The Exhibit in Indy?

Upcoming events, announcements and moots,
Share your travels and picture links here.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

Garnet Took

Re: Three winter coats man in October I'm still in shorts nt

Post by Garnet Took » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:33 pm

I figured I'd jump into this. I live in Indy, and I figured I'd let any of you know that if you're coming around Christmas, that week of the 26th. will probably be crazy. The kids get out of school for winter break on the 23rd. and most of the museums are usually crowded at that time.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this either, but they are going to be showing all three movies, one a night, at the IMAX. The admition to the exhibit doesn't include the movie. I think they're charging $8.50.

A couple of my friends, who are ringers, too, and I are looking for oportunities to get together with people coming to town for the exhibit. We are planning to go to it several times, starting on the sixth of October at 9:00 A.M.

Also, if anyone wants info on the city, I'm more than willing to help you out.

Thanks.

Garnet Took

Silivren Ithildin
Location: in Rivendell under a waterfall, also known as Mid-MO

I'm so excited! My leave has been approved!!......tx

Post by Silivren Ithildin » Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:29 am

Indy, here I come!!! :grin:

Sil :yay:
And Aragorn gave it a new name and called it Anduril, Flame of the West. FOTR

"Utúlie'n aurë! Auta i lómë!"
The Children of Húrin

Lithilien Quicksilver

Coming to Indy...

Post by Lithilien Quicksilver » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:28 pm

Well, I don't think I will be coming to Indy for the exhibit, but I will be there for Gen Con the weekend of August 19th. I'm flying in by midday on Friday and back out midday Sunday.
White shores are calling... You and I will meet again.

True-Hearted Easterling

moot locations?

Post by True-Hearted Easterling » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:24 am

Hey, Garnet Took. Do you have any suggestions for places we could moot Saturday night and/or Sunday morning?

Garnet Took

Re: moot locations?

Post by Garnet Took » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:16 am

Actually, that had crossed my mind. I'm guessing we need someplace centrally located, which translates to downtown. I also guess that food is a good idea. After all, I am a hobbit and food is vital to any social occasion. :D I also believe that keeping costs down is a good thing.

Let's see... Old Spaghetti Factory just popped into my head. It is reasonably priced and they are pretty good at seating large groups. The main drawback to this place is that It Is VERY Popular. They do not take reservations, so you need to get there early, especially if there is something major going on in town.

I'll check with my other local Ringers (I'll see them at the State Fair today) and see what they might suggest.

Garnet.

Labs

Re: moot locations? txt

Post by Labs » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:41 am

Ohh! I second your Spaghetti notion!! MMMMmmmm we had that in St. Louis..OMG heavenly. (they are good at seating large groups...we had a group of over 200 when we ate there!)

MrsFrodoBaggins

Re: The Exhibit in Indy?

Post by MrsFrodoBaggins » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:53 pm

Galadnen Silverleaf and I will be coming for the October 15 Boromir memorial. Don't know at this point whether we'll be flying or having ourselves a road trip from central PA, but in either case we're staying at my mom's house in Clayton, where I grew up (Clayton, a booming metropolis of around 700 souls, is about 25 miles due west of Indy).

Neesae

Re: I am seriously considering it... (txt)

Post by Neesae » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:31 pm

I am going with my dad even though we haven't gotten tickets yet. I hope there will be enough left. I would really love to go on my birthday in October! I am trying to get him "converted" into a LOTR junkie. :D

Are you able to get tickets for when you want to go or are they just giving them to you first come first serve for dates?
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

faramirgirl

Post by faramirgirl » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:22 am

That sounds fun, hope that you post about it and what you did there. :D
Proud grandma to Nova Holbrook and Kiara
Foster. and Aura Holbrook

Neesae

Post by Neesae » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:14 pm

YEAH! :P
I got my tickets.
They are for October 18th so it looks like I am going to miss you all.
We are going at 10am so I hope to see one of the movies at the IMAX too!!!
Can't tell I am excited, can ya? :yay:
But 100 people every 15 minutes, wow! :shock:
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

Garnet Took

Post by Garnet Took » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:23 am

I'm still working on ideas for places for a moot. I mentioned Spaghetti Factory to my local Ringer friends and they said that a small to medium group might work there. A larger group might have a hard time because it is echo-y in there.

One friend said she could rent a place for us to meet for $25. I told her I wasn't so sure on that one. We'd have to come up with our own food there, for one thing.

I guess three things that would help to know are:

1. What is the questimate of how many will be attending?

2. How close to the center of town do we want to stay?

3. Is it to be an adults only event? I ask this because I just checked the calander and found out I will have my 10-year-old rings fan daughter that weekend.

I'll keep checking with people around here.

Garnet.

True-Hearted Easterling

Post by True-Hearted Easterling » Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:27 am

I would not vote for trying to arrange for our own food at a meeting place. It's much easier to just meet at a restaurant.

Nine people have voted in the moot poll. I've bumped it up and asked anyone coming with a group to post how many people are in their parties.

There's no need for it to be adults only. As far as I'm concerned, kids are definitely welcome.

Thanks!
Garnet Took wrote:I'm still working on ideas for places for a moot. I mentioned Spaghetti Factory to my local Ringer friends and they said that a small to medium group might work there. A larger group might have a hard time because it is echo-y in there.

One friend said she could rent a place for us to meet for $25. I told her I wasn't so sure on that one. We'd have to come up with our own food there, for one thing.

I guess three things that would help to know are:

1. What is the questimate of how many will be attending?

2. How close to the center of town do we want to stay?

3. Is it to be an adults only event? I ask this because I just checked the calander and found out I will have my 10-year-old rings fan daughter that weekend.

I'll keep checking with people around here.

Garnet.

Garnet Took

Post by Garnet Took » Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:05 pm

So I'm guessing that we're looking at about 15 people. I know that there could be three or four in the group I'm with.

I'm still trying to get ideas from friends of mine. I know of a lot of places on the east side, but I have to get advice on downtown locations since I no longer haunt that part of town like I used to .

My daughter and I are supposed to go to the State Museum over Labor Day weekend--she won free tickets, but they have to be used by 9/30. :wink: I can't image why. Anyway, she and I may be able to scope out some places then.

I'll keep looking.

Garnet.