Latest painting...

Inspiration in any form.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

Rosie

Latest painting...

Post by Rosie » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:58 pm

Nothin fancy...the flag didn't quite work the way I wanted it to, so I've since taken it out, but haven't upgraded the photo. Thought I'd share!

Blurry pic of G.Washington at Valley Forge.

yaralindi

Re: Latest painting...

Post by yaralindi » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:30 pm

Rosie, this is marvelous! The color and symmetry are spot on. I really wish I could see it in person to note the brush strokes. Your talent always takes my breath away and this is no exception. I'd have no problem hanging this in any art museum in the country - or over my mantel...
Purveyor of ancient songs

DoctorGamgee

Post by DoctorGamgee » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:11 pm

I really like the trees. They are unique and shapely, without too much symmetry which always looks artificial. But I agree with Yar. It is beautiful.

Dr.G
Proud father of G-minor and the Bean!

Rosie

Post by Rosie » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:38 pm

Awww, you guys are too sweet! I was really just trying to contribute post wise...very humbled by your opinions. :flower:

Primula

Post by Primula » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:46 am

Oh, lovely - I like the color palatte for this one, and you just keep getting better the more you do. Very nice! :up:

Ringwraith-Wife

Post by Ringwraith-Wife » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:08 am

Terrific Rosie! You have cold "DOWN"! It's impossible to look at this painting and not feel everything the subjects are feeling. I'll look forward to the updated photo. :thumb:

frodosmiss

Post by frodosmiss » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:15 am

VERY nice, Rosie! Makes me shiver in my boots (okay...my Birks!)~ I love the colors as well- really fits the mood.
..the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

Sylvania

Post by Sylvania » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:02 am

This is very stark, beautiful and COLD Rosie - I really felt the atmosphere. It takes a lot of talent to paint something where the viewer can become part of the scene. Well done. :yay:
CXXXEP

Ringwraith-Wife

Post by Ringwraith-Wife » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:10 am

Have you framed it yet? Update photos, please... it's terrific. :yes:

Rosie

Post by Rosie » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:29 am

~blush~ You guys are awesome, thank you!!! :love: I'm actually in Rhode Island for 2 weeks so I haven't updated the photo. Visited a home in Lexington last weekend where George Washington visited...the room had remained unchanged ever since. It was so inspiring...he's been my new subject of interest lately. Got a few ideas for upcoming paintings. :-)

Icarus

Post by Icarus » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:52 pm

This is a wonderful painting :-). I'm hoping to see a bunch more soon since RI usually inspires you and you have 3 weeks without a husband to interfere with your creative time :wink:.

You should post the one you did with the boys. It's really cute and well done besides!
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." – Thomas Jefferson