AL3P, The Road Goes Ever On

Upcoming events, announcements and moots,
Share your travels and picture links here.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

Ladyhawk Baggins

Re: AL3P, The Road Goes Ever On

Post by Ladyhawk Baggins » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:25 pm

Sorry, I'm late! I want to go! If there is a room left when I finally have enough pennies saved I'll be there. Sigh... hate being low on work.
I will take it. I will take it. I will take the Ring to Mordor, though I do not know the way. ~ Frodo Baggins

TolmanJr

Post by TolmanJr » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:39 pm

LB, try to at least get your event deposit in soon, and reserve a room (or share with someone). Ann isn't charging credit cards for room deposits right now. I believe full event payment isn't due 'till August 2014.

Really hope you can make it again. Constance will be there by the way.
This day does not belong to one man but to all. Let us together rebuild this world,
That we may share in the days of peace.

Ladyhawk Baggins

Post by Ladyhawk Baggins » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:33 pm

At this point, I don't even have the money for a deposit. I have a Reader's Conference I'm participating in this May/June and will be one of the authors the following year, which means I have to plan that into my budget... Hmmm... Haven't had a talk with God... remiss of me. Moving it to the top of my prayer list. Thanks for the encouragement, TolmanJr!
I will take it. I will take it. I will take the Ring to Mordor, though I do not know the way. ~ Frodo Baggins

AnnaEstel

Post by AnnaEstel » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:10 pm

I'll pray on your behalf as well, I'd so love to see you there!
Galador khiluva mornie. Estel na illuve!

Ladyhawk Baggins

Post by Ladyhawk Baggins » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:48 pm

Thank you ((AnnaEstel))

AnnaEstel

Post by AnnaEstel » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:21 pm

I can't believe it's was 2013 last time someone posted here! I forget how long I stay excited for and look forward to this event. That said, a small announcement. There are some openings for registrations and rooms for this event available now! And I know, I know, I've said it dozens of times already but this really is an amazing, one of a kind adventure and I strongly recommend it for anyone! Don't miss out, those of us from here who are already signed up would love to meet more of you face to face, and this is a great place to do it!

TolmanJr

Post by TolmanJr » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:02 am

Just as Anna has said, I also cannot recommend this event enough. I know some of you here have actually attended the first one or were at least initially registered and had to drop out. So if your real life situation has gotten better and you possibly could attend, PLEASE DO!
This day does not belong to one man but to all. Let us together rebuild this world,

Ladyhawk Baggins

Post by Ladyhawk Baggins » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:44 am

I attended the first one, and it was fantastic. I wish I could attend this one, but deadlines take priority. I need to learn to schedule better. :?

AnnaEstel

Post by AnnaEstel » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:50 pm

And another ALEP is passed. With any luck there will be a pic or two soon. Our family here was very well represented: myself, Ashlyn, Tolman Jr., Bonnie Halfelven, Calafalas (sorry think I misspelled that!) and Tari were all there!

Ashlyn

Post by Ashlyn » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:47 am

And a wonderful time was had by all!!!

There was a FOME group picture taken, and as soon as it gets posted on Facebook or the photobucket acct, and I can find it, I'll post it here too!!!
He wore a tall pointed blue hat, a long grey cloak, and a silver scarf. He had a long white beard and bushy eyebrows that stuck out beyond the brim of his hat.

Ashlyn

Post by Ashlyn » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:38 pm

And, finally, here's our group!!!

from left to right: Bonnie Halfelven, AnnaEstel, Ashlyn (me), Tolman Jr., Tari & Calafalas

He wore a tall pointed blue hat, a long grey cloak, and a silver scarf. He had a long white beard and bushy eyebrows that stuck out beyond the brim of his hat.

TolmanJr

Post by TolmanJr » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:30 pm

Great shot! :thumb:

Much better than ALEP 1. (except for a few missing faces) :(

Who took the photo?

Ashlyn

Post by Ashlyn » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:00 pm

Lisa's friend, Sara, took it and sent it to Lisa, who sent it to me so I could post it! I also posted it on FB!

TolmanJr

Post by TolmanJr » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:04 pm

:thumb: :thumb:

frodosmiss

Post by frodosmiss » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:00 pm

LOVE IT!!! :heart:
..the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.