How's your Weather? 2

Casual chatty conversing and games.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

DoctorGamgee

Re: How's your Weather? 2

Post by DoctorGamgee » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:19 am

I like how the weather channel website says "Dangerous heat Chicago to New York" and it will be cooler there than our coldest day this week. We'll be up to 105° by the end of the week. Prim probably just fainted...
Proud father of G-minor and the Bean!

Primula

Post by Primula » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:53 am

*waves paper fan for Doc*

So, why do you live where it gets that hot again?

We did have it up to 90 here, though, and I'm getting tired of dragging my garden hoses around. The nights are turning cool enough to turn the tips of the leaves those brilliant fluorescent tones that say fall is coming whether we want it to yet or not and it looks like a nice, sunny day.

Apple pie, anyone? I still have too many apples left on my tree, they're getting very, very red with lots of sun ripening them this way.

DoctorGamgee

Post by DoctorGamgee » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:06 am

Wish I could take some of those Apples from you...our apple tree only has about 6, and they are not faring too well with the heat. But they survive. The Avocados are doing well...which is the reason I live where it is hot, Prim! LOL!

Been cool and rainy the last couple of days. Fall must be on the way. As is the moot...

Wish everyone could come!
Proud father of G-minor and the Bean!

Ringwraith-Wife

Post by Ringwraith-Wife » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:10 am

Ah, Autumn and apple pie. It's 'cold' and rainy up here in the Catskills... a nice hot slice of homemade apple pie would be soooo welcome. :-) I'll put on the tea... Thanks, Prim. :tea: *sighs*... a moot would be welcome as well, Dr. G :hi:

bregotamer

Post by bregotamer » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:02 pm

San Diego reports H O T ! ! ! We are far too weather wimpy here for this....101 at THE BEACH! :faint: :pale:
My friends, you bow to no one."

Ringwraith-Wife

Post by Ringwraith-Wife » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:01 am

WOW! that's twice what it is here at the moment, although we're looking forward to the low 70's by noon. :shock:

Sylvania

Post by Sylvania » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:34 pm

I'm sure it has been raining on and off since last winter!!! Husband is marooned in marina at Portland Bill. He'd taken my grandson (soon to be 18) and a few friends off for a pre-birthday treat of some sailing days. Unfortunately there is a gale force 9 blowing and Pete definitely puts the safety of his crew first. :pirate:
CXXXEP

Sylvania

Post by Sylvania » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:13 pm

Did anyone notice my deliberate mistake in the above? My grandson soon to be 1 ?????? Obviously that was meant to be 18!!
Well the weather in the U.K. has just got worse and worse. The ground is just so sodden because of all the non-stop HEAVY rain that there is no more place for the rain to go. Consequently the rivers are overflowing and many poor souls have been flooded out time and time again. A lot of the folks have spent their Christmas marooned in a top room or a local hall, with so much of their furniture and precious things just ruined. There just doesn't seem to be end in sight at the moment. We are very fortunate on the Isle of Wight- just a couple of places - especially when we have high tides. Hope everyone is keeping safe.
CXXXEP

Strange Elf

Post by Strange Elf » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:37 pm

You really are getting in bad in the British Isles. Heaven knows its its known for its rain, but this is a bit ridiculous. Don't they say 2012 was the wettest year since records began?

Meanwhile here in the Nevada desert we haven't been above freezing for week, in fact it hasn't gotten out of the plus teens. Our morning lows are hovering around MINUS 11 ºF/24ºC. Its bitter cold to say the least.

We did have a white Christmas, and that snow is still on the ground, frozen with nowhere to go.
There was also a Strange Elf clad in green and brown, Legolas,..... (FOTR, The council of Elrond)

Sylvania

Post by Sylvania » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:01 pm

Just heard today that this has escaped (by about a thimble full!)being the wettest year, but is the second wettest for 100 years.
It always seems so weird to talk about deserts and freezing temperature Strange Elf!! A white Christmas - oh how I long for one of those!
CXXXEP

Sylvania

Post by Sylvania » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:44 pm

Didn't rain yesterday - it snowed!!!!! Needless to say most of the country shut down AGAIN!!! We only got a a smidgen on the Island, but enough to go charging off to the hills with the 6 year olds to sledge/fall off/sledge/fall off...................and get hammered in the snowball fights. I LOVED IT!!! :D
CXXXEP

MiddleEarthMunchkin

Post by MiddleEarthMunchkin » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:44 pm

Southern California weather has been up and down. A real cold snap (for Californians) where they worried about damage to crops about a week ago, and I was wearing turtleneck and sweaters to work. But tomorrow will practically be bikini weather. 8)

frodosmiss

Post by frodosmiss » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:46 am

You know it was a frigid week-end when 1 degree above zero seriously feels balmy!! Wind chills here in Minot, ND got to 40+ degrees below zero all week-end long!! :cold:
..the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

Strange Elf

Post by Strange Elf » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:29 pm

We burst a hot water pipe last night and do you think we knew where the shut off valve for the garage was? No!

Hot water sprayed everywhere, turning to steam in the frigid cold.

It took a good half an hour to figure out what to do.

We've sustained damage, but its all frozen right now, so who knows when we'll get it all sorted.

Yeah! I'm sick of these temperatures for sure.
There was also a Strange Elf clad in green and brown, Legolas,..... (FOTR, The council of Elrond)

daughter_of_kings

Post by daughter_of_kings » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:17 pm

I know where everyone's global warming has gone... it came to southeast Texas. We've been having highs in the 70s... near 80 some days. We're running our AC in January!

I'm very sorry to those of you whose heat came down here instead... I would send it back to you in a heartbeat if I could. And Strange Elf... I'm so sorry to hear about your burst pipe!
If the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence... water your grass.