It must be time to start thinking about TT at Radio City...

Upcoming events, announcements and moots,
Share your travels and picture links here.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

Overlithe64

It must be time to start thinking about TT at Radio City...

Post by Overlithe64 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:22 pm

I've requested the weekend off but have not bought tickets yet...but I fully intend on going.

Hotel note, I stayed in the Ringer hotel last year with Lith and Tam...but the holiday Inn off of time square had very reasonable rates when I stayed there in April 2010...I'm going to be looking at staying there as I get points for using holiday inn.

I don't think it is EVER too early to start planning...lol.
I've got my Map...now I just need TOR.n to start planning some stuff.
but I am thinking I may like to go to the first night this year rather than Saturday...It seems we missed some special guests (cough Elijah and Billy) last year....

Ringer dream to be in the same theater with some of the cast and see the film.

So start thinking about it.
At the last moment he turned back, it was Frodo the darkness and pain were gone...
His healing had begun.

GondorsQueen

Re: It must be time to start thinking about TT at Radio City

Post by GondorsQueen » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:35 pm

Since I missed last year I marked in my calendar to check into getting tickets for this year ... however since I'll be doing chemo and don't know what my schedule will be and how I'll feel, I'll have to postpone planning anything for the near future at this moment.

Keep us posted though and I'm surely hoping I can attend.

Overlithe64

Post by Overlithe64 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:00 am

Praying that you will be well enough and that your schedule will allow...it truly is amazing how they do it. I can't wait for ROTK...so if you can't make this year there is always the next! That is sure to be a huge deal it'll be 10 years since the release of FOTR...one would hope that many would start feeling nostalgic fans and cast included.
At the last moment he turned back, it was Frodo the darkness and pain were gone...
His healing had begun.

Tamara

Post by Tamara » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:35 am

I'm trying to fit this one in my schedule again too, but like you, I haven't booked tickets yet.

Hoping the happenings are more centralized this year, since the subway/ cab rides all over the place were difficult w/o instructions.
---Tamara
Being a Steward of Harvard is almost as good as being Steward of Gondor, but I'm still headed for Minas Tirith (New Zealand) some day!

Overlithe64

Post by Overlithe64 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:50 pm

I agree and it may turn into only an overnighter for me...regardless of the rest of the schedule...but who knows there is still time. I'd rather hold back a bit this year in hopes that next year will be something special...since it will have been TEN years since Fellowship was released...

TEN years...where does the time go?
His healing had begun.

Overlithe64

Official tickets are now on Sale

Post by Overlithe64 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:56 pm

The TOR.n group seems to be leaning toward Saturday night...and perhaps a "moot" on Friday... Last year I went with that...and frankly I wish I had gone Friday...Opening night seems more "fanish" somehow...

Book signing and Q&A on Thursday at a Barnes and Noble with Howard Shore and Doug Adams.

http://www.theonering.net/

The radio city link is on the page as well....

Anyone here in?
His healing had begun.

Harthad

Re: Official tickets are now on Sale

Post by Harthad » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:10 am

Hey, guys, guess what?

I'm going to this on October 9th!!!!! Yay!

So I'm going on Saturday. . . . . it seems that you guys are leaning toward Friday. . . . . but is TOR.n going Saturday? Is anyone going Saturday? Are my questions sounding confusing? I'll check out the details at TOR.n.

But is anyone from here going Saturday?
"How do you pick up the threads of an old life. . . how do you go on, when in your heart, you begin to understand, there is no going back." ~ Frodo, TROTK
Click here to visit my site!

Tamara

Post by Tamara » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:35 pm

I think my friend Cathy is planning to go Friday and then tour the statue of liberty on Saturday, as repairs(?) will have it closed soon to tourists. If I can get there, I may do the same thing. I have never been to the statue of liberty, but want to go.
---Tamara

Any word on hotels yet? That is my big issue. I can fly out Fri afternoon from Boston, but need to figure out how many nights I can stay.
Being a Steward of Harvard is almost as good as being Steward of Gondor, but I'm still headed for Minas Tirith (New Zealand) some day!

Overlithe64

Post by Overlithe64 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:54 pm

I still have no idea if I can go...my one job is easy enough I just won't schedule myself to work on Thurs or Friday...the problem is my weekend job. They may make me take it with out pay or find my own coverage...problem is I'm a supervisor and there are few people that can cover for me....so its kinda wait and see and then hope that if I do get off that I can still get a ticket...But one thing for absolute sure I will be at the ROTK concert/screening next year...no way am I missing the opportunity to see that again on the big screen.
His healing had begun.

Overlithe64

Post by Overlithe64 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:56 pm

Oh and Tamara...if I go I was thinking about looking into the holiday Inn Express...it was fairly inexpensive by NYC standards very small but just above time Square....not sure if TOR.n has booked a block of rooms yet or not.
His healing had begun.

Tamara

Post by Tamara » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:31 am

Well, TORn was not able to get a hotel rate this year, so they suggested booking through NY comic Con- which has most of the available hotel space blocked off.
https://www.tphousing.com/r/startres.as ... ttCode=977

A TORn friend (Rosie-with-the-Ribbons) has a double booked at the Holiday Inn Midtown, but I think that is a different location from the express?!?! (So unfamiliar with NYC).

Anyone with keener geographical skills want to check it the link and let me know what seems like a decent locale? TORn appears not to be doing any activities on Sunday, so I think Friday and Saturday are the only ones to worry about.
---Tamara

Tamara

Post by Tamara » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:48 am

Ok, I'm set for Friday/Saturday.

Seeing "Fellowship, the Musical" on Friday night (10:30pm!)
Sightseeing at the Statue of Liberty Saturday, then the TTT at RCMH on Saturday night.

I think TORn is mooting Friday, before Fellowship, but not sure.

Still hoping we can find a roommate for 1-2 nights, so let me know if you are interested. With 2 people, it's ~$110/night, but with 4...so much more money for sightseeing with friends!
---Tamara

Harthad

Post by Harthad » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:02 am

My dad and I are going for one night only--but maybe we could, like, go out to eat somewhere afterwards? That would be nice. :-) What do you think? And Overlithe, are you going? if so, what night?
"How do you pick up the threads of an old life. . . how do you go on, when in your heart, you begin to understand, there is no going back." ~ Frodo, TROTK
Click here to visit my site!

Tamara

Post by Tamara » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:49 am

Harthad,
I'd love to grab some muchies together during the TORn moot Saturday night!
---Tamara

Overlithe64

Post by Overlithe64 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:52 am

This weekend is buy or forget it week. The Orcs I work for are counting my bereavement days for my father in laws passing as vacation and so stating that I am not entitled to my requested weekend off.

Trying to find someone to work for me at least Saturday, then I could go up to NY on Thursday for the signing and the concert on Friday...sightsee part of saturday then home for work for Sunday am.

There were still RCMH tickets available when I checked today...my issue will be the last minute room can't book if I don't know right?
His healing had begun.