How's your Weather? 2

Casual chatty conversing and games.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

Primula

How's your Weather? 2

Post by Primula » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:27 am

The weather continues to change over our much-scattered Fellowship. What's it like where you are?

The first thread may be found here.

As to me, it's a simply gorgeous sunny day with a cool breeze to keep it from being too hot and I'm hanging out laundry on the line, everything smells so nice.
:sun:

AnnaEstel

Re: How's your Weather? 2

Post by AnnaEstel » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:38 am

Well, we are finally down out of the 100's F, but still little or no rain in sight. Some areas near us have had a little, but tanks that have not dried up in generations are now gone. We are all to the point that we WANT our planned outdoor activities to get rained out, and are often disappointed when they aren't. So the weather is great--we just really wish it wasn't!! :-)

My kids are singing a new song:

Rain, rain
Stay today!
Go away some other day!
Galador khiluva mornie. Estel na illuve!

Sylvania

Post by Sylvania » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:48 am

You are very welcome to what we have experienced here today AnnaEstel. It started the raining this morning and has been coming down in stair rods all day. Also howling wind as well.
Prim - I am SO jealous of your weather! Just think, this time last year I was getting ready to come over to your side of the ocean. How that time has flown!
CXXXEP

Strange Elf

Post by Strange Elf » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:15 pm

We are also out of the 100's and into the 90's. No rain in sight for us either.

I'd take some rain, but not your kind, Sylv. Your rain would cause flash floods, and we don't want that.
There was also a Strange Elf clad in green and brown, Legolas,..... (FOTR, The council of Elrond)

DoctorGamgee

Post by DoctorGamgee » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:40 pm

I went out for dinner and it rained hard! (For all of 30 minutes)...then there was sunshine and no more rain.

I would have liked a bit more...

Dr.G
Proud father of G-minor and the Bean!

lindorie
Location: north central Texas, but my heart is in Minas Tirith

Post by lindorie » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:39 am

90s here, but cooling down to upper 60s at night, now. The pool water is cooling rapidly. It's ok to sit on my float and read, but just standing in the water is getting uncomfortable...not many days left of my summer guilty pleasure, spending an hour or two in the late afternoon (when most of the pool is in shade) reading with a cold drink stuck in my cupholder, and floating around.

We have some rain chances for the next few days. Hopefully not too much. The archery range will get standing water on it if we get too much and we have a small competition on Sunday.

Dínelleth

Post by Dínelleth » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:29 am

This smilie sums it up nicely for me today. :rain:

Primula

Post by Primula » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:13 am

Sylvania wrote:...Just think, this time last year I was getting ready to come over to your side of the ocean. How that time has flown!
Has it really been a year? Really? :shock:

We had a bit of rain last night in big, fat drops, just enough to freshen everything up so it all sparkles, wish I could send some of my weather to the rest of you in a big box with a bow.

Sylvania

Post by Sylvania » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:08 am

Oh for a nice sunny morning. (Just to brighten up the swim of course!)
This morning we had a howling wind and temperature was just nudging 50 degrees!! We were supposed to have a 'barbecue summer' which in U.K. terms means more than the odd day here or there. In fact if we have a really hot week, we can't believe how lucky we are!!!
CXXXEP

Rosie Cotton

Post by Rosie Cotton » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:34 pm

The last couple days here in Jersey have been beautiful! Noticeably cooler, but soo pleasant! It looks like we have more of the same in store for the rest of the holiday weekend! Yay!!

Sylvania

Post by Sylvania » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:33 am

Horrible! Horrible! Horrible! Although we manage to have an hour or two of sunshine around lunch time, we have been cursed with a bitterly north wind for the last two weeks.
I don't think I will be swimming for much longer as our beach faces direct north. Although the temperature in the water isn't too bad, the waves are getting a bit nasty and actually coming out of the sea is when I really get cold. I will really will miss the swimming when I have to give it up though.
CXXXEP

lindorie

Post by lindorie » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:29 pm

This afternoon was the first sun we have seen since last Thursday! We had about 7 inches of rain, most of it from thursday to Sunday afternoon. Made for a great weekend for reading and napping! Temps are marvelously cool for this part of the world and this time of year. 81F right now!

Sylvania

Post by Sylvania » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:17 am

Well after all the easterly gales of the last few weeks, we ended up with a temperature of 70 degrees today! I tell you there is just no rhyme nor reason to our weather any more.
P.S. Lin - your cool temperature of 81 had me smiling - that woud be an absolutely tropical heatwave for us!! :D
CXXXEP

lindorie

Post by lindorie » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:13 pm

LOL, Syl, believe me I understand. The weather while i lived in Oregon was much like you get and I adored it. After weeks in the high 90s to 108 range, this is cool. Tuesday we may only get to 73...absolute heaven!

Sylvania

Post by Sylvania » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:24 am

Perhaps I need to move to Texas for a year or so, just so that I can appreciate this climate in the U.K.!!!!
CXXXEP