A Birthday Present for Ada and Linaewen

Original Tolkien-based writings of all kinds.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

agape4rivendell

A Birthday Present for Ada and Linaewen

Post by agape4rivendell » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:30 pm

I happen to know they both have an affinity with a certain Man of Gondor. Hope you enjoy this, dearest friends.

The Vanishing Point

“What did you say her name was, Boromir?”

“It matters not.”

“I know this melancholy has naught to do with Father. He has been in Dol Amroth for a month.”

Faramir shifted on the hard stone ledge overlooking the Pelennor. The sky, crystal blue as he’d ever seen it, caused him to shade his eyes. Anduin cut through the farmlands below like a great blue-grey ribbon.

“You have been less than sanguine since she returned to Harad.”

A peregrine dove past his cheek. Faramir smiled. “I remember. She was named after Nevrast’s lake of birds. Linaewen. You miss her.”

“Yes.”

A/N: Linaewen could have been of the line of Hador from the First Age. Perhaps her ancestors escaped the fall of Beleriand and returned east. I don’t think Boromir knew her lineage.
'There will be only one Steward in Gondor, so long as I am King. I will have you as my Steward, or I will have none." PlasticChevy - The Captain and the King

Linaewen
Site Admin

Re: A Birthday Present for Ada and Linaewen

Post by Linaewen » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:13 am

This is great! You should see the grin on my face!! What a sweet little birthday present you've penned for me and Ada.

I do hope Boromir's Linaewen will return soon to take away his melancholy!

:wink:
"Have you ever been called Home by the clear ringing of silver trumpets?...One day, our paths will lead us there." -- Boromir, Lord of Gondor