How's your Weather? 2

Casual chatty conversing and games.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

Frodo Baggins

Re: How's your Weather? 2

Post by Frodo Baggins » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:53 am

Last week I went outside and a mosquito landed on me! Mosquitos in Febuary? :huh:
“I wish it need not have happened in my time,” said Frodo.
“So do I,” said Gandalf, “and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”
~The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

Primula

Post by Primula » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:51 pm

Crazy stuff, isn't it? It looks like April out there right now, complete with people mowing their lawns and early fruit trees blooming - what happened to winter?

frodosmiss

Post by frodosmiss » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:33 pm

Winter is alive and well here in North Dakota right now....at least the cold part! Single digits below zero without wind chill factored in, which brings temps to 30+ below! Hate it when the weather makes my face hurt!
..the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

Ladyhawk Baggins

Post by Ladyhawk Baggins » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:51 pm

:snow: Wow. It's been warm for a couple of weeks, but it's also typical January-April weather. Cold, then warm, then cold again. Our apple tree is always in bloom by the 1st of February. We have to be careful about planting, because more than likely we'll have another cold snap or two.
I will take it. I will take it. I will take the Ring to Mordor, though I do not know the way. ~ Frodo Baggins

bregotamer

Post by bregotamer » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:45 pm

If I were to post what my weather is like right now, I think Frodosmiss and Ladyhawk would hurl snowballs at me!!! :sun: :hide: :snow: :old:
My friends, you bow to no one."

tinidril

Post by tinidril » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:45 am

"Spring since mid-January" about sums up the weather in Portland lately... lots of rain, but not cold. But February isn't over yet, anything could happen...
You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to. ~Bilbo
I'm on Facebook ~ The-tinidril on deviantART.com

daughter_of_kings

Post by daughter_of_kings » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:32 am

Lots of rain. I just put in my garden and now it's a lake. :rain:
If the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence... water your grass.

Strange Elf

Post by Strange Elf » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:15 am

We are in the fifth year of drought here is High Desert Nevada. It is not pretty, and I am sure there will be water restrictions this summer. That may very well kill my little herb garden.

These past few weeks have been unseasonably warm, but the past few days cloudy. It threatens rain here, but we rarely get any. They call it Virga.

Still, I went up the canyon yesterday morning and ate breakfast to the sound of Meadowlark, Robin, Kestrel and some little peeping bird. I posted a video on my Facebook page. If anyone wants to FB me, send a PM.

I can't change the weather, so if its going to be warm, I'm going to enjoy it.
There was also a Strange Elf clad in green and brown, Legolas,..... (FOTR, The council of Elrond)

Ladyhawk Baggins

Post by Ladyhawk Baggins » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:23 pm

We have quite a bit of virga here. I pray you see some rain, soon, Strange Elf. Sending you a PM. I want to see the video. :-)
I will take it. I will take it. I will take the Ring to Mordor, though I do not know the way. ~ Frodo Baggins

Primula

Post by Primula » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:49 am

It's March - over here that usually means rain and early flowers. Instead it's snoooowing - nooooo.... :snowman: my Rose is getting married tomorrow and I really, really, really need it to be nice. The groom's grandparents are now snowed in on the other side of the mountains and can't come :shock: Supposed to be clear tomorrow, by golly it better be. :cold:

Linaewen
Site Admin

Re: How's your Weather?

Post by Linaewen » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:47 pm

Primula wrote:It's March - over here that usually means rain and early flowers. Instead it's snoooowing - nooooo.... :snowman: my Rose is getting married tomorrow and I really, really, really need it to be nice. The groom's grandparents are now snowed in on the other side of the mountains and can't come :shock: Supposed to be clear tomorrow, by golly it better be. :cold:
Hope the wedding went off without any weather problems!

Snow is all melted in Chicago, but 2 hours north where my son lives, there is still at least a foot on the ground -- though that may not be for long, as it is raining today...
"Have you ever been called Home by the clear ringing of silver trumpets?...One day, our paths will lead us there." -- Boromir, Lord of Gondor

Primula

Re: How's your Weather?

Post by Primula » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:29 pm

We ended up with a lot of leftovers and empty chairs because most of his relatives that were going to come were on the wrong side of the mountains - but otherwise it went beautifully! One of those days where it starts off threatening snow but suddenly it's poofy clouds and even a bit of sunshine instead. :sun:

I am now in a pile of wedding-jumble trying to sort all the aftermath out. :lol: Poor Rose, she hoped for some daffodils for the event but none of them have opened up yet, it's been too cold this round.

Strange Elf

Congratulations!

Post by Strange Elf » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:11 am

Congratulations on becoming a Mother-in-law.

I hope Rose has a long and happy marriage and you get the joy of being a grandparent in the future (if you're not already)
There was also a Strange Elf clad in green and brown, Legolas,..... (FOTR, The council of Elrond)