So how about them Dwarves...

Swoon for the actors, actresses and crew of LOTR.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

Wanderer

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:43 pm

Richard Armitage... or should I say Thorin Oakenshield.

I could stare at him for hours and just listen to him talk. Actually, Master Thorin is residing on my desktop at the moment.

Who's your favorite Dwarf? And why? =D
~*Wandering the roads of life and love*~
*~I am of the roads of life. Let us see where they shall lead. If we like them not, we shall make our own paths~*

~*Bree*~

daughter_of_kings

Post by daughter_of_kings » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:16 pm

I wondered when this topic would show up here. :grin:

Thorin is awfully easy on the eyes. As best I can remember, I haven't seen Richard Armitage in anything else... may have to see about changing that.

Also, Fili... or is it Kili?... the blonde one... is kind of a cutie. :D
If the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence... water your grass.

Strange Elf

Post by Strange Elf » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:30 pm

Look for Richard Armitage in The Vicar of Dibley - A Holy Wholly Ending. So very funny, and very handsome of course.

He's also in North & South (2004 British mini series based on Elizabeth Gaskell's book of the same name) where he actually looks like a short haired Thorin in a suit and has the same brooding personality.
There was also a Strange Elf clad in green and brown, Legolas,..... (FOTR, The council of Elrond)

Wanderer

Re: So how about them Dwarves...

Post by Wanderer » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:52 pm

daughter_of_kings wrote:Also, Fili... or is it Kili?... the blonde one... is kind of a cutie. :D
Kili is the dark haired one that doesn't really look much like a dwarf. One of my friends said "Kili is a human. I call shenanigans!"
Fili is the blonde with the lovely fluffy hair.

I wouldn't expect anything less of those two, seeing how Thorin looks. If I remember correctly, he's their uncle. (I may be incorrect in this.)

I was shocked when I didn't see this as a topic already!!! They need their fangirls/guys. Doesn't even need to be about their looks!

I like that Bofur really takes to Bilbo. It seems he's always the first to be looking for him. And that conversation on the Goblin's "front porch" that they had made me so happy and sad all at once. So sweet.
~*Wandering the roads of life and love*~
*~I am of the roads of life. Let us see where they shall lead. If we like them not, we shall make our own paths~*

~*Bree*~

Strange Elf

Post by Strange Elf » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:59 pm

Oh! I forgot to add my favourite Dwarf, which would be Balin. I like his personality, he seems kind yet firm. Wise yet bows to his leader, Thorin. He looks like a grandfather type figure too. Yes, he's my favourite.
There was also a Strange Elf clad in green and brown, Legolas,..... (FOTR, The council of Elrond)

Ashlyn

Post by Ashlyn » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:07 pm

daughter_of_kings wrote:Also, Fili... or is it Kili?... the blonde one... is kind of a cutie. :D
I do believe that's Fili!!! :grin: :swoon: And, yes, he is kinda cute!!!
He wore a tall pointed blue hat, a long grey cloak, and a silver scarf. He had a long white beard and bushy eyebrows that stuck out beyond the brim of his hat.

halavana

Post by halavana » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:45 pm

Must confess to a liking for Dwalin. :D
a laital Eru
Mah nid sakhu!

MiddleEarthMunchkin

Post by MiddleEarthMunchkin » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:53 pm

My favorite dwarf is probably Balin, for all the reasons Strange Elf mentioned. He's like the wise old advisor, helps out with emotional support when needed. Bofur's very fun. He's got the good lines.

As for my favorite dwarf to drool over ... Thorin. (Or Kili). It's strange, I was just thinking of this the other day. I don't usually like actors with beards, and I was pretty neutral toward Armitage (how can Robin Hood's nemesis be a dwarf? I thought), but once you put a beard on him and stick him in Middle Earth with some good slow motion and epic music ... :swoon: And I do have a soft spot for the accent.

yaralindi

Post by yaralindi » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:34 pm

I'm rather fond of Aidan Turner (Kili) from his role as Bedoli in The Tudors and his role as Mitchell in Being Human. I'm not particularly fond of what PJ has done to any of the dwarves from The Hobbit, and Kili is probably the worst Dwarf of the lot, when compared with their description by The Master. Yet Aidan does pull off the role well and that is always a plus.

Now for something completely different:

That should help decide which is your favorite dwarf, right?
Purveyor of ancient songs

bregotamer

Post by bregotamer » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:34 pm

I'm not too much for "swooning", but I was pleasantly pleased that the dwarves in the movie didn't all look like Gimli. lolol.....several of them are easy on the eyes.

My favorite is Oin....I just love the way he utilizes his "hearing aid" in the movies. I also like Gloin, because you can definitely tell by his demeanor alone that he's Gimli's father.
My friends, you bow to no one."

MiddleEarthMunchkin

Post by MiddleEarthMunchkin » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:31 pm

Yaralindi - you should know that there are some things that cannot be unseen! :shock: You've ruined me. :lol:

I recently learned that the actor who plays Fili changed through the filming of Unexpected Journey. So there are scenes where you can see the other actor! Had no idea.

daughter_of_kings

Post by daughter_of_kings » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:11 pm

Yaralindi - that post needs a warning label!

Where's the brain bleach?! :shock:
If the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence... water your grass.