TEXAS MOOT 2010 - After Action Report

Upcoming events, announcements and moots,
Share your travels and picture links here.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

daughter_of_kings

Re: TEXAS MOOT 2010! - DEPOSIT TIME

Post by daughter_of_kings » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:10 pm

Ack! Gimme a minute...

Aha!

4243 CR 162
Iola, TX 77861

Which reminds me... I need to get maps/directions put together.
If the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence... water your grass.

lindorie
Location: north central Texas, but my heart is in Minas Tirith

Post by lindorie » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:08 pm

Thank you! My hubby has been bugging me for an address for days...and the date, etc. He is already plotting our route...planning for country roads and rural vistas rather than interstates all the way.

Silivren Ithildin
Location: in Rivendell under a waterfall, also known as Mid-MO

Post by Silivren Ithildin » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:38 pm

I really wish we could make the moot but, family and friend's wedding comes first this year. I plan on next year being a sure thing. I hope you all have a fabulous time! I will be thinking of you!

Sil
And Aragorn gave it a new name and called it Anduril, Flame of the West. FOTR

"Utúlie'n aurë! Auta i lómë!"
The Children of Húrin

AnnaEstel

Post by AnnaEstel » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:42 pm

I hate to be a bug but can I get a head count? I'll need a little time to save up eggs.

And Ashlyn--the local mushroom farm has White, Crimini, Oyster, Portabella, and Shiitake mushrooms. What shall I bring and how much?

It's not Moot without the 'shrooms, after all!
Galador khiluva mornie. Estel na illuve!

Ashlyn

Post by Ashlyn » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:58 pm

AnnaEstel wrote:I hate to be a bug but can I get a head count? I'll need a little time to save up eggs.
I asked that just the other day, and we have 11 adults and 2 children!!
AnnaEstel wrote:And Ashlyn--the local mushroom farm has White, Crimini, Oyster, Portabella, and Shiitake mushrooms. What shall I bring and how much?
If I'm doing stuffed mushrooms, I'll need Crimini or White, with larger (not giant) sized caps if possible (hmm, about 3 lbs or so). And then I'll need another pound or so (Crimini) for the roast vegetables and orzo pasta.
AnnaEstel wrote:It's not Moot without the 'shrooms, after all!
It was last year ... ... ... unless my memories playing tricks on me!!
He wore a tall pointed blue hat, a long grey cloak, and a silver scarf. He had a long white beard and bushy eyebrows that stuck out beyond the brim of his hat.

lindorie

Post by lindorie » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:16 pm

LOL, my chile verde has 'shrooms, too, but I will be making it ahead of time and freezing it.

DoctorGamgee

Post by DoctorGamgee » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:05 am

Last year you had Mrs.Dr.G, who won't go near mushrooms. Don't ask me, I love 'em.
Proud father of G-minor and the Bean!

daughter_of_kings

Re: TEXAS MOOT 2010! - COMING SOON

Post by daughter_of_kings » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:17 am

I was just about to post a final headcount, and apologize for not having driving directions sent out yet, but I see Ashlyn has already done half of that for me. Thanks! :D

I have heard that the website has been down, but I have had a stupid work schedule for the last 2 weeks, and I haven't talked to Mrs. Chaney about it. I'll get maps and directions sent out just as soon as I get my act together.
If the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence... water your grass.

frodosmiss

Post by frodosmiss » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:58 pm

PICTURES!! PICTURES!!! PICTURES!!!

I do hope there will be pics posted after this moot concludes!! :wink:
..the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

Ashlyn

Post by Ashlyn » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:09 pm

Patience, m'dear, patience!!! 'Tis not yet time for the moot!!

But I'm quite certain that there will be pictures taken, and posted (I know I'll have mine with me ... ... I just got to remember to use it!).
He wore a tall pointed blue hat, a long grey cloak, and a silver scarf. He had a long white beard and bushy eyebrows that stuck out beyond the brim of his hat.

frodosmiss

Post by frodosmiss » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:46 pm

I just wanted to make sure that cameras were packed amongst all the mushrooms and seafood!! I am excited for all of you and hope to be a part of one of these someday!
..the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

daughter_of_kings

Re: TEXAS MOOT 2010! - MORE FOOD INFO

Post by daughter_of_kings » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:25 pm

Just a couple reminders to everyone who is cooking:
1) If you need me to buy/bring anything for you (particularly those of you coming long distance), please let me know by the week before;
2) If you bring foodstuffs, keep/bring your receipts or let me know how much you spent on it, so I can calculate everyone's food bill.

I will have some extra time on Wednesday... I hope to get maps out then.

daughter_of_kings

Re: TEXAS MOOT 2010! - DRIVING DIRECTIONS

Post by daughter_of_kings » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:54 am

So, I finally had time to look at maps and driving directions... I suppose everyone has already looked at the address on Google Maps.

Anyway, not all roads lead to Iola, but it takes many roads to get there. :wink: Coming from east or west, you'll need to get on either Hwy 21 on the north side or Hwy 30 on the south.

From the north, you'll need to get on Hwy 39 (either from 21 or from one of the many back roads) north of Iola. Then at Iola, take County Road (CR) 244 south to CR 162.

From the south, you'll need to take CR 244 north from Carlos (which is really just a blinking light and a convenience store at Hwy 30 and CR 244) to CR 162.

Google Maps will get you that far, but it has The Country Getaway on the WRONG PART of CR 162. When you get to CR 162, turn WEST, not east (that's right, if you're coming from Iola, or left, if you're coming from Carlos). The Country Getaway is 2 miles down CR 162.

CR 162 is a dirt road, but it's in pretty good shape right now, and it doesn't look like we're going to get much rain between now and then, so it shouldn't be a problem except for a little dust. Where CR 162 crosses CR 244, there is a state regulation green road sign that says CR 162, with arrows in both directions. There is also a small sign for the Morning Star B&B at the corner.

I talked to Mrs. Chaney this weekend, and she was not even aware that the website was down (someone hosts it for them). The Chaneys are out of town at the moment, so I don't expect the site to be back up before the moot. If you need further info from the website or driving directions, shoot me a PM.

T minus eleven days!

:dance:

lindorie

Post by lindorie » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:46 pm

Are we wearing garb?? or costumes at any point. Trying to plan my packing!

Ashlyn

Post by Ashlyn » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:39 pm

lindorie wrote:Are we wearing garb?? or costumes at any point. Trying to plan my packing!
Well, I wasn't planning on bringing any, but I can bring something (if it still fits) if I need to!! Just let me know!