Johnny Depp...the swoonable and yet not so swoonable

Discuss your other favorite personalities.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

AragornLover1981

Johnny Depp...the swoonable and yet not so swoonable

Post by AragornLover1981 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:10 pm

I find Johnny Depp to be one of the hottest male actors of today's time. He's just so...juicy! :wink: Anyhoo...I think he's very swoonable in most of his movies...even "Edward Scissorhands" and POTC. BUT, I must say that I, in no way whatsoever, found him swoonable in "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory." *shivers* He's just creepy in that movie!

But overall...on the swoonage scale from 1-10...I'll give him a 9.8! :grin:

(And I'm first to post to this board! :o Interesting...especially since I'm not one to talk about stuff like this...but...I just saw this board and thought...COOL! A place to talk about hot actors! Wheee!)
"Let us be rid of it - once and for all! Come on, Mr. Frodo. I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!" ~ Samwise Gamgee

lindorie
Location: north central Texas, but my heart is in Minas Tirith

Re: Johnny Depp...the swoonable and yet not so swoonable

Post by lindorie » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:47 pm

There are only two movies that he has done that I really find him attractive in. Somehow, he grabs me In POTC and he is really swoonable in Chocolat. Most of the stuff he does is a bit too dark or offbeat for me, but I am trying to widen my horizons a bit, heheh. I can't wait to see Willie Wonka. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

hobbitlove

mmmm.....Johnny and Chocolat...a nice thought...txt

Post by hobbitlove » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:43 pm

I agree AL....he's a bit creepy in "Charlie" and the Chocolate factory. Word has it he modeled his character on both Marilyn Manson and Michael Jackson. A creepy combination indeed. However, though not in the least bit swoonable, the movie was awesome! So funny. I leaned over to Tori before the movie was even over and said "we are buying this one the minute it comes to DVD"
Well.....I'm back.

AragornLover1981

Re: mmmm.....Johnny and Chocolat...a nice thought...txt

Post by AragornLover1981 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:09 am

hobbitlove wrote: Word has it he modeled his character on both Marilyn Manson and Michael Jackson. A creepy combination indeed.
Yikes! Creepy doesn't even begin to describe it! LOL! *hugs you* It's so great to see you here, HL! (btw...did you get my email? I sent it after I read your LJ post from a day or two ago.)
"Let us be rid of it - once and for all! Come on, Mr. Frodo. I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!" ~ Samwise Gamgee

Mrs_Pippin-Took

Post by Mrs_Pippin-Took » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:24 am

I like Johnny Depp so much!! He is really one of my most favorite actors! I love Edward Scissorhands and I love POTC and Secret Window and What's eating Gilbert Grape...I love that man as an actor. He is so great at playing weird characters!
What's the point of being grown up when you can't be childish sometimes

lindorie
Location: north central Texas, but my heart is in Minas Tirith

Post by lindorie » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:22 pm

hobbitlove wrote:I agree AL....he's a bit creepy in "Charlie" and the Chocolate factory. Word has it he modeled his character on both Marilyn Manson and Michael Jackson. A creepy combination indeed. However, though not in the least bit swoonable, the movie was awesome! So funny. I leaned over to Tori before the movie was even over and said "we are buying this one the minute it comes to DVD"
the 2 or 3 interviews that I have seen with Johnny don't mention anything about MM or MJ. He actually has said that he has always thought that children's tv hosts such as Captain Kangaroo, Mr. Rogers, etc had a sort of sing-song pattern of speech that he has thought was kind of weird. He patterned his speaking as Willie Wonka after them.

hobbitlove

Yeah....I did....I've just so busy...txt

Post by hobbitlove » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:16 pm

(btw...did you get my email? I sent it after I read your LJ post from a day or two ago.)
I haven't had time to respond yet. I will though...I'll give you dates and directions and all that so you can come.

Just briefly though...it's the 12th and 13th of August. We're actually driving down on the 10th, but the LOTR thingy is the 12th and 13th and that's when Katrina's coming.
Well.....I'm back.

True-Hearted Easterling

Post by True-Hearted Easterling » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:41 pm

Yes, that's what I've read too. I found the pictures of him as Willy Wonka creepy, but I don't find him creepy in the movie.

And he is as swoonable as a man can be in Sleepy Hollow.
lindorie wrote:the 2 or 3 interviews that I have seen with Johnny don't mention anything about MM or MJ. He actually has said that he has always thought that children's tv hosts such as Captain Kangaroo, Mr. Rogers, etc had a sort of sing-song pattern of speech that he has thought was kind of weird. He patterned his speaking as Willie Wonka after them.

loverofhobbits

Oh, Johnny is such a wonderfully good-looking man. . .

Post by loverofhobbits » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:44 pm

Johnny is a really cute guy in almost everyone of his movies. I really like Edward Scissorhands, and Sleepy Hollow, and From H - e - double hockey stick (don't know if that will be be very good on a family board :? )

I have the Sexiest Man Alive magazine issue. Very nice pics!
Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
-Henry Van Dyke
If music be the food of love, play on: give me excess of it...
-Shakespeare