The Top 10 List of Halloween Candy Best Not Given to LOTR...

Original Tolkien-based writings of all kinds.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

Dínelleth

The Top 10 List of Halloween Candy Best Not Given to LOTR...

Post by Dínelleth » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:11 pm

The Top 10 List of Halloween Candy Best Not Given to LOTR Characters

1. It would be best not to give hard candy Ring Suckers to Frodo since being the ring bearer for the One Ring is more than enough.

2. It would be best not to give Gummy Fish to Gollum since they are not raw.

3. It would be best not to give Bubble Gum to Gimli, Gandalf, and Saruman due to their abundance of facial hair.

4. It would be best not to give Pixie Styx to Legolas since he will prove with something pointy and equally stick wise that he is no pixie.

5. It would be best not to give Babe Ruth candy bars to Éowyn since she is no man.

6. It would be best not to give Payday candy bars to Grima since they could raise false hopes of success in him.

7. It would be best not to give Licorice Whips to the Balrog since they will melt thus angering him further.

8. It would be best not to give marshmallow Halloween Peeps to Treebeard since the quick dissolving nature of the candy would prove to be too hasty for him.

9. It would be best not to give Chocolate Kisses to Sam since they could embarrass the shy around Rosie gardener.

10. It would be best not to give hard candy Root beer Barrels to Pippin since he is only interested in pints.

Harthad

Re: The Top 10 List of Halloween Candy Best Not Given to LOT

Post by Harthad » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:01 pm

Heh, witty. :D Love it!

Yet you're not writing The Dingle Ball incident. . . . .
"How do you pick up the threads of an old life. . . how do you go on, when in your heart, you begin to understand, there is no going back." ~ Frodo, TROTK
Click here to visit my site!

Primula

Post by Primula » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:43 pm

I get a toothache just reading this! :grin: Well done!

DoctorGamgee

Post by DoctorGamgee » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:19 am

I love it, though I would have avoided giving the rootbeer barrels to Bilbo, because he would have ridden them! Excellent. Thanks for the laughter!
Proud father of G-minor and the Bean!

Dínelleth

Post by Dínelleth » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:17 pm

Harthad ~ We (meaning my Muse and I) had to interrupt work on the Dingle Ball Incident in order to provide this Halloween moment in a timely fashion. Work on said Dingle will resume.

Prim ~ I actually have a dentist appointment on Monday. *gives you a toothbrush, toothpaste, and dental floss to help combat the high sugar content*

DrG. ~ I never even thought about Bilbo! *pins a :star: on you for the excellent suggestion*

Harthad

Post by Harthad » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:01 pm

Dínelleth wrote:Harthad ~ We (meaning my Muse and I) had to interrupt work on the Dingle Ball Incident in order to provide this Halloween moment in a timely fashion. Work on said Dingle will resume.
:D I love this. It's cute. :) I didn't mean to be rude, if you took it as that. :D
"How do you pick up the threads of an old life. . . how do you go on, when in your heart, you begin to understand, there is no going back." ~ Frodo, TROTK
Click here to visit my site!

Dínelleth

Post by Dínelleth » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:44 pm

Harthad wrote:
Dínelleth wrote:Harthad ~ We (meaning my Muse and I) had to interrupt work on the Dingle Ball Incident in order to provide this Halloween moment in a timely fashion. Work on said Dingle will resume.
:D I love this. It's cute. :) I didn't mean to be rude, if you took it as that. :D
I knew you were not being rude. I was just teasing you back. :wink:

JimboBaggins

Post by JimboBaggins » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:02 pm

You wouldn't want to give a Look candy bars to Denethor or Saruman as they would try to See into it.

You wouldn't want to give a Big Hunk to Aragorn, for obvious reasons.

You wouldn't want to give a Snickers to Merry as he already laughs all the time.

HA! :lol:

Very funny!
"But I wish Bilbo could have seen Treebeard: how we shall manage to describe him to the old hobbit, if ever we get back, I can't think."

Dínelleth

Post by Dínelleth » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:16 pm

Well done Jimbo! :lol: :clap: