Home....

A place for all off-topic discussion.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

agape4rivendell

Home....

Post by agape4rivendell » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:19 pm

Of course, when I heard about Christopher Lee, my first thoughts were of 'old' friends and laughter and creativity and love. Drew me back here.

Not that I haven't lurked, now and again.

It feels so like home. Just reading a few of the posts. Names so dear and familiar to me. Remembrances of those who have gone into the West.

I'm sorry I've not 'partaken' of the fruits of this glorious fellowship for so long. I put my heart and soul and lifeblood into writing for publishing. Hasn't worked out as I had hoped and I'm still not sure if I've learned anything. And I'm not sure if it was worth the severing of the rest of my life. Time will only tell.

But I'm back. Can't promise for how long, but I will contribute while I'm here. Bless you all for your constancy. xxxooo

Agape :pony: 'still chasing my tale'
'There will be only one Steward in Gondor, so long as I am King. I will have you as my Steward, or I will have none." PlasticChevy - The Captain and the King

Strange Elf

Home....

Post by Strange Elf » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:52 am

A HUGE warm welcome home, Agape.

Its a big, busy world out there, and our little (and ever shrinking) community is but a drop in that wide ocean of busy. But it can be a nice peaceful drop if you come in now and again.

Keep on working on your getting yourself published. Its a fine goal.

What did you think of the Hobbit movies?
There was also a Strange Elf clad in green and brown, Legolas,..... (FOTR, The council of Elrond)

agape4rivendell

Re: Home....

Post by agape4rivendell » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:01 pm

Many thx. :friends:

I loved the Hobbit. After knowing what PJ did to Faramir and such, I decided to go with no expectations. Just pure enjoyment. It made it fun. Of course, I made sure to remind my granddaughter at every deviation. She enjoyed it too. How about you?
'There will be only one Steward in Gondor, so long as I am King. I will have you as my Steward, or I will have none." PlasticChevy - The Captain and the King

Strange Elf

Post by Strange Elf » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:21 pm

There were too many things I couldn't get my head around, the biggest being the 'romance' between a Dwarf and an Elf. Really!

I did find that Thranduil and his son competed for my eye though. Two pretties made the movies worth at least one watch.

Smaug, even though they couldn't prounounce his name to my liking, was definitely spectacular.
There was also a Strange Elf clad in green and brown, Legolas,..... (FOTR, The council of Elrond)

agape4rivendell

Post by agape4rivendell » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:34 pm

My little one and my favorite was the 'bizarre' barrel ride. We watch it time and again on YouTube. :shock:

Ladyhawk Baggins

Post by Ladyhawk Baggins » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:50 pm

Welcome home, Agape. :-)

I was sure they were going to make that barrel ride into a ride at Disneyland or some other park. :roll:
I will take it. I will take it. I will take the Ring to Mordor, though I do not know the way. ~ Frodo Baggins

agape4rivendell

Post by agape4rivendell » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:34 pm

Thank you my friend. I think Peter has to build his own theme park. Disney likes to 'own' it all. :grin:

tinidril

Post by tinidril » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:37 am

Welcome back, Agape! :hug:
You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to. ~Bilbo
I'm on Facebook ~ The-tinidril on deviantART.com

daughter_of_kings

Post by daughter_of_kings » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:25 am

Welcome back, Agape! It's been a little slow around here lately, but our Fellowship is not a ghost town yet. And now that you're back, it'll be a little livelier. :D
If the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence... water your grass.

Primula

Post by Primula » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:58 am

Hi Agape! :hi: It's always nice to touch base now and then as we all wander in and out, very nice to see you here once more. I hope life has been treating you well and your adventures haven't been strenuous ones in the meantime.

frodosmiss

Post by frodosmiss » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:04 pm

Home again, home again, jiggety jig!!! So wonderful to see you!
:D
..the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

Frodo Baggins

Post by Frodo Baggins » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:02 pm

Welcome back! :-)
“I wish it need not have happened in my time,” said Frodo.
“So do I,” said Gandalf, “and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”
~The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

bregotamer

Post by bregotamer » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:02 pm

Yes, it's always good to have a new old friend pop in and out as most of do these days: Tea (or in my case, coffee) is at 4. There is plenty of it. And don't bother knocking. <3
My friends, you bow to no one."