My Drawings

Inspiration in any form.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

Harthad

Re: My Drawings

Post by Harthad » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:19 am

I love all of your drawings! The witch looks scary! :shock: :lol: And I just saw Pirates 4, so the Angelica one was much appreciated! :D Great job.
"How do you pick up the threads of an old life. . . how do you go on, when in your heart, you begin to understand, there is no going back." ~ Frodo, TROTK
Click here to visit my site!

ibalissi

Post by ibalissi » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:56 pm

daughter_of_kings wrote:I love your witch!

There seems to be one missing, though... no "how to draw a..." dragon?
Thanks DOK! And I will attempt to draw a dragon :shock: :grin:

Harthad wrote:I love all of your drawings! The witch looks scary! :shock: :lol: And I just saw Pirates 4, so the Angelica one was much appreciated! :D Great job.
Thankyou Harthad :-) Did you enjoy Pirates 4? I was worried that I'd really miss Will and Elizabeth - but I really enjoyed it, Cap'n Jack and Angelica were so funny together! :grin:
'Tis a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing... such a little thing...'

Ibalissi.deviantART.com

tinidril

Post by tinidril » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:33 pm

I went through a whole "phase" of drawing dragons, mostly with ordinary crayons... but gave them all away (it was before I got a digital camera, so no pictures of them either :( ). I'll have to try another dragon project... probably a Smaug, :-)
You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to. ~Bilbo
I'm on Facebook ~ The-tinidril on deviantART.com

ibalissi

Post by ibalissi » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:24 am

How about Glaurung and Túrin - all out war! :sword: :grin:
'Tis a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing... such a little thing...'

Ibalissi.deviantART.com

ibalissi

Post by ibalissi » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:58 pm

*Drumroll please* I have finally finished my very first (and probably last!) watercolour painting! :grin: There's a lot I'm not happy with - especially the fact that JD doesn't look like JD - and the one thing I can usually be relied upon to do is make people look like themselves! But I'm also really pleased with alot of it, and glad its finished! :faint:

Anyway, here he is: Captain Jack Sparrow - Savvy! :pirate:
(The watercolour mark in the middle is just because the link is directly from my DeviantArt page) :)

Ibalissi.deviantART.com

Ringwraith-Wife

Post by Ringwraith-Wife » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:04 pm

It's FANTASTIC!!!--- You've accomplished something that most watercolorists never do, (I count myself in that) depth of color... too many turn out wishy washy paintings, all light and airy... and for this to be your FIRST... absolutely amazing. As for the likeness... I would know it was Jack Sparrow even if you hadn't told me... you've got the ESSENCE of the man... and the likeness isn't damned bad either. Good on you, girl! :big grin: :yay: Well Done! :yes:

daughter_of_kings

Post by daughter_of_kings » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:15 pm

You must be your own worst critic, Ibalissi. I LOVE the watercolor. I think (in my own humble and no-talent opinion) that it does look like Johnny, and more importantly, as RW said, you've captured the essence of Captain Jack. Well done, indeed. And I do hope it's not your last watercolor... that would be a loss for all of us viewers who are looking forward to the next one.
If the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence... water your grass.

tinidril

Post by tinidril » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:38 am

Really nice detail, and I agree with RW, beautiful color!

And remember, it's a portrait of Captain Jack, not Johnny :wink:
You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to. ~Bilbo
I'm on Facebook ~ The-tinidril on deviantART.com

ibalissi

Post by ibalissi » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:14 am

Wow! :shock: Thankyou so much for your comments - and I nearly ripped it up when I couldn't get his eyes right! :argh: :grin:
Ringwraith-Wife wrote: You've accomplished something that most watercolorists never do, (I count myself in that) depth of color... too many turn out wishy washy paintings, all light and airy
Some of the parts (*mutter mutter* his bandana *mutter mutter* :argh: ) I had to go over about 5 times just to get the depth, and that was before I even started on the shading! Watercolour was probably not the ideal medium to paint such a dark picture :roll: :lol:
I can't stop drawing pirates at the moment, must be a phase - but until this little obsession stops then I will keep drawing them! :grin: :pirate:

Ibalissi.deviantART.com

Primula

Post by Primula » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:19 pm

Yoi! That's one cool piratical pic - I am VERY impressed not only with your overall abilities but with your managing to pull this off with watercolors, which are not the most forgiving of paint mediums. Nice work! :up:

Sylvania

Post by Sylvania » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:37 am

Well as a VERY PROUD MUM I can totally agree with all your comments! I have seen the orignal and believe me it really is fantastic.
I don't know where Ibby gets her talent from - I can just about draw a straight line with a ruler!!! :lol:
CXXXEP

Ringwraith-Wife

Post by Ringwraith-Wife » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:53 pm

Stop that... she must have had some encouragement at least :!: :yes:
She IS a talented little rascal! :grin:

ibalissi

Post by ibalissi » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:39 am

Thankyou very much Primula! :-)

Mum has always given me loads of encouragement, and I'm sure she must have a creative streak somewhere - because she makes the most beautiful cakes you've ever seen! :grin: You should have seen our birthday cakes when we were kids, amazing! :yay: :grin:

Ibalissi.deviantART.com

vison

Post by vison » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:27 pm

I don't know much about art, but I do know that watercolours are notoriously hard to work in, and that portrait of Jack Sparrow is terrific.

Good job. :grin:
Today is the oldest you've ever been, yet the youngest you will ever be, so enjoy the day while it lasts.

ibalissi

Post by ibalissi » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:08 pm

Thanks ever so much vision! :grin:

Here's my latest picture: Eowyn. :rider: Her eyes are too big, there's something just not quite right about her nose, and somewhere along the line she started to look like Kate Winslett! :rofl: But apart from all that - I'm quite happy with it! :yay: :grin:

Ibalissi.deviantART.com