Not This Day - An Inkling Updated 03-28-10

Original Tolkien-based writings of all kinds.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

Tari

Re: Not This Day - Chapter 8 03-13-09

Post by Tari » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:26 pm

The poor elf. A sudden move forward by the wagon is just what he didn't need. In spite of his pain he senses evil near them. It must be pretty close if Frodo senses it too.

This should be very interesting.

Dínelleth

Re: Not This Day - Chapter 8 03-13-09

Post by Dínelleth » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:40 am

Thank you Tari for taking the time to review! :hug:

The evil will definitely be a bane to them all in one form or another. However, there is light at the end of the tunnel so to speak. :wink:

Dínelleth

Not This Day - Chapter 9 04-09-09

Post by Dínelleth » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:43 am

Not This Day – Chapter 9

“My friend I cannot in good conscious keep moving the Army forward. This stretch of road is too rough and your grass tick simply isn’t proving to be enough of a cushion from the bumps!” a kneeling Aragorn argued while he held out to Legolas some bread and jerked meat during their noontime break in the shade of the wagon.

“I will be alright,” the seated elf replied although he knew his pain wearied voice said otherwise. Still he did not want to hold up the Army especially now when the unknown watcher in the forest had a stronger presence. “The watcher is keeping pace with us. We should not stop…”

The former Ranger shook his head stubbornly as a way to hush the Prince. “Even if you were hale the Army still could not out distance whatever is dogging us since it is collectively too large to move any faster then a walk. Therefore, I see nothing else for us to do but to make our stand here and let it reveal itself to us.”

Now Legolas could not find anything in Aragorn’s logic to argue against so he reluctantly relented with a simple nod of his head. “Where are my weapons? I long to feel my bow in my hand again,” he said while he accepted the food even though his last bout of pain had dulled his interest in it. Fortunately, sitting on the tick-covered ground had so far proven to be more agreeable with his wound although he suspected this simple act of sitting would grow painful like it did earlier in the wagon.

“Normally I would not let you have them since I know all about your habit of using them even when you know you should not. However, I will not deny you the comfort of holding them considering all the pain you have had to endure this morning,” the man explained before he stood up. Then he walked over to the back of the wagon.

“Is that the same kind of comfort a teddy bear brings?” Pippin suddenly piped up from his seat next to Frodo who nudged him hard in the ribs with an elbow in order to silence the hobbit and keep him from asking any more questions that could embarrass the renowned archer further while Merry and Sam rolled their eyes.

“I would not have thought such a comparison was possible. However, now that you have mentioned it I would have to say yes the comfort is the same,” Legolas replied while a smile of amusement appeared on his pale face.

“Is that why you stood hugging your other bow to your chest while everyone else sat down after climbing all those stairs in Moria?” the young hobbit continued even though Frodo kept elbowing him. “Aren’t you too old to be doing that sort of thing now?”

After that, an appalled Merry quickly clamped his hand over Pippin’s mouth. “That’s enough out of you!” he hissed in his friend’s ear.

“One thing you must understand Pippin is that Mirkwood elves never outgrow their need for such comfort from their bows,” Aragorn could not keep from adding while he pulled his the cloaked covered weapons from between the food chest and the side of the wagon.

“Apparently that can also be applied to a certain Ranger while he reverently decides to keep his teddy bear the night before he left with the Fellowship. How is Fuzzy Man these days?” Legolas shot back his smile becoming a mischievous one.

Now this truly surprised Aragorn since he had been alone in his room at that time while he sorted through a box containing the teddy bear and some of his other things from childhood. Then he remembered catching Arwen spying on him as she peeked through his open doorway and it did not take him long to figure out that she must have passed on what she had witness to Legolas.

Meanwhile the four hobbits listened to this revelation in wide-eyed amazement while Gimli, Gandalf, and Éomer each had a look of amusement on their faces.

“Once again I’m reminded that nothing stays private for long when elves are around!” Aragorn teased. After that, he returned to Legolas’ side and laid the cloaked wrapped weapons beside the still smiling elf. “And since you asked Fuzzy Man is fine and safe in his box.”

“What did you expect would happen after you left your door wide open? Moreover, I’m glad to hear that you did not leave your brave companion to languish in neglect after he had put his life on the line for you during many of your daring adventures,” the tired elf replied.

Aragorn rolled his eyes while he wondered when he was ever going to learn to keep himself from getting so sucked into Legolas’ teasing.

“Alright you that is enough! Eat your meal now while I go start a fire so I can make up some athelas water for your wound,” he said firmly as he slipped into his role as a healer.

“That means you will need to go into the forest for wood. Aragorn the watcher is still in there. I can feel it,” Legolas informed his demeanor now serious and worried for his friend’s safety. “My comfort is not worth risking your life for.”

“Yes it is. Besides I need not go alone I can take some of my rangers with me.”

“I still don’t like the idea. You represent too tempting of a target since the crown of Kingship awaits you upon your return to Minas Tirith.”

“I agree with Legolas on this. To be able to keep one’s physical presence hidden from elvish eyes is no easy task. Therefore, we should be cautious around this watcher in case it can do something far worse,” Gandalf interjected.

“I won’t send someone to do what I can still do for myself so I don’t have a choice in the matter unless you know of another source of wood,” Aragorn asked.

“Unfortunately I don’t. That is why I will go with you so I can watch your back,” the wizard stated in a “Don’t you dare argue with me!” tone of voice.

“You’re not going anywhere without me!” Gimli added.

Now this led to Éomer, Merry, and Pippin declaring they too were going with the former Ranger.

“Wait a minute! It isn’t necessary that all of you come with me!” the man said in an attempt to keep the simple process of him gathering firewood in the forest from turning into a whole scale invasion into it.

Eventually everyone agreed to only Gandalf and Éomer accompanying Aragorn since Gimli still had an unresolved issue with trees. As for Merry and Pippin, they decided to stay behind once Frodo had asked them to reconsider since he felt no hobbit should go no matter how brave they were. “I don’t understand why I feel this way but something tells me we should leave this up to the bigger folk,” he had explained then to Sam when the gardener had asked him why.

“I will be back in no time,” Aragorn then reassured Legolas who met the man’s steady gaze with one filled with concern and tinged with the tiredness he still felt. Then he simply nodded his head as a way to let his friend know that it was all right for him to go.

“Don’t worry Laddie! No one can attack Aragorn now,” Gimli stated firmly to which the hobbits all nodded in agreement.

Legolas nodded his head too although in an absent-minded way since part of his concentration was solely on the forest while the two future Kings, wizard, and a handful of Dúnedain Rangers approached it at a steady but cautious walk.

The other part was on his weapons, which he deftly unwrapped with his right hand even though he was not watching what he was doing. Then he took up his bow and one arrow in the same hand before he slowly and carefully got to his feet while he steadied himself with his left against the wagon’s side.

“Now where do you think you are going?” Gimli demanded.

“Hopefully no farther than this my friend,” he said with a hitch in his voice from the painful reminder that he might not be able to shoot if the need arose. “It doesn’t hurt…well normally it doesn’t…to be prepared…just in case,” he added while he gave them a wry smile.

Instantly this had the dwarf and hobbits looking uneasily at one another as the perceptive elf’s actions and words had them all beginning to wonder if Aragorn really was as safe as they thought…

To Be Continued...
Last edited by Dínelleth on Sat May 02, 2009 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dínelleth

Not This Day - Chapter 10 05-02-09

Post by Dínelleth » Sat May 02, 2009 9:32 am

Not This Day – Chapter 10

In the meantime, Aragorn and his semi-impromptu entourage had reached the forest’s edge where they now stood gazing into its shady depths.

“I have never heard a forest so quiet before,” an uneasy Éomer said to his kingly counterpart his hushed voice still sounding loud in the silence.

“Neither have I. It’s almost as if all that was living has fled,” an equally uneasy Aragorn surmised.

“Or possibly killed,” Gandalf added while he used his staff to point to the hindquarters of a doe lying partially hidden under some nearby bushes off to their right.

One of the Dúnedain rangers cautiously approached it and carefully pulled aside the over hanging limbs so they all could get a better look at it. Only then could they see the doe’s throat had large gaping wound in it just below the lower jaw.

“No fanged predator did this,” the Dúnedain ranger whispered in disgust while he pointed out to everyone the clean set of human teeth marks below the savaged flesh.

“Why would anyone want to hunt in that fashion?” Éomer asked.

“Only someone who is very desperate for food and weaponless or the insane,” Aragorn guessed. “Either way this kill is less than an hour old so whoever did this might still be around.”

Suddenly what sounded like a Nazgûl shrieking shattered the silence. Instantly this startled the men, wizard before the overwhelming fear it always elicited paralyzed their usually stout hearts, and this time their feet as well. That was why they remained as if they were statues when the tall white corpse of a man dressed in faded robes long past their splendor stepped out from behind the wide trunk of an old tree only a few feet away from Aragorn.

Then a malicious smile appeared on its blood stained lips while it drew forth from within its robes a sword. “You die now!” it intoned in a sepulchral voice while it advanced towards the man with the speed of a striking viper its sword held high above its head.

That was when a single greenish-gold arrow swiftly passed with inches to spare through the remaining entourage and the right side of Aragorn’s face before it embedded itself deeply into the corpse’s chest and heart.

Now this broke the spell of fear it had over the men and wizard so while the corpse staggered to a stop with a look of surprise on its face they in turn regained control of their own wits. Then the entourage quickly drew forth their swords and attacked the dying figure of a man before them just as Aragorn whirled around in order to look back in the direction the arrow had come from since he knew only Legolas could be the one responsible for its appearance. However, when he spied the pale and clearly, in pain elf clutching at his wound with his left hand while he slowly sank to his knees by the side of the road, the future King suddenly had a sick feeling in his stomach that his friend’s effort to save him had cost dearly. It also bestowed upon his feet additional swiftness as he raced off in that direction.

Seconds later Legolas manage to gasp out “The forest…is clean…of Sauron’s foul servant…and Orcs…my killing scared them off,” between spasms of pain while Aragorn fell to his knees next to him.

“Hannon le mellon nin for once again keeping me in the here and now. I take it then that it was indeed a Nazgûl before me although it was not acting like one. Gandalf spied the carcass of a deer it had killed with its teeth partially under a bush,” the man said softly as he gently pried the elf’s hand away so he could lift up the back of his friend’s blood stained jerkin and tunic. Then when he saw under the clothing the patch of red growing visible through the outer wrapping it confirmed his sick feeling.

“Yes it was…It had somehow reverted back to what was left of its human side… Perhaps the waning of the One Rings power left it with a madness in its mind…Fortunately this change did allow me to sense what it truly was in time…I’m bleeding again aren’t I?” the Prince suddenly asked as if he had read his friend’s thoughts.

“Yes you are.”

“I thought so. I felt something…give way…inside while I was shooting…”

Aragorn winced when he heard this. “You probably just broke open your scab is all,” he said while he tried to sound as reassuring as possible. “I’ll have you patched up with fresh bandages soon. Can you move over to your grass tick?”

“Must I?” the elf asked like a reluctant child, which instantly revealed to the future King the extreme nature of the pain his friend was feeling.

By this time Gimli, Merry, and Pippin had shown up carrying one of the large black kettles full of water and Aragorn’s bag containing the athelas. Then two of the Dúnedain who had been a part of the entourage arrived with their arms full of wood for a fire.

“Gentlemen your timely helpfulness is most appreciated!” Aragorn said while smiling in relief. “Soon you will be able to move without feeling any pain,” he then added to Legolas who gave them all a grateful smile.

“Laddie here deserves nothing less after that spectacular shot he made,” Gimli said with pride over a fellow warrior’s skill.

“Mithrandir and Lord Éomer expressed similar sentiments hence the reason for our presence with the wood you did not have the chance to gather. They also wished for me to let both of you know that they will personally see to the burning of the Nazgûl’s body. Do you wish to have your arrow returned to you Prince Legolas?” the first ranger informed and then asked while the second began to kindle a fire with the wood he had brought.

“Have them burn the arrow too…I want nothing back that has been tainted…by that evil,” Legolas instructed during which Aragorn slowly and carefully began to help him to slip out of his jerkin now that he had unbuckled the belt the elf used to hold it closed when his friend’s tired fingers failed to do it properly.

“I will let them know of your decision,” the first ranger replied while he bowed respectfully to the elf. After that, he set down his armload of wood within easy reach while the second ranger placed the kettle of water on the steady flames he had established. Then they both headed back towards the forest.

“I’ve known since Lord Elrond’s council that your father was King Thranduil. Yet it’s only now that I realized you are a Prince and not the simple messenger you have presented yourself to be,” an apologetic Frodo said when he and Sam ventured over to the elf’s side from their grass tick by the wagon once they felt they would not be in the way.

“There is no need for you to apologize since I prefer you to keep thinking of me as the latter,” Legolas replied while he smiled at the hobbit.

“Why would you want me to do that?”

“I feel its better that way.”

“I still don’t understand.”

“What Legolas is trying to say is that he wishes to earn his friendships on his own and not because he is a Prince,” Aragorn explained while he set aside the jerkin. Fortunately, he had been able to get it off without causing his friend to feel any more pain. Then he began to work on unfastening the silver hooks on the elf’s tunic, which Legolas allowed him to do since his tired fingers would not be able to this task either.

“You have definitely earned mine!” Frodo quickly said which prompted Merry, Pippin, and Sam to say the elf had earned theirs too.

“I suppose my ancestors will not roll over in their tombs if I say out loud for all of you to hear that this pointy eared elf has earned my friendship too,” Gimli mumbled just as quickly.

“I hear nothing…so you are safe,” Legolas interjected in a weak mischievous manner.

Gimli snorted before he chuckled along with everyone else.

Meanwhile Aragorn had managed to slip off the elf’s tunic painlessly. After that, he slowly and carefully unwrapped the bloody outer covering, which then led to the peeling back the even bloodier bandage. Now this pulled off the loosened scab and that in turn allowed the elf’s blood to flow with renewed vigor. Fortunately, with so many attentive pairs of eyes watching and willing hands to help the former Ranger soon had the needed clean clothes and bandages from his bag and the athelas steeping in the warming water.

“The outcome of your valiant effort has left its mark on your wound. You have torn off the scab and judging from the goodly amount of fresh blood flowing you have also torn open the healing tissues inside,” he said his sick feeling turning into one of total dismay while he gently applied pressure to it with a clean cloth.

Legolas managed to not wince and gasp out at the additional twinge of pain this caused since he knew his friend was trying his best at not creating more of it. “This “marking” as you call it was well worth it,” he replied with as much sincerity as his tiredness would allow him to muster up.

Aragorn quickly noticed that and he gave one of the elf’s bare shoulders a firm reassuring squeeze with his free hand when he suddenly found himself unable to put into words the strong feelings of amity he was experiencing in his heart over the elf’s words. “The athelas in the water needs a chance to steep for a few more minutes so I’m sorry to say that you must endure your pain a bit longer,” he finally said regretfully.

To this, the archer simply said, “Do not worry mellon nin. I can wait.”

To Be Continued...

Ringwraith-Wife

Re: Not This Day - Chapter 10 05-02-09

Post by Ringwraith-Wife » Wed May 06, 2009 10:17 am

Dínelleth wrote:Not This Day – Chapter 10
To this, the archer simply said, “Do not worry mellon nin. I can wait.”
To Be Continued...
He can wait, but can we? Our favorite Elf out of commission and in great pain, the company on the road ... beset by orcs and worse... How much longer to Minas Tirith? :carryme: The ticking in that cart must feel VERY thin. :mutter:

Dínelleth

Post by Dínelleth » Wed May 06, 2009 11:26 am

RW ~ I know me bad for ending the chapter like this. However, while writing it I began to realize that if I included everything I had in mind the chapter would be way too long for easy comp reading. Thus the break here.

I can promise you Legolas will not be in pain for much longer.

When I read your question about how much longer to Minas Tirith, I suddenly imagined you as a young child asking over and over "Are we there yet?" :lol:

Soon the trip will be over and that tick will be getting a make over. :wink:

Thank you for replying for me! :hug:

Tari

Re: Not This Day - Chapter 9 04-09-09

Post by Tari » Thu May 07, 2009 7:08 pm

Teddy Bears and pet bows? :rofl: I really shouldn't laugh considering all the action figures and 2-3 stuffed animals I have. However, I DO NOT sleep with any in my bed.

The identity of the watcher has my curiosity up. I wonder what kind of mess Aragorn and all are walking into.

Dínelleth

Re: Not This Day - Chapter 9 04-09-09

Post by Dínelleth » Fri May 08, 2009 7:29 am

Tari ~ All the answers you seek are in Chapter 10. :wink:

When I was writing about the teddy bears and bow I got the impression that Legolas was beside himself with laughter while Aragorn was rolling his eyes and chuckling over my ever active imagination.

Dínelleth

Not This Day - Chapter 11 05-27-09

Post by Dínelleth » Wed May 27, 2009 11:38 am

Not This Day – Chapter 11

“We will need more then just downed tree limbs to completely burn that…thing,” Éomer said to Gandalf while they and the remaining rangers gathered around the dead Nazgûl.

“Also we need a suitable place to do it in. I’m loath to foul any part of this forest with Sauron’s evil which could continue to linger on in the Nazgûl’s ashes until the wind and weather disperse and destroy them,” the wizard replied while frowning.

“How about we take the body back to where the road turns east towards Mordor and burn it there? That way no ashes can reach this forest before they are destroyed, and I doubt any of the free peoples of Middle-earth will ever have use for that road again now that Sauron is defeated,” the future King of Rohan suggested.

“Yes that will work,” Gandalf agreed while the two wood bearing rangers rejoined the group. “Did our stalwart archer decide what he wants us to do with his arrow?” he then asked them.

“He wishes for it to be burned with the Nazgûl since he wants to keep nothing that has been tainted by such evil,” the first ranger replied.

“So be it. How is he faring?”

“Not good. His pain is greater and he bleeds again,” the second ranger replied this time.

The wizard shook his head sadly. “Let us hope this encounter with Sauron’s lingering evil is the last one for the elf’s sake and ours,” he said to which everyone there nodded in agreement before they began to prepare for the hauling and the eventual burning of the Nazgûl’s body.

In the meantime, Aragorn had successfully stemmed the flow of blood from Legolas’ wound and had moved on to gently bathing it with the athelas infused water.

“That feels so good!” the elf sighed out in elvish when the warm and soothing wetness caused him to revert to his native language while it banished his pain.

“What did he say?” Pippin asked.

“He said what I’m doing feels good,” Aragorn translated. “Here now don’t fall asleep on my yet! I’m not done patching you up!” he quickly added somewhere alarmed when he noticed the elf’s eyes closing as he relaxed.

The Prince gave forth a weak snort of amusement. “Do not worry about that! You are too lumpy for me to sleep on comfortably,” he said in the common tongue so all could understand while the hint of mischievous smile appeared on his lips.

Now this had the man snorting back although stronger in a similar manner while everyone else grinned.

“Once I have you bandaged up then you can sleep to your hearts content. Nor will we move from here until you have healed enough to do so,” he added firmly. Then he began the process by placing a clean square of the material over the now soothed wound.

“I was wondering what your plans were for Legolas. Now that I know them I can see they will give us on clean up duty ample time to carry it out,” Gandalf said while he casually strolled over to those gathered around the still kneeling elf.

“I didn’t know the burning of a body would take that long,” Aragorn said while he started to wind another long strip of the outer covering over the bandage and around the elf’s bare chest. Fortunately, the recently applied athelas made this tolerable for his half dozing patient so there was no wincing this time.

“Normally you would be right about that. However, as you know there is nothing normal about the corpse we are dealing with,” the wizard pointed out before he fully explained his and Éomer’s plan and the reasons behind it.

“The plan and reasons behind it are sound so I agree with them fully. If you need more men for this then don’t hesitate to recruit more without asking me first,” the future King of Gondor added as he tucked in the end of the outer strip. “Alright Master Elf you are now officially patched up and ready for nap time!”

“Nap time! I haven’t heard that phrase since I was an elfling centuries ago!” Legolas softly gasped out in surprise while he woke up with a start. Then he slowly and somewhat painfully struggled to regain his feet despite Aragorn and Gandalf’s best efforts to help lift and support him from both sides. “Does this…mean you will now…read me…a story too?”

“If that is what it will take to get you to go to sleep then so be it!” the man replied in a fatherly tone of voice as a way to continue his friend’s humor.

“Exactly how old is Legolas?” Sam whispered to Frodo while they watched as the man and wizard now guided the unsteady elf back towards his grass tick. Something Merry and Pippin were in the process of fluffing by holding onto the ends and shaking it up and down between themselves while under Gimli’s watchful eyes.

“I don’t know. However, if I had to guess I would say he is the youngest elf in Middle-earth,” the nine fingered hobbit said. Then he bent over and picked up with his uninjured hand the elf’s bow from where it had lain forgotten until now.

“What makes you say that?” Sam asked before he followed his bow carrying friend who was now following the man, wizard, and elf.

“So far his mischievousness has me saying that. None of the other elves we have met have shown it,” Frodo said over his shoulder. “And since both of us know young hobbits with this trait it might not be such a stretch of the imagination to think young elves would too.”

“I don’t know why but I can’t imagine Legolas as ever being little.”

“No doubt that is due to the timeless nature of elves. I wouldn’t worry about it.”

“I’m not worried about it Mr. Frodo. I’m just curious.”

In the meantime, Aragorn and Gandalf had helped Legolas to lie down as painlessly as possible upon his left side on his now fluffed up grass tick.

Suddenly the sleepy elf’s eyes flew open when he realized he no longer had his bow with him. “I dropped my bow! Where is my bow?” he said in a complete panic as someone with a mind focused on one thing. Then he tried to quickly raise himself up with his left arm, but he fell back while loudly groaning when this movement shot a painful reminder of his wound through it.

“I have it!” Frodo replied while he hastened his last few steps over to the elf’s side where he laid the powerful bow before he backed up out of Aragorn’s way so the man could take over calming the panicked archer.

“Easy my friend your bow is here!” the man softly soothed while he place it into Legolas’ right hand. “Sleep now. Your part in eradicating Sauron’s lingering evil is now over. Soon a new chapter in Middle-earth’s history will begin to be written and I want you hale to see it.”

“Of course…you want me too…my handwriting…is much better than yours!” the elf whispered before the sleep he had been holding at bay for so long finally claimed him within its darkness.

Aragorn grinned in amusement while he gently covered his friend with a blanket.

“Lord Elrond would be distraught if he knew his carefully crafted penmanship lessons still have not improved that chicken scratching of yours,” Gandalf said as he leaned upon his staff his blue eyes twinkling mischievously.

The former Ranger continued to grin in amusement. “Lady Arwen describes it as spider tracks,” he said before he stood up. Then he sobered. “I want to see how Éomer is fairing with the preparation of the Nazgûl’s body. Legolas will sleep for several hours judging from how exhausted all of this has made him. Therefore, my continuing presence here won’t be needed unless there is something you now wish to have tended to Frodo and Sam.”

“Actually the taking of a nap is sounding like a good idea now,” the nine-fingered hobbit replied while he stifled a yawn.

Instantly this had Merry and Pippin fluffing up the other grass tick in the same manner they did the first one.

“I could go for one too,” Sam added.

“Then I will leave you two and Legolas in the capable hands of your fellow hobbits and Gimli while I’m gone. Don’t hesitate to come and get me if something does go awry,” Aragorn instructed the last part in a firmer tone of voice.

After that the future King of Gondor left with Gandalf his expression a sober one once again while the wizard whispered wise words of council to him about the upcoming burning.

To Be Continued...
Last edited by Dínelleth on Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ringwraith-Wife

Re: Not This Day - Chapter 11 05-27-09

Post by Ringwraith-Wife » Wed May 27, 2009 12:01 pm

While everyone is napping, and Aragorn & Gandalf are off organizing a bonfire, please tell me that SOMEONE is at least on guard. :shock: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :eek:

Dínelleth

Post by Dínelleth » Wed May 27, 2009 12:30 pm

Gimli is there. :-)

I tried to work in what the Army was doing during all of this but I couldn't make it work so it will have to wait until the next chapter. I've learned that sometimes a story can dictate what happens where and when despite what the author wants which is what I think is going on with the Army now.

Tari

Post by Tari » Fri May 29, 2009 7:25 pm

Poor Legolas. This is the second story I'm reading where my favorite elf is seriously wounded.

So, the watcher was a Nazgul who couldn't make up his mind which side of the "fench" he should be on. Guess he won't have to worry about that anymore.

Dínelleth

Post by Dínelleth » Sat May 30, 2009 8:10 am

Tari wrote:Poor Legolas. This is the second story I'm reading where my favorite elf is seriously wounded.

So, the watcher was a Nazgul who couldn't make up his mind which side of the "fench" he should be on. Guess he won't have to worry about that anymore.
Our elf seems to be a magnet for such stories. That's why in my next one he won't get so much as a scratch. :-)

I wouldn't be to quick in thinking that the worrying about the Nazgul is over just yet. :wink:

Tari

Post by Tari » Sat May 30, 2009 5:06 pm

Isn't that just like an elf. The first think he worries about is his silly bow, as if anyone would forget it. I hope he heals quickly. Who knows what trouble they will encounter next.

Dínelleth

Post by Dínelleth » Sun May 31, 2009 12:09 pm

Tari wrote:Isn't that just like an elf. The first think he worries about is his silly bow, as if anyone would forget it. I hope he heals quickly. Who knows what trouble they will encounter next.
His pain and tiredness has made him somewhat needy like a child. Therefore, I think we can cut him some slack on wanting his bow this time. :wink:

*chuckles over what is coming up next*