TEXAS MOOT 2010 - After Action Report

Upcoming events, announcements and moots,
Share your travels and picture links here.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

daughter_of_kings

TEXAS MOOT 2010 - After Action Report

Post by daughter_of_kings » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:45 am

Put in your vacation requests and pack your bags! :car:

TEXAS MOOT 2010 will be held August 20-22, in the Main House at The Country Getaway at the corner of No and Where between College Station and Huntsville. I am planning to reserve the Loft as well, in hopes that more than 6 of us actually show up. If it's a really big crowd, then we can overflow into rooms at The Morning Star Ranch just down the road... but I need a rough headcount fairly soon.

(DocG, I know that's not one of your preferred weekends, and I'm sorry, but there are home football games on both of those dates, and there is no room at the inn (any inn... for miles) when the Aggies are playing. :no:
Last edited by daughter_of_kings on Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence... water your grass.

lindorie
Location: north central Texas, but my heart is in Minas Tirith

Re: TEXAS MOOT 2010!

Post by lindorie » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:01 am

We would like to go, but won't be able to commit until we see what the employment situations are.

Icarus

Post by Icarus » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:49 pm

Hey! Everyone who's travelling to Washington DC for the August 28th rally can just start out a week early! :-D

Looks like fun! I hope you get a great turnout.
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." – Thomas Jefferson

daughter_of_kings

Post by daughter_of_kings » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:34 am

Lind, you and Doug are in my thoughts and prayers, and I hope that things work out so that you'll be able to join us.

Icarus, it would be a great turnout if you, Rosie and the kids would come on down. I'm sure Prim would be happy to stuff y'all in her suitcase. :D
If the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence... water your grass.

AnnaEstel

Post by AnnaEstel » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:58 am

You know me and the kids are in!! I'll talk to Mom, and I think she may have a friend that would like to tag, if that's OK?
Galador khiluva mornie. Estel na illuve!

Ashlyn

Post by Ashlyn » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:29 pm

I'm in!!
He wore a tall pointed blue hat, a long grey cloak, and a silver scarf. He had a long white beard and bushy eyebrows that stuck out beyond the brim of his hat.

daughter_of_kings

Post by daughter_of_kings » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:22 pm

AE, only if you bring Tookfullofit, too. :wink: On a serious note, do you want to just take the Loft for your clan?

Ashlyn, how many of the other east-coast Ringers can you fit in your suitcase? :D

Fíriel

Post by Fíriel » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:41 pm

I'm in! :D
"Gondor! Gondor, between the mountains and the sea!
West Wind blew there; the light upon the Silver Tree...."

Ashlyn

Post by Ashlyn » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:58 pm

daughter_of_kings wrote:Ashlyn, how many of the other east-coast Ringers can you fit in your suitcase? :D
If you can find any that want a ride, and that can meet up with me ... ... ... well, my Jeep can hold 4 (well, 5 if the 3 in the back seat don't mind sitting close)! I don't know of any in my immediate area, but if anyone lives near North Georgia, hollar!!
He wore a tall pointed blue hat, a long grey cloak, and a silver scarf. He had a long white beard and bushy eyebrows that stuck out beyond the brim of his hat.

AnnaEstel

Post by AnnaEstel » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:44 pm

What are the sleeping arrangements for the Loft? That may not be a bad idea. Can't speak for Tookfullofit yet, but I'll hit him up this week and see.

daughter_of_kings

Post by daughter_of_kings » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:37 pm

AnnaEstel wrote:What are the sleeping arrangements for the Loft?
Bunk beds, as I recall. Click on the link above and go to Rooms for a description.

AnnaEstel

Post by AnnaEstel » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:49 pm

Hmmm, I'll have to get answers from my peeps asap, cause if they all jump we'll fill the loft easy!

AnnaEstel

Post by AnnaEstel » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:51 am

'K, my clan is in, and we will fill the loft. Mom and her friend Bonnie, myself and the girls, Tookfullofit is in (for now), and maybe, maybe, my niece!!

Do you need me to call and reserve it myself, or do you already have it set aside?

daughter_of_kings

Post by daughter_of_kings » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:42 pm

I have reservations... but we're doing it anyway. :wink:

Seriously, the couple who run the Country Getaway are the same folks that have the grazing lease on our property, so I've got it covered.

GondorsQueen

Post by GondorsQueen » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:56 pm

Icarus wrote:Hey! Everyone who's travelling to Washington DC for the August 28th rally can just start out a week early! :-D

Looks like fun! I hope you get a great turnout.

What rally???