Texas Moot Dates Set: July 15-17, 2011

Upcoming events, announcements and moots,
Share your travels and picture links here.

Moderators: DoctorGamgee, Primula, Rosie, daughter_of_kings, Moderators

DoctorGamgee

Texas Moot Dates Set: July 15-17, 2011

Post by DoctorGamgee » Fri May 20, 2011 3:16 pm

OK, as we are planning thsi thing, we need to know when. Please reply to the post too, so that if not everybody has the same favorite week, we can see who can't come when and get the most out of it.

Dr.G
Last edited by DoctorGamgee on Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Proud father of G-minor and the Bean!

DoctorGamgee

Texas Moot Dates, 2011

Post by DoctorGamgee » Fri May 20, 2011 3:16 pm

I can do all of them, so it really is up to y'all. And, if you decide that you would rather do a midweek so we can all attend the movie together, that is fine too, I just need to know.

Ashlyn

Re: Texas Moot Dates, 2011

Post by Ashlyn » Fri May 20, 2011 4:40 pm

Alas, this year is a no-go on the TX moot. Having bought a house and going to ALEP2 later this year, the finances are being pinched tight enough already. But I will be there in spirit ... if not in person (and cooking)!!
Last edited by Ashlyn on Fri May 20, 2011 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He wore a tall pointed blue hat, a long grey cloak, and a silver scarf. He had a long white beard and bushy eyebrows that stuck out beyond the brim of his hat.

DoctorGamgee

Post by DoctorGamgee » Fri May 20, 2011 5:16 pm

I feared as much, but understand. Hopefully we will see you soon!

AnnaEstel

Post by AnnaEstel » Sat May 21, 2011 5:53 pm

I voted for the middle weekend but am also able to make all three if it needs to change later.
Galador khiluva mornie. Estel na illuve!

DoctorGamgee

Post by DoctorGamgee » Sun May 22, 2011 4:17 pm

The poll is only good for the rest of the week, so I hope folks answer. So far, You, Me and someone else (a MYSTERY guess....kinda like Mystery Date?!?) are fine with the middle, but I chose it as it had been up for a day or so and with nobody giving a choice, I figured I had better start the ball rolling. I too, can do it a different week if that works better for all involved.

I must confess that I chose that weekend as it would absolve me from participating in a musical...but if we move it, no worries. Devilishly clever, isn't it? :grin:

daughter_of_kings

Post by daughter_of_kings » Sun May 22, 2011 4:35 pm

Should I tell you that the someone else was me in a hurry, or should I just keep you guessing? :huh:

I'm really OK with any of them, but the middle weekend is probably the best for me.
If the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence... water your grass.

DoctorGamgee

Post by DoctorGamgee » Sun May 22, 2011 7:12 pm

DoK is the Mystery Date!!! Faramir will be so happy...LOL!

No, that was the core group who usually comes. I will get a message out to Firiel, and of course anyone else is welcome ... I just need to know the general #s. Husbands/Children etc. so that I can plan the food accordingly in terms of amounts.

Dr.G

lindorie
Location: north central Texas, but my heart is in Minas Tirith

Post by lindorie » Mon May 23, 2011 6:56 pm

It's just not in the cards for us, this year. I'm still trying to pay my trip to Washington off and I'm trying to get my foot operated on this summer. Nothing serious, just a cyst I have had on one of my toes that I have had for 20 years, but it has gotten big enough, I'm having serious issues finding shoes to fit and it has gone numb in places. It needs to be taken care of.

DoctorGamgee

Post by DoctorGamgee » Mon May 23, 2011 10:04 pm

One cannot fault the logic of attending a Son's Wedding over a Moot with us...Ours come almost every year. Hope your toe gets fixed and that life returns to normal.

frodosmiss

Post by frodosmiss » Tue May 24, 2011 8:33 pm

I have a free plane ticket burning a hole in my pocket, so to speak, and I am hoping to use it for a moot someday! Doesn't look like this year will be the year- I'll want to come when I can catch as many of you as I can, as there are few opportunities to do so for us way-up-northerners!! Maybe next year for me! XO
..the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

daughter_of_kings

Post by daughter_of_kings » Wed May 25, 2011 1:34 pm

Frodosmiss - we will miss you, and eagerly await the year that you finally show up. :D
If the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence... water your grass.

DoctorGamgee

Post by DoctorGamgee » Sun May 29, 2011 5:31 pm

It is dry down here...that's all I'm saying (except our bathroom, where the Bean just flooded the sink...but that is our fault, not hers).

We'll welcome you whenever you can come!

So, we have three who can do it the middle weekend, and one vote for the early one (but I don't know if that is preference or 'only shot').

Thoughts?

Dr.G

Fíriel

Post by Fíriel » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:38 am

Sorry to be late to the thread....My main computer got stolen, and I have been having trouble with my backup netbook. I'll check time off at work, but I should be able to make any of the weekends.
"Gondor! Gondor, between the mountains and the sea!
West Wind blew there; the light upon the Silver Tree...."

DoctorGamgee

Post by DoctorGamgee » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:53 am

Well then, I guessed you were the mystery date on the early weeknd. If the early bird will let us know if that is "I can only come this week" or "I can do any but this one is the best" then we will know how to proceed.