performance
Saturday 10am Brunch & Silent Auction with guest
Saturday: Noon to 7pm
Saturday 9pm Dessert Party
Sunday: Noon to 7pm

JOHY RHYS-DAVIES Gimli - Friday

SEAN ASTIN Sam - Saturday

ELIJAH WOOD Frodo - Sunday

We are very happy to welcome two of the team behind the eagerly awaited documentary RINGERS. CLIFFORD BROADWAY and CARLENE CORDOVA will be joining us for the weekend. Carlene is the director, writer, and producer of Ringers: Lord of the Fans and Cliff is the writer and interviewer for the documentary which will be released by Sony. We will have a couple of panels on the making of the film and will be showing some clips too.

MATT APPLETON WETA representative - appearing throughout the weekend, specific times to be announced.

Guest Update:

BILLY BOYD has let us know that, unfortunately, he will be unable to make his scheduled appearance due to a new film job that will require that he be in Europe during the convention. Obviously we are all terribly disappointed but film work always takes precedence over personal appearances and that is the most difficult part of running conventions. This out clause is part of EVERY convention contract from any promoter and star and it is the only way that any convention could ever book in-demand talent.

We regret this inconvenience for all of Billy's many fans and we look forward to working with this fantastic gentleman in the future. In the meantime, we are currently working round the clock to add a guest to fill Billy's slot in our program and the brunch. We will be making announcements as we know, and we will be contacting those fans that purchased the brunch tickets, autograph passes for Billy and photo ops with Billy as soon as we have a replacement so we can offer options, including refunds and/or exchanges on those items. We appreciate your patience and we will do everything we can to make ELF a wonderful experience for attendees despite this setback.

JOHN NOBLE will not be appearing with us at ELF. We have invited Mr. Noble to be with us at ORC (our LOTR event in Pasadena California) and we hope to work with him soon. Those that ordered photo ops will have their credit cards refunded.

SPECIAL PERFORMING STARS

EMERALD ROSE The popular band will perform at the convention during one of the evening events! The band was a big hit at ORC so we know that audiences at ELF will be similarly pleased!

SPECIAL EXPERT SPEAKERS

JOHN DOUGLAS ADAMS - He Is currently working on a book about Howard Shore's score for the films, and will be talking to fans about the amazing part music plays in these favorite flicks

PAUL J. BADALI - Paul is from Badali Jewelry, the first jeweler to be licensed to make LOTR themed jewelry before the films even came out. Paul will talk about jewelry making, interpreting the books to get his design ideas, etc. He was TORn's first advertising partner and holds a special place in our hearts and the history of the website.

COLLEEN B. DORAN - Tolkien artist and all around Fantasy artist. Colleen has fans throughout the globe, and made many of her earliest convention appearance at Creation produced events! We've come full circle with this great talent!

LAURA COOPER - "Tengwar Calligrapher and Instructor" This means that she writes in Elvish and will be teaching others to write in Elvish. Anyone who would like lessons please bring their own paper and calligraphy pen and Laura will get you started!

PETER S. BEAGLE - Author of such books as "The Last Unicorn" and co-screenwriter of the Ralph Bakshi filmed version of The Lord of the Rings. He is also working closely with the Ringers group on writing a book about the documentary. Peter will also have a booth in the vendors room to sign his books.

GARY HUNNEWELL - A Tolkien Scholar of note and will be participating in the program.

Packages:

WIZARD CIRCLE WEEKEND PACKAGE
These are available in limited supply (THESE SOLD OUT SUPER-FAST FOR THE ONE RING CELEBRATION) and feature the following special benefits:

1) The very best reserved seatings for daytime convention main auditorium events ALL 3 DAYS

2) Complimentary Admission to FRIDAY Evening's Special Event

3) Complimentary Admission to SATURDAY Evening's Special Party

3) Complimentary autographs from many of the attending celebrities including ELIJAH WOOD, SEAN ASTIN and JOHN RHYS-DAVIES.

4) First to get autographs when done row by row.

5) Wristbands for immediate entrance without waiting on line after initial registration.

6) Pre-Registration fun: get the early chance to get your credentials set and have first crack at special convention souvenirs. Pre-Registration times will be announced.

WIZARD CIRCLE PACKAGES ARE AVAILABLE NOW FOR $349
PRICE WILL RISE SOON...PLEASE ORDER TODAY!

PREFERRED WEEKEND PACKAGES
This is the best way to attend all three days of the convention if you do not wish to attend the evening functions. Here you will get a great reserved seat each day in the theatre (right behind our gold folks) and you will also receive complimentary in-person autographs from ELIJAH WOOD, SEAN ASTIN and JOHN RHYS-DAVIES. Bargain priced (especially when you consider the value of this trio's autogaphs! $219

PREFERRED DAILY TICKETS
Here is the best way to attend individual days. You get a reserved seat in the theatre all day and you get an in person autograph from the celebrity appearing that day:
FRIDAY (John Rhys-Davies Boyd autograph included) $75
SATURDAY (Sean Astin autograph included) $75
SUNDAY (Elijah Wood autograph included) $75

GENERAL ADMISSION WEEKEND TICKETS
On a budget? Don't need autographs? Here is the most economical way to attend all weekend's daytime conventions. You get to see it all from a non-reserved seat in the main theatre for the three days. $80

GENERAL ADMISSION SINGLE DAY TICKETS
Will be sold at the door for $30 each.
Kids 7 to 12 will be $20 daily. Kids 6 and under are free.

EMERALD ROSE PERFORMANCE TICKETS FRIDAY NIGHT 9PM
Want to come see the band? Tickets purchased separately from the packages are priced as follows:
PREFERRED SEATING: A reserved seat behind our Gold Weekend Patrons: $65
GENERAL ADMISSION: $20 available at the door only.

DESSERT PARTY TICKETS
Come and party with fans from around the globe! A very small number of tickets are available outside of the Gold Packages for $65.

"GREAT LATE BRUNCH"
Friday at 4pm starring JOHN RHYS-DAVIES and featuring a gorgeous array of upscale Great American buffet fare for all tastes. Mr. Davies has graciously agreed to attend and mingle (photos can be taken when he first enters the room, and then we ask that they be put away as we bring him to your table to personally chat a bit). We will be raising money with our silent auction for two charities to be split: one of Mr. Davies' choice and one half to our original choice of Billy Boyd's chosen charity. Let's join together to raise some good funds! This event is sold out at this time as we want to keep it limited so everyone has a great time and gets to spend time with our guest.

PLEASE NOTE THAT EVERYONE WHO ORDERED THE ORIGINAL SATURDAY MORNING BRUNCH WITH BILLY BOYD WILL RECEIVE AN E-MAIL CONCERNING THIS NEW FUNCTION, GIVING YOU THE OPTION TO SWITCH TO THIS EVENT OR RECEIVE A REFUND. YOU SHOULD BE RECEIVING THIS E-MAIL ON AUGUST 3rd, SO PLEASE WAIT FOR IT FOR INSTRUCTIONS.

AUTOGRAPH TICKETS
Here's the chance to get hand-signed in person autographs from your favorite celebrities! They will sign any licensed item and you can bring something from home or purchase one of the many collectibles at the convention!

ELIJAH WOOD: $60
SEAN ASTIN: $60
JOHN RHYS-DAVIES: $60

Billy Boyd has cancelled his appearance. Anyone who ordered a separate Billy Boyd autograph ticket will be sent an e-mail shortly offering a number of options including a refund. We are waiting to see who the replacement(s) will be before making this announcement and appreciate your patience.

PHOTO OPS
What a great souvenir: having a full color glossy photograph of yourself posing with an internationally famous superstar! These sold out quickly at THE ONE RING CELEBRATION, so don't miss out in Florida. Please read: PHOTO OP F.A.Q.

ELIJAH WOOD: $70
SEAN ASTIN: $60
JOHN RHYS-DAVIES: $60

Billy Boyd has cancelled his appearance. Anyone who ordered a separate Billy Boyd photo ops ticket will be sent an e-mail shortly offering a number of options including a refund. We are waiting to see who the replacement(s) will be before making this announcement and appreciate your patience.

STAYING AT THE HOTEL: We will give you a great FREE LOTR gift if you are staying overnight at our hotel (gift is one per room given at registration when you arrive).

RESERVE YOUR GIFT (after you have your room reservation confirmation) BY E-MAILING edrod@creationent.com giving the name the room is reserved under, and the date you are arriving and the date you are leaving. It doesn't matter how you booked the room, your rate, or through whom you booked it, just that you are staying at the Wyndham during the convention time and the room is booked under the name you give us. [/quote]
Last edited by Ashlyn on Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
He wore a tall pointed blue hat, a long grey cloak, and a silver scarf. He had a long white beard and bushy eyebrows that stuck out beyond the brim of his hat.

Ladyhawk Baggins

23 more days... :-) nt

Post by Ladyhawk Baggins » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:01 am

:roll:
I will take it. I will take it. I will take the Ring to Mordor, though I do not know the way. ~ Frodo Baggins

Sahmwise

Re: ELF Seating Chart

Post by Sahmwise » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:56 pm

Additional info from Creation's site:

SPECIAL PANEL PRESENTATION
“ONE BOOK. ONE RING. ONE WORLD”

Reclaim the 'Ring' and meet the creators of RINGERS: LORD OF THE FANS at this exclusive event. A sensation at film festivals around the world, RINGERS is an award-winning feature documentary soon-to-be released by Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. RINGERS explores how "The Lord of the Rings" has influenced Western pop culture for over 50 years. See the new RINGERS trailer and special clips from the movie! The release date will be announced, along with revealing stories in the filmmakers' own words of how Dominic Monaghan (Lord of the Rings, Lost) came on board as narrator, and how executive producer Tom DeSanto (X-Men and Transformers) helped realize the project while they traveled the world documenting all things LOTR. Enjoy extended audience discussion with writer/producer/director Carlene Cordova (Sony Pictures Digital Ent.), and writer/producer Cliff Broadway (TheOneRing.net author,"The People's Guide to J.R.R. Tolkien").
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost.

Ashlyn

ELF - more info added . . . txt

Post by Ashlyn » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:08 pm

MATT APPLETON WETA representative - appearing throughout the weekend, specific times to be announced.

"GREAT LATE BRUNCH"
Friday at 4pm starring JOHN RHYS-DAVIES and featuring a gorgeous array of upscale Great American buffet fare for all tastes. Mr. Davies has graciously agreed to attend and mingle (photos can be taken when he first enters the room, and then we ask that they be put away as we bring him to your table to personally chat a bit). We will be raising money with our silent auction for two charities to be split: one of Mr. Davies' choice and one half to our original choice of Billy Boyd's chosen charity. Let's join together to raise some good funds! This event is sold out at this time as we want to keep it limited so everyone has a great time and gets to spend time with our guest.

PLEASE NOTE THAT EVERYONE WHO ORDERED THE ORIGINAL SATURDAY MORNING BRUNCH WITH BILLY BOYD WILL RECEIVE AN E-MAIL CONCERNING THIS NEW FUNCTION, GIVING YOU THE OPTION TO SWITCH TO THIS EVENT OR RECEIVE A REFUND. YOU SHOULD BE RECEIVING THIS E-MAIL ON AUGUST 3rd, SO PLEASE WAIT FOR IT FOR INSTRUCTIONS.

Ashlyn

21 more days (we missed a day) . . . nt

Post by Ashlyn » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:18 pm

:up:

Lithilien Quicksilver

Re: ELF - more info added . . . txt

Post by Lithilien Quicksilver » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:51 pm

Well, good to see Matt's back on the list. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this con will end up being worth it after all.
White shores are calling... You and I will meet again.

Ladyhawk Baggins

20 more days . . . nt

Post by Ladyhawk Baggins » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:33 pm

:yowza:
I will take it. I will take it. I will take the Ring to Mordor, though I do not know the way. ~ Frodo Baggins

Ashlyn

It'll be worth it to me just to meet everybody! . . . nt

Post by Ashlyn » Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:00 pm

:friends:

Ladyhawk Baggins

Me too! nt

Post by Ladyhawk Baggins » Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:04 pm

:yes:

Lithilien Quicksilver

Re: ELF// Final Second Breakfast ELF Moot details....

Post by Lithilien Quicksilver » Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:22 pm

It's official... Our fan club mb Second Breakfast ELF Moot will be held on Friday, August 26th, from 10 AM until about 11:30 AM, in a private room off the hotel restaurant with an abridged breakfast buffet menu... still plenty of food for a hungry hobbit.

We asked the hotel to hold the cost per person down to $20 per person, with tax and tip included in that price, so plan on that.

I will be sure to have a sign directing everyone to the room where we will moot, and name badges for all.

There will also be door prizes donated by some of the lovely Ringers on these boards, as well as a bit of organized talk (Speech, Bilbo! Speech!) and picture taking.

Please do come, even if this venue was not your choice. It will be lovely, and so very worth it, just to get together for a little while before the con begins.

See you there!
8)

Ashlyn

I just know the three weeks are gonna take forever! . . nt

Post by Ashlyn » Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:12 pm

:bored:

Lithilien Quicksilver

Re: I just know the three weeks are gonna take forever! . .

Post by Lithilien Quicksilver » Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:14 pm

Aw, it'll seem like that, but it'll be here before you know it. :D

Ladyhawk Baggins

19 more days . . . nt

Post by Ladyhawk Baggins » Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:20 pm

:poke: