My Hallmark Card

Inspiration in any form.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

Ringwraith-Wife

My Hallmark Card

Post by Ringwraith-Wife » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:39 pm

When I was a really little kid, I only wanted two things... one was to be a "waltdisney" ( I didn't know the word cartoonist ) and the other was to be a 'hallmark lady" ... in other words I wanted to draw greeting cards. As far back as I can remember, I would carefully write the word HALLMARK on the back of my little handmade cards. As I got older... I would print on the back " When you care enough to send the very best... but you're too dam**d cheap." which was a play on Hallmark's Tag line of "When you care enough to send the very best...". Well... it took me long enough... but I finally have my first Hallmark card. It's only online at the moment, but I'll find out in April if it will be put into stores. No matter. The strange thing is, after all these years, I'm as excited about the embossed Hallmark envelope that comes with the card as I am about the card itself. ( My homemade cards never had embossed envelopes... nor did they have my picture and a bio above the Hallmark logo, like this one does. ) What a hoot!

INSIDE: I'm not wearing any knickers

tinidril

Re: My Hallmark Card

Post by tinidril » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:37 pm

:yay: Congratulations!! :thumb:
You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to. ~Bilbo
I'm on Facebook ~ The-tinidril on deviantART.com

daughter_of_kings

Post by daughter_of_kings » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:02 am

Congrats, RRW! :clap:

Now that you've achieved both of your childhood goals, on to the next adventure! What is the next adventure?
If the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence... water your grass.

daisy gold

Post by daisy gold » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:34 am

Congratulations RWW !!!! :clap:

A great achievement. Are you going to make some more? You should, you have such a wonderful talent. :bunny: :cheer:
He beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

lindorie
Location: north central Texas, but my heart is in Minas Tirith

Post by lindorie » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:00 am

I love it!

Strange Elf

Post by Strange Elf » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:36 pm

What a wonderful feather in your cap. And to fulfill a childhood dream must be fantastic.

Congratulations!
There was also a Strange Elf clad in green and brown, Legolas,..... (FOTR, The council of Elrond)

Ringwraith-Wife

Post by Ringwraith-Wife » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:10 pm

Thank you, my good friends. :-) As for the "childhood dream" thing, it just goes to show that if you try long enough, some of them DO come true! :grin:

DoctorGamgee

Post by DoctorGamgee » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:37 pm

That is just awesome! Congratulations on achieving your dream.

Dr.G
Proud father of G-minor and the Bean!

Ringwraith-Wife

Post by Ringwraith-Wife » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:21 am

Thanks Doc! ( I have to admit to having about a dozen more things I want to do, that I haven't done yet, but all the fun is in the trying... and I AM having fun! ) :-)

frodosmiss

Post by frodosmiss » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:03 pm

:stars: WOOT!!!!! :stars: How absolutely, wonderously FABULOUS is this???!!! Congratulations, RW-W! And to think, we know you!!! You care enough to give us your very best- how nice that others can appreciate it, too! I'm very happy for you! :cloud9:
..the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

Ringwraith-Wife

Post by Ringwraith-Wife » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:41 am

Thank you, Frodosmiss, very much.:hi:
I made it to the finals for a Christmas card, which got knocked out at the last minute by another card idea which had 6 uses for a fruitcake.
This one was my card:

Inside: KINKY!

:oops:

Rosie

Post by Rosie » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:18 am

I miss being inspired by you! Congratulations on the cards...I LOVE the 'but you're d**** cheap' hahaha, so creative!

daughter_of_kings

Post by daughter_of_kings » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:54 pm

Your Christmas card made me LOL! :rofl: I don't send e-cards, but if that one ever got printed, I would so buy it! :D
If the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence... water your grass.

Tari

Post by Tari » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:07 am

Wow! You did an amazing job and should be working for Hallmark.

Ringwraith-Wife

Post by Ringwraith-Wife » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:47 am

Thank you, Tari, that is nice of you to say. :-) My Granny card went into stores, and it was a big kick when friends across the country started sending me photos of my card in the slots with all of the others. I sold another card to Hallmark recently, ( another which is on line now, but I'll find out this week if it will go into stores. ) Hallmark has a line called SINCEREMENTE, aimed at Spanish speaking people, and since I don't speak Spanish, selling that one was a real surprise. The funny thing about THIS card, though, was I used a painting originally called "Crebain From Dunland" ( Now just "The Crow" or "el Cuervo" ) on the front. It was a painting I had posted here, on this site, first. What a hoot! This was Hallmark's announcement:

O/S : A Loteria Card. How nice. I/S: Why you should be more specific when you say you want Cuervo for your Cumpleanos.

( Cuervo: Crow [also a popular alcoholic beverage] -Loteria card: a popular game like bingo -Cumpleanos: birthday )