Hunting for a new home for the Fellowship

Items of Importance from the other forums.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

Calafalas

Re: Hunting for a new home for the Fellowship

Post by Calafalas » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:58 pm

Like many, I interact with Fellowship Middle Earthers more often on Facebook. However, without the Fellowship, I would never have found out about and attended ALEP, where many fine Fellowship members frolic. I am most familiar with Facebook and Yahoo groups, but am willing to go wherever the Fellowship lands. Ranking: facebook, yahoo, live journal-ish home. What can I do to help?
Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. John Muir

True-Hearted Easterling

Post by True-Hearted Easterling » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:20 pm

While I loved the old boards and I really like the forum format, the fact is I hardly ever visit anymore. I do however visit Facebook more than once a day, so I would likely be MORE active if we move to Facebook! That's just the way it is.
:shock:

Varda

Post by Varda » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:25 pm

Hi folks I am sorry we have to downsize but on the bright side maybe it might give the board a bit of new life. I do admit I dont come here much but I really hated the third Hobbit film and did not even feel like talking about it. I felt betrayed :( B :( Regarding formats, I am familiar only with Facebook and would be happy with that. I am on quite a few FB pages of Tolkien interest and believe me, there are literally thousands of people who want to talk Tolkien. We'd get bigger, lol. So FB for me, and fasten seatbelts...

Lothithil

Post by Lothithil » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:06 pm

I use FB every day, and Livejournal frequently.

Tari

Post by Tari » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:15 pm

I never heard of Dreamwidth, but am on Facebook occasionally. That would be my first choice. I'm sorry I neglected this site for so long. I was reading stories on Henneth-Annun which is now defunct. I would be more than happy to contribute something in order to keep the stories on lotrbanmb available for reading. I know some people have lost interest in LOTR stories, but I never shall. I love reading them.

halavana

Post by halavana » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:16 pm

I spend more time on FB than any other social medium. though I get ticked off at it pretty often, it gets my vote.
a laital Eru
Mah nid sakhu!

frodosmiss

Post by frodosmiss » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:16 pm

I will go wherever the fellowship calls home, but the only site I'm familiar with is Facebook. I am on that site every day, so it would be easy to stop in. I am just so grateful we are talking about maintaining a home somewhere!
..the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

True-Hearted Easterling

Post by True-Hearted Easterling » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:41 am

From Indis: I haven't visited there in ages! So lovely to see the old familiar names...fondest memories! Don't know my log in details right now. Could somebody please post for me that I vote for a private Facebook group? I'm on FB often but don't have the time for other regular boards or social media. My board name was Indis. Thank you!

TolmanJr

Post by TolmanJr » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:03 am

halavana wrote:I spend more time on FB than any other social medium. though I get ticked off at it pretty often, it gets my vote.
This, then the question becomes: Open or private group?
This day does not belong to one man but to all. Let us together rebuild this world,
That we may share in the days of peace.

JimboBaggins

Post by JimboBaggins » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:00 pm

I keep telling myself to travel back to the Shire so here I am. Sorry to see us have to move off Bag End but I will gladly help pack up the cheeses, breads & pies and carry same to new digs.
Hope all of you are well. We've had some contact on Facebook but just not the same.
Keep us posted.
Jim :hi:
"But I wish Bilbo could have seen Treebeard: how we shall manage to describe him to the old hobbit, if ever we get back, I can't think."

lindorie
Location: north central Texas, but my heart is in Minas Tirith

Post by lindorie » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:00 pm

I can't tell you how long ago it was that I was last here. Full time work, marriage,SCA, church, grandkids...it's all gotten in the way! I remember my time here, fondly, and think about many of you frequently. I have many of you as facebook friends, Doctor Gamgee, Ariel, Linaewen, AnnaEstel, Anarelen, Dandy, Rasputin, Chameleon...We may not actually 'chat' often, but I keep an eye on what they are up to and know where to 'find' them. A lot of you have mentioned that you distrust facebook. I will admit to having had some concerns, but...it's the easiest way to keep up with the rest of my friends and family. I really don't have time for one more thing to learn and follow. It is possible to create private groups on Facebook, that are moderated. I belong to many, groups that are SCA related, Crafts related, my favorite authors (other than Tolkien). I shouldn't have much of a say, as I am here almost never. (Thank goodness I had my username and password stored someplace.) I will cast whatever say I have towards Facebook and hope that many more realize that it isn't all evil.

I love these old halls, but sometimes it is time to close old doors and open new ones.

Love to you all.

Lindorie

lindorie

Post by lindorie » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:02 pm

PS, if you feel like it, my Facebook name is Susan Johnson Hill McMahill. Always glad to see new old friends. :D

Strange Elf

Post by Strange Elf » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:56 am

I'm happy to add new friends, also. If you want to, PM me and I'll send you my name.

I'll look for you Lindorie.
There was also a Strange Elf clad in green and brown, Legolas,..... (FOTR, The council of Elrond)

lindorie

Post by lindorie » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:47 am

who should I accept a friend request from? If I don't know your real name, or at least initials, I don't usually accept, especially if we have no mutual friends.

lindorie

Post by lindorie » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:47 am

oops, sorry. check pm