Tinidril's Art

Inspiration in any form.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

tinidril

Tinidril's Art

Post by tinidril » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:36 pm

Apparently I never posted any links to any of my art here...
You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to. ~Bilbo
I'm on Facebook ~ The-tinidril on deviantART.com

daughter_of_kings

Tinidril's Art

Post by daughter_of_kings » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:42 pm

You have some really beautiful stuff in there, Tinidril. I especially like your jewelry... your Bronzed Beauty is just gorgeous. I like your sketch of Aragorn on p.2 of your LOTR art, and I was sad to read that you abandoned it... and then I saw it painted on p.3. You said "too many mistakes", but my uneducated eye can't see them, so I like it. Thanks for sharing these.
If the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence... water your grass.

Sylvania

Re: Tinidril's Art

Post by Sylvania » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:00 pm

Oh my goodness - what talent!!!! I especially admired the LOTR art and as for the jewlery ................. exquisite. Is this your profession? Do you make pieces to sell or to order? Thank you so much for allowing us to view your collection!
CXXXEP

tinidril

Post by tinidril » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:02 pm

Sylvania wrote:Oh my goodness - what talent!!!! I especially admired the LOTR art and as for the jewlery ................. exquisite. Is this your profession? Do you make pieces to sell or to order? Thank you so much for allowing us to view your collection!
:blush: Thank you Sylvania.

My profession? Hmmm, well not exactly. I am a former preschool teacher and currently an "urban missionary". I lead worship with voice and guitar, and I facilitate an art table as another expression of worship. Sometimes this includes art instruction, too. Mostly I'm an encourager to those who are a little timid about doing art (both children and adults). The congregation is comprised of mostly the poor, homeless, and mentally ill.

Some of the jewelry pieces on that page have sold, but I really don't have a venue for selling anymore, besides, I do not produce much... what you see is about it, though I have many parts and unfinished pieces which have been languishing for a couple of years.

Currently my pastime of choice is felting. I create felt out of acrylic yarn and embellish it with embroidery and beading. I'm always into some new form of creating, heh.
You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to. ~Bilbo

Ringwraith-Wife

Post by Ringwraith-Wife » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:17 am

Wow! I can't say enough about the body of work that you have shown here. I was really taken by an older sketch that you did of Eowyn... you captured the longing in her eyes perfectly. I also love your polymer jewelry pieces, and I've never seen the 'painting on polymer' technique that you used for the LOTR portraits. ( I'm going to try that myself, thank you. ) Really lovely work. :yes:

tinidril

Post by tinidril » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:47 pm

Thank you RWW!

The painting on translucent polymer is something I thought of, and as far as I know is not used by anyone else. It can be painted on by oils or acrylic, but what I used was a heat-set "oil" paint made with a polymer base. It's called Genesis Oils and one of the places I've found that sells them is online at Polymer Clay Express. Jerry's Artarama prices vary by color, some cost a little more, some a little less than at PCE, but as far as I know, PCE is the only place to order the Sample-Pack which gives you a wide range of colors to try out, then if you like the results you'll know which colors you actually need for what you do. I got the sample pack to start with and chose the colors I needed more of (like any other painting medium that means lots of white, colorless medium/thinner, and basics like burnt umber, yellow ochre, red, yellow, blue, and black) This method of creating your own "canvas" is limited in size according to your oven.

Sylvania

Post by Sylvania » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:52 am

tinidril wrote: My profession? Hmmm, well not exactly. I am a former preschool teacher and currently an "urban missionary". I lead worship with voice and guitar, and I facilitate an art table as another expression of worship. Sometimes this includes art instruction, too. Mostly I'm an encourager to those who are a little timid about doing art (both children and adults). The congregation is comprised of mostly the poor, homeless, and mentally ill.

This a wonderful thing you do Tindril - I salute you. :salute:
CXXXEP

frodosmiss

Post by frodosmiss » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:00 pm

Beautiful artwork, tinidril! Inspired and inspiring, my dear!! One can see your heart in all you do~
..the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

Silivren Ithildin
Location: in Rivendell under a waterfall, also known as Mid-MO

Post by Silivren Ithildin » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:05 pm

I must agree, your Bronzed Beauty is exceptional!!!!
And Aragorn gave it a new name and called it Anduril, Flame of the West. FOTR

"Utúlie'n aurë! Auta i lómë!"
The Children of Húrin

tinidril

Post by tinidril » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:20 am

Here is the latest painting, "Leaf"
Last edited by tinidril on Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

frodosmiss

Post by frodosmiss » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:34 pm

It would look lovely on my basement wall with my red furniture.....
..the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

LotR Freak

Post by LotR Freak » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:52 pm

Those are great Tinidril!

daughter_of_kings

Post by daughter_of_kings » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:57 pm

That is a beautiful "Leaf".
If the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence... water your grass.

Primula

Post by Primula » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:14 pm

I like your touch in the detailing, the 'bark' like texturing in the upper background as well as the balance to the subtle blends throughout. Nicely done!

tinidril

Post by tinidril » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:06 pm

Thank you all! I have added 3 new paintings to my Art as Worship album on FaceBook