Hi peeps

Welcome to our new members! Come join the family.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

Lirien

Hi peeps

Post by Lirien » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:01 pm

I was part of the original fan club waaaay back when -- loved it -- got on to a bunch of other things and found my way here. :) How exciting that the community is thriving!

AnnaEstel

Re: Hi peeps

Post by AnnaEstel » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:31 pm

There's a few of us still around! Welcome!
Galador khiluva mornie. Estel na illuve!

Strange Elf

Post by Strange Elf » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:50 pm

Hello Lirien. I remember you.

Well, I'm not sure if the forum is thriving, so few of us post nowadays. Still, its like a home away from home for me, and I love to see people popping by or coming 'home'.

How has life been treating you?
There was also a Strange Elf clad in green and brown, Legolas,..... (FOTR, The council of Elrond)

Lirien

Post by Lirien » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:40 am

Well, maybe not exactly thriving, but certainly not dead. And that's a wonderful thing.

How nice that somebody remembers me :) I've had a couple of moves and various ups & downs. My most recent move happened about the time the U.S. economy tanked a few years ago so I'm still trying to find a permanent, living-wage job. It's been a long, strange trip.

Does Ladyhawk pop on here much? I need to heap thanks on her for preserving my Frodo story. I lost all of my original LOTR writing so the stuff she kept on ladyhawkhollow is the only copy I have.

I'm writing other things and hope to get something published at some point.

How are you guys???

Strange Elf

Post by Strange Elf » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:24 pm

Yes, she was on the other day. One of our few regulars.

Its her birthday next month, so be sure to join us in celebration.

I hope you find some permanent work soon and can truly settle.

I have a question mark by your birthday date, October 10th. Do I have it right?

My personal helath journey has its own thread, so I won't bore you with it here.

It really is good to see you back.
There was also a Strange Elf clad in green and brown, Legolas,..... (FOTR, The council of Elrond)

Lirien

Post by Lirien » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:20 pm

Aw, thanks. That's sweet. I do appreciate it.

Yeah, that's my b-day. Where does that show up?? The interwebz is scary sometimes! Where do I find b-days for people here?

It's kind of natural that many of us would get together again, isn't it? We may wander but we are not lost. Everybody comes back to the Shire eventually!

I never thought I'd see the day when The Hobbit actually made it to the big screen. I do think two movies would have been plenty, but with another director, these three would have been worse. IMHO.

Hope things improve for you or at the very least don't get any worse. It's good to see some familiar names. Sending hugs!

Strange Elf

Post by Strange Elf » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:08 pm

Your birthday was on the Scrapbook list, which I have. Now I'm doing better, I hope to keep up with birthdays this coming year.

I can't for the life of me get enthused over the new Hobbit movie. I wasn't impressed with the other two, and think that three hours of war will do my head in. I doubt I will go, unless my boys plead.

Ladyhawk Baggins

Post by Ladyhawk Baggins » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:37 pm

:hi: Lirien! Good to see you again. Yes, Ladyhawkhollow is around for a couple of more years. Don't know about after that. I haven't been able to work on the site since they changed the formatting, but I haven't been able to give it up either. So it sits quietly, waiting for anyone who wishes to visit. :-)
I will take it. I will take it. I will take the Ring to Mordor, though I do not know the way. ~ Frodo Baggins

DoctorGamgee

Post by DoctorGamgee » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:53 pm

Hi, Lirien! Glad the road brought you back! Perhaps I am wrong, but I think the board is more busy...it is just filled with lurkers. Glad to see you cloak!!!
Proud father of G-minor and the Bean!

Lirien

Post by Lirien » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:08 pm

Hi Ladyhawk! And Doctor G! Oh my goodness. This is making me feel old :-) Really good to see you guys.

Was just looking at a couple of the sites that sell LOTR jewelry -- man, I want that stuff all over again!

Hugs to everybody!

daughter_of_kings

Post by daughter_of_kings » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:37 pm

Hi Lirien,

I don't remember if we ever "met" before, so... it's very nice to meet you! Welcome back! :hi:
If the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence... water your grass.

Lirien

Post by Lirien » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:22 pm

Hello, dear. I don't remember either, LOL! But I like to make LOTR friends so thanks very much for the greeting :-)

Primula

Post by Primula » Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:00 pm

Hey there, Liriren - I remember you! :grin: I only manage to come by now and then at this point, but am very pleased to see you are whole and well, it's always nice to have "our" people pop in to the old home.
:grouphug:

Lirien

Post by Lirien » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:30 pm

Hey, Prim. Wow, I'm starting to feel old :-) But in a good way! What a run we had back in the beginning, eh? Yeah, it's good to be here.

Lithilien Quicksilver

Post by Lithilien Quicksilver » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:28 pm

I get by here less than almost everyone, but wanted to pop in and say hello today. This is still my best loved spot on the web, and I am so glad it still exists.

I'll try to update all on my life these past few years soon... neck is out right now, and I've recently had two surgeries. :?
White shores are calling... You and I will meet again.