Two Black Arrows

Original Tolkien-based writings of all kinds.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

Dínelleth

Re: Two Black Arrows

Post by Dínelleth » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:10 pm

Two Black Arrows

Chapter 4 – More Disturbing Discoveries

It became clear to all present that caring for Frodo and Sam would be a lengthier process than Legolas’ after the numerous, scrapes, cuts, bruises, and burns covering the hobbits’ bodies saw the light of day during Aragorn’s initial check for such.

“On top of everything else you are also missing a finger!” the man exclaimed in surprise when he examined Frodo’s ring hand.

“Must have lost it the way,” Frodo explained sheepishly, which earned him an understanding look from Aragorn.

“You don’t have to talk about it until you are ready to. In the meantime, I will cleanse it and bind it close without stitches. That should be enough for it to heal properly.”

“Riders approaching from the northwest!” one of the sharp-eyed rangers suddenly shouted out from his place on the higher ground bordering the east side of the road. “They carry the banner of Lothlórien!” he added seconds later.

“Must be a messenger from the Lady,” Aragorn said to everyone while he stood up. What he did not say was how this intensified his earlier uneasiness over the implied alliance.

Nor did it help any when more carrion crows flew overhead their cawing now sounding as if they were taking delight in the situation.

As it turned out the messenger was not one of the skilled delivers of such missives but none other than Lord Celeborn himself along with twenty of his Galadhrim, and a male elf whose physical twin-ness to Legolas caused the archer’s friends to do a double take from surprise.

“Are we too late?” Lord Celeborn demanded his attention the whole time on the unconscious elf while he quickly dismounted. Then he forcible grabbed Aragorn by the upper arm in order to get him to quit staring at the other elf and turn his attention to him. “Is Legolas still alive?”

“Yes he is but barely…” the man managed to stammer out.

“Quickly Adulas do what you need to do!” Lord Celeborn then urged which caused the twin elf to swiftly slip out of his saddle and over to the archer’s side where he knelt down. “Gimli son of Glóin stay your hand! Adulas is here to help not harm!” he added when the suddenly protective dwarf made a move for his axe.

As for the twin elf, he took no notice of that as he gently picked up one of Legolas’ limp hands in one of his. Instantly this simple touch brought the wounded elf back to consciousness and as his pain, filled gaze met the other’s caring one a brief flash of white light surrounded them both.

“I have heard of others seeing the blessing Light of the Eldar but I never gave them much credit since the stories surrounding the how and when of each incident usually had a drunken aspect to it,” Aragorn said in awe.

Then the two elves slowly smiled at one another like two people knowing something more than those around them do.

“After I tell you the reason behind the attempt on Legolas’ life we will wish it was only due to strong drink,” Lord Celeborn added while giving Gandalf a distraught look. “One of the missing blue wizards has returned to Middle Earth and now means to pick up where Saruman left off. His covert assassination attempt on Legolas was the first volley in this new fight and my Lady willingly helped him with it!”

If it was possible for silence to grow even quieter, it did just then as everyone but those with Lothlórien leader stared back at him in shock disbelief.

agape4rivendell

Post by agape4rivendell » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:48 am

Didn't realize I missed chapters. Just got an email notice, thankfully. Very glad you're continuing with this. This chapter is disturbing. I'm sure Legolas will live - Aragorn would not be pleased if he didn't. :grin:

However, the black arrows present a puzzle.
'There will be only one Steward in Gondor, so long as I am King. I will have you as my Steward, or I will have none." PlasticChevy - The Captain and the King

agape4rivendell

Post by agape4rivendell » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:55 am

Ah ha! The Hobbits return and awake. Loved the 'need' for sustenance. Aragorn's got a good head. Elrond taught him well. Simple food at first.

Love Gimli!
'There will be only one Steward in Gondor, so long as I am King. I will have you as my Steward, or I will have none." PlasticChevy - The Captain and the King

agape4rivendell

Post by agape4rivendell » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:58 am

Whoa! Hold on a minute. Lady Galadriel??? :eyepopping:

Dínelleth

Post by Dínelleth » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:21 pm

agape4rivendell wrote:Whoa! Hold on a minute. Lady Galadriel??? :eyepopping:
*gives Agape some oxygen*

I know this is a shock but I do have a good reason behind this. However, I can't say much more than that otherwise I will give the plot away.

daughter_of_kings

Post by daughter_of_kings » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:53 pm

Yay, a Blue Wizard! (I mean, Bad Wizard - shame on you!) If ever there were two characters just hanging out waiting for someone to write a story about them, it's those two.

Also, Yay, Leggy Lives! (Not that I expected it to go any other way.) :-)
If the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence... water your grass.

Tari

Post by Tari » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:58 pm

Ah! Two Legolas's, it doesn't get much better. :love:

However, the thought of another Sauruman is enough to give anyone the chills.
:cold:

Dínelleth

Post by Dínelleth » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:53 pm

@DoK - Darn! Here I thought I had kept Leggy's living a secret! :lol:

@Tari - After a while those around the two Legolas' will realize and probably regret with rolling eyes that what one elf doesn't think of, the other will. :wink:

Tari

Post by Tari » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:39 pm

That sounds like such fun. Can't wait for the next installment.