Eraser's Revenge

Non-canon tales & verse plus other friendly writings.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

Harthad

Eraser's Revenge

Post by Harthad » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:11 pm

. . .Being a comedic play about a girl named Rachel, The Phantom of the Opera, Oliver, several policemen and an eraser who wants revenge.

Scene 1

(A neat desk and chair are on center stage. RACHEL is sitting in the swivel chair, doing her homework. She sighs and swivels the chair around to face audience.)

RACHEL- I just don't get why we have to write this essay about play and musicals and how they relate to the world around us. What's the point? Do Oliver and The Phantom of the Opera really have something in common? If the setting was, like, a 100 years ago, how do they relate to society today? This is the most boring assignment EVER.

(RACHEL swivels the chair back around to face her desk and keeps writing)

ERASER- Rachel could not think of a single word to write. She was stumped. But what she did not know was that future events could change her essay forever.

BOB- Are you trying to foreshadow again, sir?

ERASER- Shh.

(Sirens suddenly sound. Footsteps and the sound of a window breaking are heard. Singing is heard off stage, and it gets louder as PHANTOM comes nearer to stage)

PHANTOM- (sings) I am your angel of music. . . .come to your angel of music. . . . .I am your angel of music. . .come to your angel of music!

(RACHEL gets up from her chair and stands up, holding her pencil)

RACHEL- Who are you? Why are you in my house? I'll call the cops.

PHANTOM- (sings) I am your angel of music. . .come to your angel of music. . . I am your angel of music. . . come to your angel of music. . . !

(RACHEL starts walking toward stage right.)

RACHEL- Get out of my house. You're a horrible singer. I'll call the cops.

ERASER- As Rachel neared the Phantom, she could only hear his horrible cacophony of singing and had no idea what she was getting into.

BOB- Sir, the foreshadowing is very overused.

ERASER- Be quiet!

(RACHEL goes offstage right still holding the pencil.)
"How do you pick up the threads of an old life. . . how do you go on, when in your heart, you begin to understand, there is no going back." ~ Frodo, TROTK
Click here to visit my site!

Harthad

Re: Eraser's Revenge

Post by Harthad » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:12 pm

Scene 2

(A few market stands are on stage. One sells books, another newspapers and another pens/pencils. Busy people are rushing around stage. They periodically stop at the stands and buy stuff. Some police men are onstage.)

(RACHEL walks onstage.)

RACHEL- Whoa! Where am I?

(PLAY POLICE rush over to RACHEL)

JOE- Your play I.D., dude.

RACHEL- What? Did you just call me 'dude'? What's a play I.D.?

(PHANTOM rushes over)

PHANTOM- She's with me. (takes out play I.D. and shows it to cops)

JOE BOB- Phantom of the Opera, dude? Cool, dude. (JOE BOB and JOE walk offstage.)

RACHEL- What was that all about? Did they say you're the Phantom of the Opera? The one who has a messed-up face, wears a mask to hide it and killed people in an opera house in France?

PHANTOM- Yes, I am the Phantom of the Opera! Those were the Play Police. They police our plays.

RACHEL- That's a little obvious.

PHANTOM- You must help us! They are taking over our plays. . .erasing them. . .

RACHEL- What do you mean? Why should I help you?

PHANTOM- The Play Police wreak havoc for the characters and invent dark plot twists. It's not the author's fault when something bad happens to us.

RACHEL- Okay, this is starting to make sense. But I still don't see any reason why I should help you. I have to finish my dumb English essay.

PHANTOM- Help us defeat the Play Police! Help us regain our play's freedom! Help us--

RACHEL- Okay, I get it. (To audience) At least this is better than writing my essay.

PHANTOM- We must go. Those Play Police will get suspicious!

(RACHEL and PHANTOM run offstage right)
"How do you pick up the threads of an old life. . . how do you go on, when in your heart, you begin to understand, there is no going back." ~ Frodo, TROTK

Harthad

Post by Harthad » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:13 pm

Scene 3

ERASER- Argh! Why did those two have to mess everything up? I was just getting ready to--

(OLIVER runs onstage left, being chased by JOE and JOE BOB.)

ERASER- Oh yes. Now the play is truly starting. (laughs evilly)

JOE - Give us the play, dude! Give us the play!

(RACHEL and PHANTOM silently sneak onstage. They crouch behind some boxes near where they came on. They are arguing about whether or not to help OLIVER while JOE and JOE BOB keep talking. RACHEL suddenly stands up, takes off her shoe and throws it at JOE. He falls down.)

RACHEL- Ha! Feel the power of my shoe!

(JOE BOB runs off in fright, leaving OLIVER where he is standing. RACHEL and PHANTOM rush to him.)

RACHEL- Are you alright? I'm Rachel.

OLIVER- I'm fine, thanks to you. I'm Oliver. From Oliver. (To PHANTOM) And who are you?

PHANTOM- I am the Phantom of the Opera! We are on our way to defeat the Play Police and prevent them from doing any more harm.

OLIVER- Oh, good. It's nice that someone's finally doing something about them. Can I join you?

RACHEL- Yes! Um, I mean, yeah, that would be great.

PHANTOM- We must be off!

(RACHEL, OLIVER and PHANTOM run offstage right.)

Harthad

Post by Harthad » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:14 pm

Scene 4

(BOB comes onstage from right.)

BOB- Having those three around does complicate things a bit, dude. But, dude, you can't have total play domination without some forces to crush. Really, dude, what's the point of conquering if there isn't anyone to conquer? And--

(cellphone rings)

BOB- Oh, excuse me, dudes.

(BOB takes a cellphone out of his pocket and answers it.)

BOB- Hello? Oh, hello sir. Yes, I was just going to—what do you mean they've crossed the troll bridge and are now on the Yellow Brick Road?! Well, that is amazing. Yes, I will get back to work. Goodbye. (To audience) I'm sorry dudes, but I really must go. Hopefully--

ERASER- Bob, please report to the Police Headquarters. NOW!

BOB -Oh, that's me, dudes. Gotta go, dudes. Bye, dudes!

(BOB runs offstage left)

Harthad

Post by Harthad » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:14 pm

Scene 5

(Police Headquarters. Policemen are lounging around, talking and using the computers. BOB runs on frantically, looking over his shoulder. All Play Police cheer as he comes onstage. They start asking him questions.)

JOE – Bob, dude, is the Eraser far behind you?

BOB- Yeah, I left him in Oz, Joe, dude.

(All Play Police cheer)

JOE BOB -Did one of you dudes bring the MP3 player? Bob Joe, didn't you have it, dude?

BOB JOE -Yeah, it's right here, dude! (He pulls a MP3 player out of his pocket. They hook it up to a stereo and random music starts blasting out)

BOB -Dude, the Eraser will never know that we stole it from his office!

JOE -Yeah, dude, he'll never guess that we've been taking the songs from musicals and downloading them on our MP3 player when we're supposed to be erasing them!

JOE BOB -I don't know dudes. . .the Eraser knows everything. . .

BOB JOE -Aw, come on, Joe Bob, dude! Dude, relax and have fun!

All except JOE BOB -Yeah dude!!!

(All start dancing to the music)

JOE BOB- Yeah, dude!

BOB JOE- Woo-hoo, dudes!

BOB- Dude, this is so rockin'!

JOE- Totally, dude!

(All Policemen proceed to dance offstage with shouts of “Dude!”)

Harthad

Post by Harthad » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:15 pm

Scene 6

(PHANTOM, RACHEL and OLIVER are walking along the Yellow Brick Road. Trees dot the sides of the road.)

RACHEL- Oliver, you were saying that if we're fast enough, the we'll reach the Police's Headquarters in three days?

OLIVER- That's right. Hey, can I borrow your cellphone? I need to make a phone call to my friend.

RACHEL- Of course. (takes out cell phone and gives it to OLIVER. OLIVER walks offstage right.)

PHANTOM -Don't you think it's odd that Oliver has to make a phone call?

RACHEL- Oh, Phantom, you've been bothering me about Oliver ever since he came. Relax a bit.

PHANTOM -Easy for you to say. You didn't try to become someone's wife and then have someone else murder a guy to scare you away from the person you were going to marry and then try to get revenge by--

RACHEL- Okay, I get it. I didn't do any of those things. And it's partly because I'm a girl. But those times are gone. Please, relax. There aren't murderers at every turn.

(RACHEL and PHANTOM reach a turn in the road. A MURDERER jumps out from behind a tree wielding a weapon.

MURDERER- ARGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(RACHEL screams as the MURDERER starts trying to attack her. PHANTOM jumps in and starts fighting the MURDERER off. Finally, the MURDERER runs away offstage left.

RACHEL (breathing hard)-Okay, maybe there ARE murderers at every turn.

(OLIVER runs onstage from right. He hands RACHEL her cellphone.)

OLIVER- What's up with you guys? You look like you've seen a murderer.

RACHEL- As a matter of fact, we just did.

PHANTOM -No thanks to you. We were just attacked by a murderer while you were off with your cellphone calling who-knows-what! You might be calling one of the Play Police for all we know! You might be a traitor!

RACHEL- Phantom, stop!

OLIVER (ignoring RACHEL)- Me?! You're calling ME a traitor? Who was being chased by those Play Police guys, huh? I was! And who killed people in an opera house in France? YOU! You're the Phantom of the Opera, the worst villain in the history of plays! Why wouldn't you betray Rachel and me?

PHANTOM - I've changed! I'm the one who dragged Rachel into this mess, and I'm the one who'll get her out of it!

RACHEL- STOP FIGHTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(PHANTOM and OLIVER turn to look at her.)

OLIVER- Wow. I never knew you could yell so loudly.

RACHEL- Thank you. Please, no one here is a traitor. We're almost to the headquarters. We can't fight, not when we're so close. Just—survive until we get there, and then we can figure out what to do. Let's keep going. Follow the Yellow Brick Road.

(RACHEL walks offstage, leaving the two behind.)

PHANTOM (to OLIVER) – Well, what are you waiting for? Go on.

(OLIVER gives PHANTOM a nasty look.)

OLIVER- This isn't over, Phantom.

(OLIVER and PHANTOM start to walk offstage. PHANTOM sighs.)

PHANTOM - Never doubted it.

(OLIVER and PHANTOM walk offstage. End of scene.)

Harthad

Post by Harthad » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:16 pm

Scene 7

(RACHEL and OLIVER are sitting on the side of the Yellow Brick Road. They're holding hands and talking and laughing together.)

RACHEL- And then Paul was like, “What flavor is that?” And then I replied, “It's blood. Blood-flavored ice-cream. And then he went, “Oh my gosh! You're a vampire! You shouldn't be out on the beach, in the sun!”

(OLIVER and RACHEL laugh)

OLIVER- You seem like you have a lot of friends out in your world, Rachel.

RACHEL (sighs)-Yeah, I guess. I hope I'll see them again after we give all the plays back to the people.
OLIVER- You'll see them again, Rachel. And, well, if not. . .you'll have me, right?

(RACHEL laughs)

RACHEL- Yes, Oliver. I'll have you.

(OLIVER stands up, looking anxious.)

OLIVER- Rachel, there's something I want to tell you. That I have to tell you. But--

(RACHEL stands up to be by him.)

RACHEL- What is it? Don't be afraid of telling me, Oliver.

OLIVER- I love you!

RACHEL- Excuse me?

OLIVER- There. I said it. I'm in love with you, Rachel. And I know that, well, that you'll probably think I'm out of my mind and that I'm crazy and that--

RACHEL- Oliver! I don't think you're crazy. You are perfectly sane. And. . .I love you too.

OLIVER- Really?

RACHEL- Yes.

OLIVER- OMG!! I mean--

RACHEL- It's fine.

OLIVER- And what about Phantom? What is he to you?

RACHEL- Nothing. He's nothing. I mean, try to be best friends with a murderer with a horrible messed-up face which is hidden under a mask. It's pretty hard.

(OLIVER laughs)

OLIVER- And he always rants about how I'm not to be trusted.

RACHEL (sigh)-Yeah, that too.

OLIVER- Thank you, Rachel.

RACHEL (surprised) For what?

OLIVER- Oh, just being you.

(RANDOM PERSON walks onstage.)

RANDOM PERSON (chanting) - Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!

RACHEL- Oh, be quiet.

(OLIVER and RACHEL hug and walk offstage, hand in hand.)

Harthad

Post by Harthad » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:17 pm

Scene 8

(Nighttime at the Play Police Headquarters. Several Play Police are walking around stage, talking to one another. RACHEL, PHANTOM and OLIVER sneak onstage and hide behind some boxes near the right. BOB suddenly runs onstage, agitated.)

BOB- He's here, dude!

JOE- Who, the Phantom of the Opera, dude?

(RACHEL, OLIVER and PHANTOM hold their breaths, scared of what might come next)

BOB- No, dude!

(RACHEL, OLIVER and PHANTOM breathe a collective sigh of relief)

BOB- No, not him, dude. The Eraser, dude! He's coming, dudes!

(All Play Police scramble to get in a straight line facing the left side of the stage. As the Eraser walks on, they raise their hands in salute and say, “Sir!”)

ERASER (in a bored tone of voice)- Yes, yes, very nice. What plays have been erased?

(JOE BOB runs over to a computer and starts typing)

JOE BOB- The Wiz, A Midsummer's Night Dream and Wicked, dude.

ERASER- Did you just call me 'dude'?

JOE BOB- No, du—I mean, sir.

BOB JOE- Sir, what about the three outlaws? Rachel, Phantom and Oliver?

(RACHEL, PHANTOM and OLIVER mouth the words “We're OUTLAWS?!?!?”)

ERASER- Don't worry about them, Bob Joe. We can take care of them, because they're right here in this room.

(RACHEL, PHANTOM and OLIVER jump up from behind the boxes and face the assembled people.)

PHANTOM - We're here to stop you!

ERASER- Of course you are. All outlaws come to do that. To succeed or not to succeed, I think is the question.

RACHEL- Spare us the Shakespeare. What have you done with my friend's plays?

ERASER- Deleted them. Erased them. Removed them from existence.

RACHEL- You can bring them back! Give them back their life stories, and their freedom! You've trapped all of them inside this world, making them try to contend with horrible scenes written into their plays. Look at Phantom! He was made a villain just because he wanted some person to be his wife! And Oliver! He's an orphan because of your meddling! Their lives are miserable because of you, Eraser, and your Play Police! Can't you see what you've done?

ERASER (very bored) - Very good speech, Rachel. Write it into your essay, if you ever have a chance to. Bob! Joe! Bring them outside and lock the doors. That way they can't come in here again.

(BOB and JOE flank OLIVER, PHANTOM and RACHEL and bring them to the left of the stage where BOB motions for them to crouch down.)

BOB- Dudes, we're going to help you get the plays back.

JOE- Yeah, we don't like the Eraser as much as you do, dudes. And, we secretly downloaded the songs from every single play and musical onto an MP3 Player, dudes. So we don't want to get caught, dudes.

RACHEL- You're going to help us?

JOE and BOB-Yeah, dudes.

OLIVER- I don't think so. (OLIVER raises voice) Eraser, sir! Bob and Joe are trying to help us escape and get the plays back!

RACHEL- Oliver! What are you doing?!

OLIVER- Sorry, Rachel. I've been working for Eraser all along.

PHANTOM (sings)- I knew it!

(all turn to look at PHANTOM)

PHANTOM- Well, I did.

RACHEL- (To OLIVER) Why are you doing this? We trusted you! I loved you! Don't you want your play back?

OLIVER- The Eraser said that I could have my play if I just help him take the other plays from other people.

RACHEL- And you think that's the answer? Taking plays from other people so you can have yours? You're-you're horrible, Oliver.

OLIVER- I'll take that as a compliment, Rachel. NOW GET OUT OF HERE!!!!

(RACHEL and PHANTOM jump in fear and hurriedly run offstage.)

ALL PLAY POLICE- See ya, dudes!

(All of the PLAY POLICE run after RACHEL and PHANTOM.)

OLIVER- Duhn Duhn Duhnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. (laughs evilly)

(After a moment, ERASER joins in with OLIVER. End of scene.)

Harthad

Post by Harthad » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:17 pm

Scene 9

(RACHEL, PHANTOM and all the PLAY POLICE are sitting on the ground, looking downhearted. RACHEL suddenly stands up and walks over to the front of the stage.)

RACHEL- This whole plan to give the plays back to the people failed. And now—and now—argh! I still have to finish my dumb English essay. What can we do?!

PHANTOM - Let's get some sleep, and think about it in the morning.

RACHEL- Sleep?! How can you even think about sleep?! Oliver betrayed me, I'm stuck with a bunch of police who can't say a sentence without adding the word 'dude' onto the end, and a singing, heartbroken madman with a horrible disfigured face who killed people in an opera house! In France!

(PHANTOM quietly gets up from the group and walks offstage right)

RACHEL- Wait, Phantom! I didn't mean that!

JOE BOB- You better go after him, dude.

BOB, JOE and BOB JOE- Yeah, dude.

(RACHEL runs offstage right, calling after Phantom)

Harthad

Post by Harthad » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:18 pm

Scene 10

(PHANTOM is standing upstage right. He holds his face in his hands.)

(RACHEL walks on slowly from left.)

RACHEL- Phantom? I didn't mean what I said.

(PHANTOM lifts a hand as if to block RACHEL)

PHANTOM (sings)- Pity comes too late! Turn around and face your fate! An eternity of this! before your eyes!

RACHEL- Phantom, quoting from your own play won't help. Please, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it.

PHANTOM - You would rather be with Oliver than with me! I'm nothing but an intruder in your precious love life with him.

RACHEL- Phantom, that time's past. Oliver—he betrayed us. Me. Any love I had for him is gone.

(PHANTOM turns to look at RACHEL.)

RACHEL- Yes, it's true. After what he did—no. I can never forgive him. He chose to work for the Eraser instead of being true to us.

PHANTOM- You said I was 'a murderer with a horrible messed-up face which is hidden under a mask'.

RACHEL- But you ARE a--

(PHANTOM glares at RACHEL)

RACHEL- Okay, okay. Bottom line is, I'm sorry for not trusting you as I should have. Now, you have a choice. You can put 100 years of distrust and hate aside and forgive me, or fall into the darkness again. Your choice.

(RACHEL runs offstage right)

PHANTOM -Rachel! Wait!

(PHANTOM runs offstage right, calling after RACHEL. End of scene.)

Harthad

Post by Harthad » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:21 pm

Scene 11

(Police Headquarters. OLIVER and ERASER are standing center-right stage, talking. PLAY POLICE, RACHEL and PHANTOM sneak onstage left. There is a big red button stage right.)

JOE- We still haven't figured out a diversion, dudes.

BOB JOE- What are we going to do, dudes?

RACHEL- I'm still trying to figure that out.

JOE BOB- Dudes, we could sing!

BOB- Yeah, dude!

PHANTOM (sings)- How does that sound, Rachel?

RACHEL- Do whatever you want. I'm going to go over to the computers and get the plays.

(RACHEL starts sneaking over to computers. OLIVER and ERASER don't notice her as they are still talking.)

JOE- Okay. 1, 2, 3!

JOE, BOB, BOB JOE, JOE BOB and PHANTOM (sings)- The hills are alive, with the sound of--

RACHEL (whispering)-No! Sing a longer song!

JOE-Dude, um. . .

BOB- I got it, dude!

JOE- 1, 2, 3!

BOB, JOE, JOE BOB, BOB JOE and PHANTOM (sings)- It's the ciiiiiircle of liiiiiiiiiiife, that--

RACHEL (whispering)-No, not that one either! Sing something from the beginning!

BOB JOE and JOE BOB- We've got it, dudes!

RACHEL (whispering)- Okay! Just—just distract them! Now!

(JOE, BOB, JOE BOB, BOB JOE and PHANTOM hurriedly run offstage left)

OLIVER- For some reason I'm hearing people singing. . .

( JOE, BOB, JOE BOB, BOB JOE start singing 'Alejandro' while PHANTOM follows reluctantly)

( JOE, BOB, JOE BOB, BOB JOE stop singing for the moment and look at PHANTOM)

JOE BOB- Dude, why aren't you singing?

PHANTOM- Make me sing a Lady Gaga song and you'll regret it, pal.

( JOE, BOB, JOE BOB, BOB JOE resume singing, PHANTOM still following them)

ERASER- I think you're right, Oliver. There are people singing over there!

OLIVER- We have to make them stop. I hate Lady Gaga songs.

(OLIVER and ERASER walk offstage left, not seeing JOE, BOB, JOE BOB, BOB JOE and PHANTOM running offstage right, even though they cross paths in the center of the stage. RACHEL stands up from looking at the computer and holds something up in her hand triumphantly.)

RACHEL- I got them! I got the plays!

ERASER- As Rachel yelled in victory, she had no idea that Eraser and Oliver were hearing her every word.

(OLIVER and ERASER walk onstage from left.)

OLIVER- You had no idea that we had hidden microphones in the Headquarters, did you?

RACHEL (groans)-I should have known.

ERASER- Give us the plays back, and I promise we'll return you safely to your home so you can finish your English essay.

OLIVER- No guarantee about the others being safe, though.

RACHEL- Oh, I can't do that, sorry. You see, I also printed out the records of your crimes.

ERASER- Those were supposed to be deleted by Joe, Bob, Joe Bob and Bob Joe!

RACHEL- Well, seeing as they stole an MP3 Player from your office and downloaded songs from all the musicals and plays in the world onto it, you should have guessed that they really wouldn't delete them, would they?

OLIVER- Rachel, just give us the papers you're holding and you'll be fine.

RACHEL- No.

OLIVER- I'm warning you, Rachel!

RACHEL- Oliver, just because I loved you before doesn't mean I'll go soft on you now.

(She raises her voice)

RACHEL- Joe! Bob! Joe Bob! Bob Joe! Phantom!

( JOE, BOB, JOE BOB, BOB JOE and PHANTOM walk onstage from right)

BOB- Aww, dude, we were just about to go into the the chorus of 'Alejandro' for the 20th time!

(PHANTOM mutters something under his breath)

BOB- Dude, what was that?

PHANTOM- Nothing.

ERASER- This is who you plan to take the plays with, Rachel? Monkeys would be better.

(ERASER and OLIVER start moving toward RACHEL, being threatening. She stays where she is and doesn't move or scream in fear.)

OLIVER- Why aren't you screaming in fear? This is when we come at you, looking all intimidating.

RACHEL (smugly)-Because you're standing on a trap door that leads to the prison cells.

(PHANTOM presses the bright red button on stage right.)

ERASER and OLIVER- WHAT?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Their cries fade away as they fall through the trap door.)

RACHEL- Joe? Bob? Bob Joe? Joe Bob? Phantom?

JOE, BOB, JOE BOB, BOB JOE and PHANTOM- Yeah, Rachel?

RACHEL- I'm ready to go home now.

Harthad

Post by Harthad » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:22 pm

Scene 12

(This scene is RACHEL'S classroom. STUDENTS are sitting in desks, RACHEL is standing center stage, facing the STUDENTS.)

RACHEL- When I came home, it seemed as if no time had passed. I still couldn't think of an idea for this essay I'm reading to you, but then the obvious answer struck me. I could write about the adventure I had! And so I did.

(STUDENTS clap)

PAUL- But what about Phantom, Joe, Joe Bob, Bob and Bob Joe?

RORY- Yeah! Where did they go?

RACHEL- You could say that they never left me. You might think that I made them up.

PAUL- Well, Rachel, it's obvious that you DID make them up.

RORY- Yeah, it's not like the Phantom of the Opera is going to come out from that closet, over there.

(PHANTOM steps out from the closet)

PHANTOM- Hello. I'm the Phantom of the Opera, and I'm inside Rachel's mind.

(JOE, BOB, JOE BOB and BOB JOE say “Dude” from offstage left)

RACHEL- Now do you believe me?

END OF PLAY