Amazon reveals title LOTR series

On-topic discussion of Tolkien's works and world.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

daisy gold

Amazon reveals title LOTR series

Post by daisy gold » Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:43 am

Amazon has revealed the title for the show. It is The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhqGCPMfkNM

The video is impressive looking. Love the way it builds up to reveal the name. I like how they made the effects, using real molten metal, real wood and real water.
The Rings of Power is a good title. So, does this mean we'll be seeing the effects of the Three, the Seven and the Nine on their respective bearers? I often wondered how these other rings worked on their wearers, and how they used them.
It is clever the way they foreshadowed the Fall of Numenor. The way the water scene is synchronised with “doom to die” nice touch.

I am not sure about Morfydd’s voice. Though I like the way she pronounces the word Mordor. But I miss the gravitas of Cate Blanchett’s lovely voice.

There is much about the second age I don’t remember but two things have always fascinated me, The forging of the rings and the fall of Numenor. It appears I will get to see these. Great!.

I could not be happier when I heard Howard Shore’s music. Just imagine all the new musical themes we'll have from him.

I am feeling tingles of excitement. Looking forward to more reveals. :yay: :bunny:

Daisy
He beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.