Royal Baby

On-topic discussion of other works and interests.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

yaralindi

Royal Baby

Post by yaralindi » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:58 pm

Just got the word that the Duchess of Cambridge is in labor.

Wishing her an easy birth and a heathly child.

To the Duke of Cambridge, congratulations and yes, the grin will eventually go away, but it comes back at surprising moments.
Purveyor of ancient songs

DoctorGamgee

Royal Baby

Post by DoctorGamgee » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:22 am

Wonder what the name will be.
Proud father of G-minor and the Bean!

yaralindi

Re: Royal Baby

Post by yaralindi » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:06 pm

I'm betting on Larry. That way when he becomes king he can be known as Larry King.

MiddleEarthMunchkin

Post by MiddleEarthMunchkin » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:40 pm

Larry King, lol.

Saw this elsewhere on the interwebz: "Dear William & Kate: If William is 100% royal and Princess Kate is 0% royal, will that make your son a half-blood prince?"

Hee hee. And when Prince Harry takes his nephew for an outing, we can say, "Oh, look, it's Harry and the half-blood prince."

daughter_of_kings

Post by daughter_of_kings » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:26 pm

MiddleEarthMunchkin wrote:Larry King, lol.

Saw this elsewhere on the interwebz: "Dear William & Kate: If William is 100% royal and Princess Kate is 0% royal, will that make your son a half-blood prince?"

Hee hee. And when Prince Harry takes his nephew for an outing, we can say, "Oh, look, it's Harry and the half-blood prince."
LOL! :rofl:
If the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence... water your grass.

yaralindi

Post by yaralindi » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:00 pm

Since he's going to be King George, does that mean we'll have to do that whole Revolutionary War all over again? Okay, who called for a Do Over?

Primula

Post by Primula » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:20 am

A bit belated to reply, I realize, but I found I was happy they stuck with a "good old family name" and didn't take the bait to go fad with it. At least he isn't named "Edward" either... (*sparkle sparkle*). Or "Sharkey" (remembering how my brother went through a phase where he wanted to have a son and name him Sharkey, he thought that would be cool).

Poor old George III, I remember reading up on some history and finding he really was one of the better Kings they'd had for a while, it appears he was mostly in an unfortunate time in history with a lot of things going wrong that he'd had little to do with the start of.

Strange Elf

Post by Strange Elf » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:21 am

Well if Charles and William live to be as old as The Queen, I don't think many of us here will see the day Prince George becomes King.
There was also a Strange Elf clad in green and brown, Legolas,..... (FOTR, The council of Elrond)

AnnaEstel

Post by AnnaEstel » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:59 am

I don't know why but that bit threw me, that I won't likely see this kid crowned. I think I was watching the news and a commentator said something like 'here is the child that in 60 years will be king'. And I was floored. Don't know why.
Galador khiluva mornie. Estel na illuve!