How's your Weather? 2

Casual chatty conversing and games.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

Strange Elf

Re: How's your Weather? 2

Post by Strange Elf » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:55 pm

For goodness sakes, you two.

Its supposed to get into the minuses by Sunday. Now that is freezing.

Care to come visit me Image ?
There was also a Strange Elf clad in green and brown, Legolas,..... (FOTR, The council of Elrond)

bregotamer

Post by bregotamer » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:08 am

Wouldn't you rather come here!? :shock:
My friends, you bow to no one."

Strange Elf

Post by Strange Elf » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:12 am

bregotamer wrote:Wouldn't you rather come here!? :shock:
Purchasing my ticket now.

Sun is out, and its in the teens.
There was also a Strange Elf clad in green and brown, Legolas,..... (FOTR, The council of Elrond)

Strange Elf

Post by Strange Elf » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:33 am

MINUS 24 degrees Fahrenheit

OK! Funny how 10 degrees suddelnly seems like a nice number.

I'm going nowhere today for sure.

bregotamer

Post by bregotamer » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:27 pm

The sun and I await your arrival when you are ready! :welcome: :sun:

Strange Elf

Post by Strange Elf » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:24 am

Just after 5 AM I started out on my walk and it was raining very softly and steadily. As I passed each lamp post, I could see the rain and just a few snow flakes mixed in, like one or two. As my walk progressed, the rain gradually turned to snow, still very light.

It was truly facinating to watch the rain change to snow with the backdorp of the night sky lit by lamp light.

I enjoyerd my walk

daughter_of_kings

Post by daughter_of_kings » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:16 am

Last week... 40s. This week... upper 70s. Tomorrow... 40s again. Whee... what a roller coaster ride.

SE, that sounds like a lovely walk. I wish I could have been there to take it with you.
If the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence... water your grass.

bregotamer

Post by bregotamer » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:40 pm

As spoiled as we Southern Californians are during winter. I too would have loved to take that walk with you SE....Its sounds surreal.

Primula

Post by Primula » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:09 am

Like brego, we've been feeling spoiled here as well - watching the rest of the country getting socked with storms while our usual breezy rain goes by. We did have one rather deep bit of snow (for us) to add drama, but it was gone in just a few days... it was so nice a couple days back I went out without a coat to trim my grape arbor.

The transition with rain and snow is a marvel, sounds very nice!

frodosmiss

Post by frodosmiss » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:26 pm

We North Dakotans are quite over winter now! Back in subzero temperatures, which is where we have spent a number of days and weeks since December. Though it's not usual for us to experience below zero weather, it is unusual to have such long stretches over a period of months. Grateful that we haven't had so much snow, which means normal or below water runoff, which is good news for those of us who are flood weary! Also grateful that we haven't been socked as hard as the eastern part of the country, nor are we dealing with the awful drought on the other side of the country. Whew!! Just bring on the spring, please! :flower:
..the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

bregotamer

Post by bregotamer » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:15 pm

Actually, I prefer the winter here in San Diego. It's the best weather of the year. Spring is 'okay', but May and June are the worst months....May Gray and June Gloom just about sum it all up.

What always cracks me up is my husband. He's from New York and wears jackets all year round here.

Primula

Post by Primula » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:54 am

How's your winter (or summer/fall for those further south) treating you thus far? We're getting a really mild one again :rain: a bit less rain than usual and lots of pretty fog. Not a snowflake yet...may not be any at all this time around, just a couple brief bouts of freezing rain. I'd rather have snow.

My crocuses and daffodils are already coming up! :shock:

Frodo Baggins

Post by Frodo Baggins » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:46 am

It's pretty cold here, but not super cold. It's like 30 today and we've only had a few snows this year. Last week was in the mid- 70's and this week is in the 20's and 30's. It's a bit random where I live.
“I wish it need not have happened in my time,” said Frodo.
“So do I,” said Gandalf, “and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”
~The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

Ladyhawk Baggins

Post by Ladyhawk Baggins » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:52 pm

It's been in the 80s all week. :mutter: I'm not ready for summer to make an appearance this early.
I will take it. I will take it. I will take the Ring to Mordor, though I do not know the way. ~ Frodo Baggins

Strange Elf

Post by Strange Elf » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:07 pm

I was up the canyon for six hours today, birdwatching. Saw few birds, but did see Butterflies. Butterflies in February???

I started off in my winter coat and ended up in my short-sleeved T.

The canyon is supposed to be shut off due to snow. All we have is a dusting at the very top. It is unbelievably warm for this time of year, and we are in year four of a drought.