We are Up and Running again! - Need New Owner!

Items of Importance from the other forums.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

Primula

We are Up and Running again! - Need New Owner!

Post by Primula » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:23 pm

:star:UPDATE: Due to the generosity of FredO (may the hair on his toes never fall out!) AND of Daisy Gold, we are up for three years! Put another log on the fire, folks, we aren't goin' anywhere any time soon.

:owl: (OLD notice - we now get to disregard this!) Just a note to anyone who still comes by - I've received the notice that lotrfanmb will end this December 26th. I wanted to let everyone know the date of our 'sunset' here. It's been an amazing era in our lives but I guess all things do eventually have their turn to get aboard the ship and head out over the waters.

If anyone wants to keep it afloat here a little longer, it would be $10 a year. :twocents:

The Scrapbook will expire in February, I will keep it archived offline should anyone need anything from it I will be happy to email them content on request. It would be a massive job to update it, though it could go to anyone who is so inclined should they like to do so.

Bless each and every one of you!

:grouphug:
:car:
Last edited by Primula on Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:47 am, edited 5 times in total.

Strange Elf

Sunset for this forum December 26

Post by Strange Elf » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:22 pm

Oh my goodness! This is sad news. And yes, I still come here, often. I don't go to the new one. I just can't get the feel of it.

It really will be the end of an era. A special time in my life, as well as many here.

So sad!
:(
There was also a Strange Elf clad in green and brown, Legolas,..... (FOTR, The council of Elrond)

Primula

Post by Primula » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:00 am

:cheersL: It appears we are up for another round, drinks are on the house! :cheersR:

Maybe there's some life in the ol' place yet.
:tea:

Strange Elf

Post by Strange Elf » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:31 pm

Woo hooImage!

This is good news. This place is home, even though so many have flown the nest.
There was also a Strange Elf clad in green and brown, Legolas,..... (FOTR, The council of Elrond)

daisy gold

Re: Sunset for this forum December 26

Post by daisy gold » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:40 am

I was quite shocked when I read your first post Prim. I hate to see things come to an end esp our lovely home here.
Then joy...... we have another year. :-)

I do try both boards but much prefer here. So many friends and happy memories are here. I am just not ready to say goodbye.

I should like to contribute to the cost of keeping this home going. I can do paypal if you would send me the details please.

love to all
Daisy
He beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

Primula

Re: Sunset for this forum December 26

Post by Primula » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:46 am

Well, I don't know where my head was, but the three year renewal mentioned above only covered the domain.... the actual running cost of this site is back up for another year's round soon and it is $107.00 annually.

If anyone would like to take it on, I can work with you to change over the ownership info to you and to have it bill your credit card instead of mine.... I'm afraid otherwise I'm going to have to just let it go sailing away.... This would mean you would own that Lunarpages account, and when the domain comes back around for renewal in a couple years I would have that go to you as well. Would be best for someone with at least a little computer know-how, but it can be kept limping along without it still.