Opportunity knocks?

A place for all off-topic discussion.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

AnnaEstel

Opportunity knocks?

Post by AnnaEstel » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:09 pm

So we suddenly have a chance to buy a piece of land. We went to look at it expecting to walk away, but I fell in love. And while it's been a dream of my husbands for a long time, I have been terrified of going into debt again. The piece is bigger/more expensive than we were really looking for but it's simply amazing. We are having trouble making the decision, because we'd have to make it fast and are afraid that if we go for it it might turn out we can't manage after all. Also we would have to well and truly penny pinch to make it work, and we are finally kinda comfy. Anyway, good thoughts for guidance to the right decision would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Galador khiluva mornie. Estel na illuve!

Strange Elf

Opportunity knocks?

Post by Strange Elf » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:20 pm

Sometimes dreams only come true once in a lifetime.

It is scary thing, but sometimes you just have to close your eyes and jump in.

I will certainly pray that you recieve guidence in this big decision.
There was also a Strange Elf clad in green and brown, Legolas,..... (FOTR, The council of Elrond)

yaralindi

Re: Opportunity knocks?

Post by yaralindi » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:10 am

I've learned over my 55 years of life that if you're not sure, really sure, about a major purchase - house, car, boat, land, business, etc. - don't do it. Your subconscious is trying to tell you something, but all you're seeing is the lovely thing that you want. I can't tell you which way you should go on this, because only you can decide if you're really sure. If you have doubts, then maybe doing this right now is just not a good move.
Purveyor of ancient songs

DoctorGamgee

Post by DoctorGamgee » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:40 am

You got it. I know you will make the right decision.
Proud father of G-minor and the Bean!

daughter_of_kings

Post by daughter_of_kings » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:59 pm

Yaralindi has a very good point. On the other hand, sometimes, to get something really good, you have to take a chance. I don't envy the decision you have at hand, and I'll be praying for you to have the wisdom to make the right choice.
If the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence... water your grass.

Ladyhawk Baggins

Post by Ladyhawk Baggins » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:08 pm

Praying for inspiration and guidance.
I will take it. I will take it. I will take the Ring to Mordor, though I do not know the way. ~ Frodo Baggins