Hello

Welcome to our new members! Come join the family.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

Mereni

Hello

Post by Mereni » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:47 am

Hello everyone, sorry I haven't introduced myself but it's getting near the end of term at our school and I'm up to my neck in end of term reports.
Anyway I'm Mereni and I live in Canterbury but I work at a school in Cambridge and go home at weekends.
I'm mad about LOTR (my favourite character is Legolas.) I'm married to John and I love cats. I look forward to getting to know you all. Bye for now :hi:

Lithilien Quicksilver

Hello

Post by Lithilien Quicksilver » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:03 am

Welcome to our fellowship, Mereni! Sounds like you'll be right at home here. 8)
White shores are calling... You and I will meet again.

Primula

Hello

Post by Primula » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:54 am

Pleased to meet you, Mereni! You're certainly among friends - We're glad to have you with us. :welcome:

Strange Elf

Hello

Post by Strange Elf » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:59 am

Happy to make your acquaintance, Mereni.

We're looking forward to getting to know you here in our little part of Middle earth.
:D
There was also a Strange Elf clad in green and brown, Legolas,..... (FOTR, The council of Elrond)

Mereni

Re: Hello

Post by Mereni » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:22 pm

Hello, Strange Elf, Primula & Lithilien. Thanks for the warm welcome. I had a lovely walk around the forest at Knole Kent today,getting in touch with my inner elf. :-)

Primula

Post by Primula » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:01 pm

That sounds just lovely! I've seen pictures of that big house...castle...thing they have there, it looks like a pretty area too.

frodosmiss

Post by frodosmiss » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:25 pm

Welcome to the friendliest place in Middle Earth, Mereni!! I have no doubt that you and your inner elf will find it quite comfortable here! Looking foward to getting to know you! :hi:
..the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

Mereni

Post by Mereni » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:29 am

Hmmm,it is beautiful. The house is interesting too. The writer Vita Sackville West was born there. You can walk for miles around the park and the pine forest is stunning. Wasn't Mirkwood a pine forest?

Hello, frodosmiss. Nice to meet you. I've only been here for a short time but already I feel very comfortable.

daisy gold

Post by daisy gold » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:37 am

Welcome Mereni . Looking forward to getting to know you . :welcome: :flower:
I love Canterbury. It is so lovely, especially around the Cathedral. My sister lives just up the road in Folkestone.
I was surprise to see that Kent has so many woods. The villages are pretty. We have visited quite a few around the Marden area.
:ent: :ent: :ent: :ent: :ent: :ent: :ent: :sun:
He beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

Mereni

Post by Mereni » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:50 am

Hello daisy gold. Nice to meet you. Yes, we are lucky in Kent to have lots of woods and forests. Sadly I don't get to see it as much as I'd like to,due to work. However we have the summer holiday starting soon so I'll be able to enjoy it more then. You are right about the cathedral. Another of my favourite places.

Ringwraith-Wife

Post by Ringwraith-Wife » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:47 pm

Hello, Mereni, and WELCOME. Another fair elf heard from. Yes, you are lucky to live in Kent, and we expect to hear a great deal about your lovely neck of the woods. Like others have said before me, this is a very friendly place you find yourself in, and you seem quite friendly as well... we'll all look forward to talking to you more as the summer progresses. :hi: :grin: :yes: :welcome: :yes: :grin: :hi:

Sylvania

Post by Sylvania » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:33 am

Hi there Mereni, nice to meet you :hi: I also hail from this side of the pond - actually live on the Isle of Wight.
The folk here are such a lovely lot - always ready to back you up if you are down, letting you rant when you want and also giving out a fair shair of giggles!! :lol: I just know you are going to love being here. :-)
CXXXEP

Mereni

Post by Mereni » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:11 am

Hello, Ringwraith-wife. Nice to meet you. Although I only joined a short while ago I already feel at home here. Hmmm, Kent is beautiful, with lots of woods and leafy country lanes. Sorry, I'm beginning to sound like a travel brochure :-)

Hello, Sylvania, nice to meet you too. The Isle of Wight? I've never been there but I've seen it on the TV and it looks really beautiful. I envy you. We have seaside places in Kent too. My favourite one is the pretty little town called Whitstable. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all. :hi:

JimboBaggins

Post by JimboBaggins » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:55 pm

Hullo Mereni!

I have a very good friend that lives not to far from you in Bury St Edmonds. He was just here last month on an extended vacation having just retired. I would love to visit England someday and see all the beautiful places, histories and peoples.

Welcome to the Shire!

JBaggins :hi:
"But I wish Bilbo could have seen Treebeard: how we shall manage to describe him to the old hobbit, if ever we get back, I can't think."

Traevynn
Location: wandering the woods of Ithilien (somewhere near Seattle)

Post by Traevynn » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:14 pm

Adding my :welcome: to you to the best Fellowship anywhere! (biased?? me? Nahhh...)
I'm sure there is some tasty beverages around here somewhere to toast your arrival.
:tea: :cheersL: :cheersR: :up: :cheer:
I do not believe this darkness will endure.
--Faramir