Strange Elf - 16 years today

A place for all off-topic discussion.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

Strange Elf

Post by Strange Elf » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:53 am

I can hardly believe it!

16 years ago today, I chose Strange Elf as my LOTR forum name. I had joined a little earlier, but the moderators would not accept my original name of Lus-T-Elf :) .

I am sorry to say I cannot get on with the forum over at Dreamwidth, so I just come here and listen to the echos of the past.

I have been blessed to meet with several, vacation with one, and FaceBook with several more. Friends have been made over these 16 years, and friends are good.

:birthday: Strangey - a nick name from one of our former members -
There was also a Strange Elf clad in green and brown, Legolas,..... (FOTR, The council of Elrond)

daisy gold

Post by daisy gold » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:21 am

Time flies Strange Elf.
You are always Strange Elf to me.

I too will be here 15 years this summer.
I was so impressed with how fun loving everyone was on this site that I decided to join you all. It really has been the best of homes.

I have tried Dreamwidth but I am not a blogger at heart. So I too shall walk the echoing halls. We may bump into each other sometimes.
Still I am hoping that the Amazon TV series will encourage old friends to pop in again.
:hi:
He beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

Primula

Post by Primula » Wed May 09, 2018 4:07 pm

Sigh... yeah, the blog style forum, whether it's LiveJournal, Dreamwidth or any number of others just doesn't seem to work for us, does it? Well, it was worth a shot! :???:

Primula

Post by Primula » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:03 am

Don't know if 2018 will be our last full year here or not, looking for a new owner for this site now.

It sure was a crazy year here! My eldest Rose (aka Bluebell aka Evelyn) who now lives at on the Oregon coast met a fine young man and we are busy planning a wedding in March after he gets back from Basic training. I get to be one of those dreaded Mother-in-Law people, haha! I'm busy fixing up my property to sell as well, we'll be moving further south to Salem area to be nearer to my folks and to get something that doesn't have so many stairs, trying to plan for possible future scenarios where one of them might be with us. I am mostly praying that whoever buys this place will love it and want to garden and raise kids here, not chop down all the trees and develop it... we have 90 huge Doug firs and the fruit trees too - would be a crying shame to see it become townhouses.